2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!! - Page 747 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7461 of 8823 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
Silent Alarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS



Also, can't we just employ Schmeichel to stand beside the goal during games to shout at the defence? De Gea will save stuff but he's a delicate flower, he can't be mean to the players.

Silent Alarm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7462 of 8823 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Bad Moon Rising
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fat Sean View Post
He has criticised him - only recently he criticised him over the Newcastle mistake.

You can't expect a 22 year old keeper to have the same presence as our last two top keepers, Schmikes and Ed. He's 22. He's playing for arguably the biggest club in the world. He has performed incredibly well this season, and any slight hint of an error is jumped upon by idiots that don't know what they're talking about.

Gary Neville comes out saying he fucked up - the same Gary Neville that has firmly jumped behind the Joe Hart bandwagon. It's a media circus out there and it's influencing the opinions of those incapable of coming to their own.

There are so many more culpable players in that squad, and at fault for that goal.
Why throw that in there.
ALEX. is offline  
post #7463 of 8823 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHumph View Post
Why throw that in there.
It adds to the pressure and weight of expectancy, as well as the level of scrutiny he has received, which is apparent in the media's response to his every game.

If changed to one of the biggest clubs in the world you surely wouldn't object to the validity? Let's not argue semantics
Big Fat Sean is offline  
post #7464 of 8823 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM
......................... .
 
united_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHumph View Post
Why throw that in there.
because its harder with the pressure of playing for United, than it is with Atletico Madrid

united_07 is offline  
post #7465 of 8823 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
The Arseache Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

You're either capable of dealing with that pressure or not though. If he can't handle it he'll constantly keep fucking up. Very rare for players to get a grasp on it without starting again at another (usually lower) club.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130527075641/tranquiltirades/images/e/e5/Dutch_mantell.jpg
WHAT A FRIGGIN CLOTHESLINE
The Arseache Kid is offline  
post #7466 of 8823 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 PM
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: On loan to WF for Xmas
Posts: 3,824
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fat Sean View Post
He has criticised him - only recently he criticised him over the Newcastle mistake.

You can't expect a 22 year old keeper to have the same presence as our last two top keepers, Schmikes and Ed. He's 22. He's playing for arguably the biggest club in the world. He has performed incredibly well this season, and any slight hint of an error is jumped upon by idiots that don't know what they're talking about.

Gary Neville comes out saying he fucked up - the same Gary Neville that has firmly jumped behind the Joe Hart bandwagon. It's a media circus out there and it's influencing the opinions of those incapable of coming to their own.

There are so many more culpable players in that squad, and at fault for that goal.
Fair enough, I've only seen him praise him endlessly.

I'm not expecting him to have the same presence, just some presence on crosses. He's a United keeper, that's what is expected of him, regardless of age.

I've slated Hart plenty of times on here so don't even start with that.

I agree that the defence should take some responsibility, but to say that punch was acceptable is laughable.



Andre is offline  
post #7467 of 8823 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arseache Kid View Post
You're either capable of dealing with that pressure or not though. If he can't handle it he'll constantly keep fucking up. Very rare for players to get a grasp on it without starting again at another (usually lower) club.
That's simply not true - especially for a goalkeeper. In recent years, Darren Fletcher, Johnny Evans, Danny Welbeck, Ronaldo and Nani all needed a few years to grow and develop. The only, ONLY, way to do that with a keeper is to give him the necessary time and games. The United defence has been really poor this season - De Gea has had to make far more saves than a Utd keeper usually would. He's performed admirably, and his age cannot be discounted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKANDRE View Post
Fair enough, I've only seen him praise him endlessly.

I'm not expecting him to have the same presence, just some presence on crosses. He's a United keeper, that's what is expected of him, regardless of age.

I've slated Hart plenty of times on here so don't even start with that.

I agree that the defence should take some responsibility, but to say that punch was acceptable is laughable.
He has had presence on crosses though - it's improved massively. You can visibly see that from this season and last. His age cannot be discounted that simply - he was bought as an investement and an investment needs to be given time and not scrutinised to point of derision over nothing issues. Every single goal that goes in is accompanied with an attempt to blame De Gea, and it's getting tiresome. I won't say that punch is acceptable, but we would already have been level was it nor for him earlier in the match. If I'm a manager, I'm fucking furious that the ball is conceded so easily on the edge of the box in the 92nd minute.

My point about Hart was merely a comparison in media reaction and I meant no offence on your own opinion of him....I haven't a fucking clue what that is in the first place
Big Fat Sean is offline  
post #7468 of 8823 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
HeartBreak&Triumph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maple in a moonlit night
Posts: 2,206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHumph View Post
Why throw that in there.
It's actually a legitimate point, to be fair.

Aku. Soku. Zan.
HeartBreak&Triumph is offline  
post #7469 of 8823 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 PM
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: On loan to WF for Xmas
Posts: 3,824
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fat Sean View Post
That's simply not true - especially for a goalkeeper. In recent years, Darren Fletcher, Johnny Evans, Danny Welbeck, Ronaldo and Nani all needed a few years to grow and develop. The only, ONLY, way to do that with a keeper is to give him the necessary time and games. The United defence has been really poor this season - De Gea has had to make far more saves than a Utd keeper usually would. He's performed admirably, and his age cannot be discounted.



He has had presence on crosses though - it's improved massively. You can visibly see that from this season and last. His age cannot be discounted that simply - he was bought as an investement and an investment needs to be given time and not scrutinised to point of derision over nothing issues. Every single goal that goes in is accompanied with an attempt to blame De Gea, and it's getting tiresome. I won't say that punch is acceptable, but we would already have been level was it nor for him earlier in the match. If I'm a manager, I'm fucking furious that the ball is conceded so easily on the edge of the box in the 92nd minute.

My point about Hart was merely a comparison in media reaction and I meant no offence on your own opinion of him....I haven't a fucking clue what that is in the first place
I haven't seen the improvement personally. If you mean taking balls that he's unchallenged for then fair enough, but that's basic stuff that any premier league keeper should do.

I've said it before but I don't think that his problem is down to age/experience, his judgement seems okay, but he just doesn't have the physical presence to get through crowds. Is that likely to change? That's the first thing that I would have been trying to help him develop if I was at United as a fitness coach. If he remains that slender then he's going to struggle, meanwhile you have to consider whether an increase in mass would effect his agility. It's not that simple a problem to fix.

The goals that he has been responsible for (at least partly) are the ones where he parries the ball straight back out and the others where he fails to intercept/deal with crosses. I can accept that he's a fantastic shot stopper but his handling lets him down at times, as does his positioning. There probably isn't a keeper with better reflexes in the league but unfortunately for him it's not all about that.



Andre is offline  
post #7470 of 8823 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Bad Moon Rising
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartBreak&Triumph View Post
It's actually a legitimate point, to be fair.
Yeah I suppose, thought he was doing it just to instigate but I can understand the point, on the keeper topic Sir Chezzer has been pretty good since coming back for that shitbag Mannone, the goals we concede are usually always down to our poor defending though and this post was also a test for my new Giroud sig
ALEX. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome