Your opinion on Thierry Henry? - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Where does Henry belong on the list of best football players ever?

Best football player ever 2 4.35%
Top 10 10 21.74%
Top 30 21 45.65%
Top 50 9 19.57%
Top 100 4 8.70%
Below Top 100 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #51 (permalink)
......................... .
 
united_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,139
united_07 13501 - 14000united_07 13501 - 14000united_07 13501 - 14000united_07 13501 - 14000united_07 13501 - 14000united_07 13501 - 14000united_07 13501 - 14000united_07 13501 - 14000united_07 13501 - 14000united_07 13501 - 14000united_07 13501 - 14000
Default Re: Your opinion on Thierry Henry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRulz View Post
Are you, like, 80 years old? I guess you watched Pele, Cruyff, Best and Kaiser in their primes? Tell me, what was watching Pele in Sweden '58 like? Was there a buzz?

you dont have to have seen someone like pele or cruyff week in week out to judge him to be a better player, would you hold the same opinion if I said rooney was a better player than maradonna because ive seen rooney every week


ok then you put him in the top 30, name the players who you have personally seen who are above him then? if you are not including the likes of pele, cyruff etc
united_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #52 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Adyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 498
Adyman is being a bitch
Default Re: Your opinion on Thierry Henry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by united_07 View Post
you dont have to have seen someone like pele or cruyff week in week out to judge him to be a better player, would you hold the same opinion if I said rooney was a better player than maradonna because ive seen rooney every week


ok then you put him in the top 30, name the players who you have personally seen who are above him then? if you are not including the likes of pele, cyruff etc
Rooney must be the best player ever in your opinion.
__________________
YOU KNOW WHAT, WRESTLING FORUM?

PEOPLE ARE EVIL HERE. EVIL. WHETHER YOU SAY GOOD OR BAD THINGS.
Adyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #53 (permalink)
Moyes out. Sherwood in.
 
Irish Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,622
Irish Jet 7501 - 8000Irish Jet 7501 - 8000Irish Jet 7501 - 8000Irish Jet 7501 - 8000Irish Jet 7501 - 8000Irish Jet 7501 - 8000Irish Jet 7501 - 8000Irish Jet 7501 - 8000Irish Jet 7501 - 8000Irish Jet 7501 - 8000Irish Jet 7501 - 8000
Default Re: Your opinion on Thierry Henry?

Cunt of a man, cunt of a player, plays for horrible clubs and a worse country. Hate the bastard, constantly breaking my heart. Years of torture as a United fan watching him tear apart the PL, beats us in the final with Barcelona (although marked out of it by the GOAT O’Shea), cheats Ireland out of the world cup in 2010 and then the fucker costs me over 600 with a last minute winner against Sunderland last season. Fuck you Thiery Henry, fall off the fucking earth already you big lipped cunt.

But yeah, good player.
Irish Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #54 (permalink)
Humbled
 
#dealwithit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8,733
#dealwithit 16001 - 16500#dealwithit 16001 - 16500#dealwithit 16001 - 16500#dealwithit 16001 - 16500#dealwithit 16001 - 16500#dealwithit 16001 - 16500#dealwithit 16001 - 16500#dealwithit 16001 - 16500#dealwithit 16001 - 16500#dealwithit 16001 - 16500#dealwithit 16001 - 16500
Default Re: Your opinion on Thierry Henry?

I voted top 50. It's very hard to accurately place people on an all time list especially when you go back to the really early days. As a gooner, I obviously love the guy, but there were plenty of players of his generation who were better than him. Namely Messi, Zidane, both Ronaldos, Ronaldinho, etc. So if he doesn't make the top 5 of his generation, where does that put him all time? I don't really know, but I'd probably go either top 30 or 50. He's certainly not top 10 though.
#dealwithit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #55 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Adyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 498
Adyman is being a bitch
Default Re: Your opinion on Thierry Henry?

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-li...rs-of-all-time

List of best football players chosen by THOUSANDS. Henry is 8th.

Although there's no way to measure how is someone better than the other, I would rather trust the amount of votes.
__________________
YOU KNOW WHAT, WRESTLING FORUM?

PEOPLE ARE EVIL HERE. EVIL. WHETHER YOU SAY GOOD OR BAD THINGS.
Adyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #56 (permalink)
Kiz
clive palmer
 
Kiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: vinny tan tho
Posts: 18,845
Kiz 31501 - 50000Kiz 31501 - 50000Kiz 31501 - 50000Kiz 31501 - 50000Kiz 31501 - 50000Kiz 31501 - 50000Kiz 31501 - 50000Kiz 31501 - 50000Kiz 31501 - 50000Kiz 31501 - 50000Kiz 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Your opinion on Thierry Henry?

there are players ranked more than once in the list. zidane 1 and 21, cruijff 7 and 34. seems legit.
__________________
Kiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #57 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Adyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 498
Adyman is being a bitch
Default Re: Your opinion on Thierry Henry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANTA SNRUB View Post
there are players ranked more than once in the list. zidane 1 and 21, cruijff 7 and 34. seems legit.
Yeah I guess that list sucks :/ but couldn't find anything better, except FIFA 100
__________________
YOU KNOW WHAT, WRESTLING FORUM?

PEOPLE ARE EVIL HERE. EVIL. WHETHER YOU SAY GOOD OR BAD THINGS.
Adyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #58 (permalink)
April O'Neil is the GOAT
 
Parison Sapphire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 661
Parison Sapphire 501 - 1000Parison Sapphire 501 - 1000Parison Sapphire 501 - 1000Parison Sapphire 501 - 1000Parison Sapphire 501 - 1000Parison Sapphire 501 - 1000
Default Re: Your opinion on Thierry Henry?

Henry's the Premier League's GOAT striker.
__________________
Parison Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #59 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
TheF1BOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK, England
Posts: 2,373
TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Your opinion on Thierry Henry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
So I'm lying? You'd put him next to the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane? Come off it.

Henry has done nothing to me. I have already said achievements wise he is one of the best, he has won everything he's been involved in. Premier League, World Cup, La Liga, Champions League, FA Cup, European Championship, you name it.

Yes, Messi would be shit in the Premier League, in fact I wish he stays in La Liga because I wouldn't want to tarnish the legacy he has created for himself. I mean do you reckon he could even score against the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal?





__________________


The Moment Wrestling Died
TheF1BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #60 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,470
Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500
Default Re: Your opinion on Thierry Henry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF1BOB View Post
WTF did Henry do to you!? Lot of today's players are way over hyped just because they won a cup or scored tons of goals.

Messi would be shit in the premier league imo.
I wouldn't say "shit" obviously, but would he have the record he has or the consistent form he's in if he was playing regularly in the PL? 100% Not even close. Yes, we saw a few sparks from him against Arsenal and Utd in the CL, but, in the same amount(if not more)we also saw him in miserable performances like almost all his matches against Chelsea. And even if you put this aside, he wouldn't be able to run through defenses with the physical style of the PL like he does in Spain. There's a reason LL strikers like a Aduriz or a Hemed has almost the same scoring record of the RVP's and the Suarez's. Not taking anything away from Messi because he has a rare talent but nothing he did against the English teams gives any indicator to what he would be in the PL(You can make the argument in the negative side). And when it's not in a big stage and there's a random away game against the physical Norwich's, he's not scoring 3s like he does against the Granada's. IMO.
Rock316AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios