2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread - Page 70 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #691 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
HeatWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Hall
Posts: 9,310
HeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a push
Default Re: 2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread

Better arm than Denard so that's a win right off the bat

Now if you don't mind, I need to go slide the NCAA committee a few dollar bills to grant Gardner this redshirt so Michigan can have him an additional year
__________________
Gone but never forgotten


Twitter
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #692 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: 2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
Kent St is SEC's best out of conference win right?


If you don't consider South Carolina beating 14th ranked Clemson or Florida beating 13th ranked Florida State.

Who's Oregon's best OOC win? What about Kansas State? Stanford? Oklahoma?

Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #693 (permalink)
What lies in the furthest depths of one's memory?
 
Stax Classic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The place where all are born and where all will return. A blue star.
Posts: 9,227
Stax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselves
Default Re: 2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread

Your asking specific teams, he said as a conference, so KSU wouldn't be the argument, the BXII would be. etc.
__________________

LET YOUR BRAIN BLEED

sig by champ
Stax Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #694 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
HeatWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Hall
Posts: 9,310
HeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a push
Default Re: 2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread

Quote:
Matt Barkley leaves USC w/out ever being first team all conference
Amazing..

Also amazing, Braxton Miller may be a Heisman Finalist and was voted 2nd team All-Big 10.

Iowa's Micah Hyde was voted b10's defensive back of the year. He only has 1 int on the season
__________________
Gone but never forgotten


Twitter
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #695 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: 2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAEPERNICK View Post
Your asking specific teams, he said as a conference, so KSU wouldn't be the argument, the BXII would be. etc.
Uh, no.

The argument is the same. All conferences with high ranking members beat up on each other and not other conferences mainly. He wouldn't say shit if Tennessee beat Florida State because Tennessee isn't a power, but he's been going up and down the thread about the top teams in the SEC not playing anyone outside of conference. All of the people bitch about the huge SEC circle jerk of power teams when they play each other but not when teams like Oregon, Kansas State, or Oklahoma do dick outside of conference for the most part either.

What was the argument for the SEC circle jerk last year when LSU played Oregon and West Virginia (two teams that finished in the top 20) within the first 4 weeks of the season? Where are the Pac-10 "power" naysayers when Oregon's best OOC win is Fresno State and Stanford's is San Jose State? Do I even have to go into Oklahoma facing OOC power players like UTEP and Florida A&M?

People are envious of the SEC teams and the conference in general because the best collection of top teams reside there and get pissed when they play and beat each other to keep their ranking. They lose sight of the quality of teams at the top of the conference and try to downplay the weaker members like Kentucky and Vanderbilt to discredit the conference as a whole.

Regardless, I want to see some people bitching about the top teams from other conferences having ridiculous OOC wins.

Last edited by Glass Shatters : 11-26-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #696 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
HeatWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Hall
Posts: 9,310
HeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a push
Default Re: 2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAEPERNICK View Post
Your asking specific teams, he said as a conference, so KSU wouldn't be the argument, the BXII would be. etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post
Uh, no.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
Kent St is SEC's best out of conference win right?
__________________
Gone but never forgotten


Twitter
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #697 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: 2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
The argument is the same. You continuously try to discredit the power of the SEC without realizing that every other conference does the exact same thing. Look at the context you used it in; trying to poke fun at the SEC for their best win supposedly being Kent State for fuck's sake. Don't act like you were posing a legitimate question when both of those wins were last week. That is, of course, unless you just choose to selectively memorize that Kentucky beat Kent State way back in week 2.

Anyway, what is the Pac-12's best OOC win? What about the Big 12?

Last edited by Glass Shatters : 11-26-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #698 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
HeatWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Hall
Posts: 9,310
HeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a push
Default Re: 2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post
The argument is the same. You continuously try to discredit the power of the SEC
ya see...


Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
SEC's remarkable run likely over..Should be praised, not dissed tonight imo
It's not that I'm trying to discredit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post

and the B10 better be rooting for Bama to win the SEC..With Brad Edwards saying A&M to the Fiesta basically a lock, only 1 SEC slot remains open for the BCS. If Georgia beats Bama, then someone is getting slaughtered by them in the Capital One Bowl

I'd like B10's chances vs Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl more than capital One vs Bama, but that's just me
I just think Bama is a cut above the rest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
SEC IS down this year, but it's hard to notice when the B10 is down this year and the B12 is down as well.. Florida, Georgia, LSU, A&M & South Carolina are mediocre teams who are benefiting from how down those conferences are more than anyone
and the rest including other conferences are down..Unfortunately, you refuse to stop sipping the kool-aid...sorry but that's not my problem
__________________
Gone but never forgotten


Twitter
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #699 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: 2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread

Ah, so your argument that the SEC is down is proven by your other argument of all other conferences being down so we can't tell that the SEC is really down.

Mmmk.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #700 (permalink)
What lies in the furthest depths of one's memory?
 
Stax Classic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The place where all are born and where all will return. A blue star.
Posts: 9,227
Stax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselves
Default Re: 2012-13 College Football Discussion Thread

Quote:
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe

Tulane will join Big East for all sports
TULANE, BE going real big now.
__________________

LET YOUR BRAIN BLEED

sig by champ
Stax Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios