NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS - Page 581 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #5801 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Dragonballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,961
Dragonballfan is getting a pushDragonballfan is getting a pushDragonballfan is getting a pushDragonballfan is getting a pushDragonballfan is getting a pushDragonballfan is getting a pushDragonballfan is getting a pushDragonballfan is getting a pushDragonballfan is getting a pushDragonballfan is getting a pushDragonballfan is getting a push
Default re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post


God, I'm marking over here just reminiscing.
My favorite moment that season, that and the Vikings choking in the NFC Championship game 4
__________________
.
R.I.P. to the Ultimate Warrior.


"Eat... Sleep... Conquer... The Streak" - Michael Cole

WrestleMania VII - March 24, 1991 -- WrestleMania XXX - April 6, 2014
Dragonballfan is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #5802 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonballfan View Post
My favorite moment that season, that and the Vikings choking in the NFC Championship game 4
That season, for someone who's followed the Saints pre-Payton and Brees, was full of many memories. None more so than the two Porter interceptions, but if I had to go with a third, it's winning in Miami after being down 21-0. That's when I knew we were winning the Superbowl. The New England blowout with Belichick conceding defeat on Monday Night Football was a close fourth.
Glass Shatters is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #5803 (permalink)
#24
 
LUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,385
LUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF Ballot
Default re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post
And the Saints weren't about to go 16-0 that same season with Brees as the leader of the #1 offense in football and breaking the single season completion % record (for the first time) and leading the NFL in points scored? C'mon dude, you can defend Peyton all of his other years, but 2009 was Brees' year and the fact that he didn't win league MVP was an outright travesty.

I'm sure he doesn't give a fuck though, considering he got the MVP when it counted and Peyton, well...yeah.



God, I'm marking over here just reminiscing.

Yeah, they weren't going to go 16-0 as they actually lost with Brees in the lineup.


And it's okay, the Saints had their season and now they'll be shit for years to come again while Manning will continue to compete each year for a title.
LUCK is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #5804 (permalink)
I'm Star Lord, man.
 
BOOGIE COUSINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Traveled the World and the Seven Seas.
Posts: 15,971
BOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF Ballot
Default re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

49ers signed Billy Cundiff. oh dear god.
__________________

San francisco 49ers- San Francisco Giants-Sacramento Kings
BOOGIE COUSINS is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #5805 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Yeah, they weren't going to go 16-0 as they actually lost with Brees in the lineup.


And it's okay, the Saints had their season and now they'll be shit for years to come again while Manning will continue to compete each year for a title.
I sense a little bit of hostility for Brees outperforming Manning when it counted head to head. Manning started and played in both games the Colts lost, albeit not fully. Why are you even going to bring that up, unless you are going to concede his 2008 MVP award to Kerry fucking Collins because Collins was closer to 16-0 than Manning ever was that year. Nice train of thought, there. I'm waiting with baited breath for you to come up with some ridiculous variables to weasel out of the "but he was closer to going 16-0" theory with that one.

I also noticed you offered no retort to the points I offered, pretty much conceding defeat. Fact of the matter is that Brees outperformed Manning that year. You know it, too.

Glass Shatters is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #5806 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missed
Default re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKOK View Post
49ers signed Billy Cundiff. oh dear god.
LMAO!! Why do people keep signing this scrub?
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #5807 (permalink)
Holdin' it Dine for the South since 88
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,247
Notorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselves
Default re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

CUNDIFF
__________________
Notorious is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #5808 (permalink)
#24
 
LUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,385
LUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF Ballot
Default re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post
I sense a little bit of hostility for Brees outperforming Manning when it counted head to head. Manning started and played in both games the Colts lost, albeit not fully. Why are you even going to bring that up, unless you are going to concede his 2008 MVP award to Kerry fucking Collins because Collins was closer to 16-0 than Manning ever was that year. Nice train of thought, there. I'm waiting with baited breath for you to come up with some ridiculous variables to weasel out of the "but he was closer to going 16-0" theory with that one.

I also noticed you offered no retort to the points I offered, pretty much conceding defeat. Fact of the matter is that Brees outperformed Manning that year. You know it, too.

Brees won the superbowl, but there is no head to head. Your defense outplayed Manning, not Brees. That's why when people always refer to Eli as "Brady Killer" or something stupid like that I always find it ridiculous because it was the defense that was holding him down, not Eli.

Manning played literally a series in the last game I believe and our team was up against the Jets before we sat Manning. We would have gone 16-0 and pretty much everyone knows it. I'm not going to bother this with you as our teams were clearly better than both the teams we lost to, we even beat the Jets later in the playoffs.

Collins wasn't the major reason that Titans were winning, unlike Manning and Brees the following year, which makes the point completely irrelevant.

Our team played better and therefore Manning won, that's all that matters so I don't care whether or not Brees outperformed. You guys put up the most points because you guys short field repeatedly due to the Saints also leading the league in turnovers, give elite QBs a short field and they tend to score a lot of points. Just ask Brady. Your argument is trash and you really have no good points. Could the award have gone to Brees that year? Yeah, sure, pretty sure it was rather close in voting too. Did it? No, mostly because Colts were the better regular season team. Get over it. Or was it just because of another CONSPIRACY against the Saints? lolololol.
LUCK is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #5809 (permalink)
I like watching the puddles gather rain
 
JunkheadX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,946
JunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whore
Default re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Houston losing homefield advantage really hurts there chances at getting to the superbowl. There's no way they beat New England or Denver at there stadium. Still expect them to beat cincy though, especially in Houston.

I see the Colts upsetting Baltimore too, Luck is phenomenal and I don't think the Ravens are as strong as some people think they are. They're a hard team to beat at home but I predict the Colts to win a comeback by less than 3 points.
__________________
JunkheadX is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #5810 (permalink)
Just two lost souls
 
Stax Classic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Swimming in a fish bowl
Posts: 9,457
Stax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselves
Default re: NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Cundiff > or = Akers
__________________

WHOOPINS AND N-BOMBS

sig by champ
Stax Classic is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios