America vs Europe/Rest of the World - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: What country/ies has the best sports

America (Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey) 9 23.08%
Europe (Soccer, Rugby, Tennis, Cricket) 30 76.92%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
Liam Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,155
Liam Miller is making a name for themselvesLiam Miller is making a name for themselvesLiam Miller is making a name for themselvesLiam Miller is making a name for themselvesLiam Miller is making a name for themselvesLiam Miller is making a name for themselvesLiam Miller is making a name for themselvesLiam Miller is making a name for themselvesLiam Miller is making a name for themselvesLiam Miller is making a name for themselvesLiam Miller is making a name for themselves
Default Re: America vs Europe/Rest of the World

Football, MMA and Boxing are the only sports i like so naturally i picked europe/rest of the world.
__________________
Liam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #42 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Henry Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,051
Henry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missed
Default Re: America vs Europe/Rest of the World

I really enjoy watching Basketball when I have access to it but my two great sporting loves are cycling and football which both have roots in Europe.


USA create some f**ing amazing cycling races though. The Tour of California and the USA Pro Cycling Challenge are two of the best events on the calendar.
Henry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #43 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Freeloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,672
Freeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missed
Default Re: America vs Europe/Rest of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige™ View Post

Yeah, no one outside of America can afford helmets & pads etc. Do you seriously believe that? Do you have any idea how much money goes into sport in this country at professional & grass root level? Parents also spend a lot on their kids too for them to be involved with their kit & equipment.

Football requires other equipment other than a ball ffs, as do other sports. We don't magic posts etc from thin air. To say that money is the reason American Football may become the most popular sport in the world is just ridiculous but not surprising since it's your clear opinion as stated it's the best sport in the world. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course they are.

The facts don't lie however. The rest of the world disagrees. I just didn't know it was because only America is able to afford the equipment to play it.

Nice shitty post. Here is what I actually said

Quote:
Many countries cannot afford American Football equipment
Notice the use of the word "many" and how I did not say "the entire rest of teh world cannot afford football equipment" so do explain to myself (and everyone else) when I said "Only American can afford football equipment." Europe has many nations that can afford teh equipment. South America has far less. Africa has very few. A single ball, however, they can afford. You disagree with this - yes or no?

Secondly, Sally, I'd like you to use your "intellect" and do a breakdown of costs between American football and European football (soccer) and tell me how they compare.

Third, I'd love you to breakdown where I was wrong by stating how many countries have less access to functional workout equipment. I guess you are going to take up that argument too? I'm here ready to discuss these three things. Are you?

I'll be waiting for a reply. This should be good once we get into GDP and annual income of a family in numerous countries.

Hop to it, Horton.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStudOfEngland View Post
Very good points and I have to agree with you on all of them! I live in England and I've sort of just gotten my friends into American Football and I actually HAVE an american football, and we really wanna try it out and play it properly, and this comes to your point about the equipment as we don't want to risk injury against eachother doing tackles like we want. Rugby easy to play with eachother since the tackles aren't THAT aggressive, but a very good point made about not affording equipment as that's the only thing that is stopping us from playing it properly over here!
Yeah, and England is a country that can afford to get it going. I was surprised that someone wanted to twist my words and claim I felt they could not; many countries in Europe could both afford to get equipment, and has the proper people to entertain the thought of playing the sport (you need bigger men to play the game efficiently, something less common in many Asian countries). But for reasons MrMister clarified, a ton of people just aren't going to start playing American Football. Hockey is even more expensive...
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic205268_1.gif

Last edited by Freeloader : 11-19-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Freeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #44 (permalink)
Kiz
clive palmer
 
Kiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: vinny tan tho
Posts: 19,927
Kiz is probably liked by SeabsKiz is probably liked by SeabsKiz is probably liked by SeabsKiz is probably liked by SeabsKiz is probably liked by SeabsKiz is probably liked by SeabsKiz is probably liked by SeabsKiz is probably liked by SeabsKiz is probably liked by SeabsKiz is probably liked by SeabsKiz is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: America vs Europe/Rest of the World

why is your sport called football when they dont use their feet?

__________________
Kiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,897
Dice Darwin better hope they're relatively new hereDice Darwin better hope they're relatively new hereDice Darwin better hope they're relatively new hereDice Darwin better hope they're relatively new hereDice Darwin better hope they're relatively new hereDice Darwin better hope they're relatively new hereDice Darwin better hope they're relatively new hereDice Darwin better hope they're relatively new hereDice Darwin better hope they're relatively new hereDice Darwin better hope they're relatively new hereDice Darwin better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: America vs Europe/Rest of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snrub View Post
why is your sport called football when they dont use their feet?



Dice Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #46 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,067
BRITLAND should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBRITLAND should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBRITLAND should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBRITLAND should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBRITLAND should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: America vs Europe/Rest of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice Darwin View Post


American sports have much better/more entertaining commentary thats for sure, you have big black guys talking funny things while we Brits are stuck with 80 year olds almost half asleep
BRITLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #47 (permalink)
...
 
MrMister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Book of Love
Posts: 27,501
MrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: America vs Europe/Rest of the World

I'm a fan of the sky sports guys that do NFL. Well they don't call the games, they talk during our commercial breaks. Give me Cecil Martin talking pigskin over the same Chevy truck or Budweiser commercial for the 80th time that day. Love the sport, despise the commercials. Hell give me Cecil Martin over most of our announcers. Looking at you Cris Collinsworth.
__________________
MrMister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #48 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 739
kimino is an after thoughtkimino is an after thought
Default Re: America vs Europe/Rest of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige™ View Post
Yeah they are played at a high level, I meant on the big scale that cricket & rugby world cups are. I don't doubt the basketball & baseball are popular but they don't have professionals playing in reputable & traditional competitions world & continent wide like cricket & rugby. Do basketball & baseball have major world national competitions? If they do they're certainly not on the same scale. Simply because those sports aren't as popular in those countries as others.



Yeah, no one outside of America can afford helmets & pads etc. Do you seriously believe that? Do you have any idea how much money goes into sport in this country at professional & grass root level? Parents also spend a lot on their kids too for them to be involved with their kit & equipment.

Football requires other equipment other than a ball ffs, as do other sports. We don't magic posts etc from thin air. To say that money is the reason American Football may become the most popular sport in the world is just ridiculous but not surprising since it's your clear opinion as stated it's the best sport in the world. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course they are.

The facts don't lie however. The rest of the world disagrees. I just didn't know it was because only America is able to afford the equipment to play it.

We know you love European/rugby sports but you are just wrong, specially on the Baseball part, baseball is United States, Japan, Caribean countries and probabily other asian countries favorite sports, its the second favorite sport in Mexico, Venezuela, and most of south american countries,also the fact that in MLB the best players are from other countries like Republica Dominicana, Venezuela, Japan, tell you how competitive the sports really are in the rest of the world.

Its probabily a difference of point of views since for example in America's countries we dont know touchdowns you need to score to win a cricket game(sarcasm, literally cricket is an unknown sport in some parts of america), while for you sports like baseball arent popular in Europe. But then again you are talking like you know our point of view but you certainly dont.

BTW i voted European because football is obviously the best and the most popular sport, and Tenis is awsome
__________________
Daniel Bryan was going to win at Wrestlemania but then he took a brogue kick to the face

Last edited by kimino : 12-15-2012 at 12:11 PM.
kimino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios