NBA Off-season Thread - Page 96 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #951 of 3775 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Working on my abs
 
Xile44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOON View Post
I'm not going to fault Steve Nash at all for this. At his age and you want a championship, why on earth would you go to Toronto or New York?
Agreed

Xile44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #952 of 3775 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Myst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kansas - yes, really.
Posts: 3,717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012





Myst is offline  
post #953 of 3775 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 10:54 PM
yippee-ki-yay
 
Miester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada, Eh?
Posts: 2,522
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
If he didn't consider the Raptors, why would he meet with them?

Him saying he has respect for the organization is irrelevant, majority of NBA players respect the Lakers organization. I never said he wouldn't consider the Lakers but why talk about how it would be hard to play with them and how you would rather beat them instead of join them just to turn around and request a trade to them?

As far as his kids go, once again I believe that's a cop out. Because if he cared that damn much about being close to his kids as well as being on a contending team he would've listened to no team other than the Lakers, considered no team other than the Lakers and met with no team other than the Lakers.

@HeatWave: Is marijuana legal in Arizona? Oh and Landry Fields makes more than him, Super Cool Beas needs to step his game up
Again, the ex and kids would have come with him to New York. Therefore he would have been close to his kids..Amare, Nash and Melo in the shitty East could also be considered a contending team. But clearly the Lakers didn't make that hard of a push until the last few days. They may have been 'interested' since the start but they didn't enter the bidding until yesterday. Kobe talked to Nash twice. Nash had time to think. Maybe he came to the conclusion that, even after saying it'd be hard to put a jersey on (but also that he'd consider everything) going to the Lakers best filled HIS needs (kids - much less hassle on them, chance for a title - better chance then in NY) and decided that'd be the best place to go. Not that hard to believe. People, after doing some thinking, can change their minds.

"Pardon my French, but this is real life sh*t." - Joey Votto, Cincinnati Reds First Basemen

Couldn't have said it better myself Joey. Great to see you back.
Miester is offline  
post #954 of 3775 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Myst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kansas - yes, really.
Posts: 3,717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miester View Post
Again, the ex and kids would have come with him to New York. Therefore he would have been close to his kids..Amare, Nash and Melo in the shitty East could also be considered a contending team. But clearly the Lakers didn't make that hard of a push until the last few days. They may have been 'interested' since the start but they didn't enter the bidding until yesterday. Kobe talked to Nash twice. Nash had time to think. Maybe he came to the conclusion that, even after saying it'd be hard to put a jersey on (but also that he'd consider everything) going to the Lakers best filled HIS needs (kids - much less hassle on them, chance for a title - better chance then in NY) and decided that'd be the best place to go. Not that hard to believe. People, after doing some thinking, can change their minds.

Give it up bro, he's a Celtics fan. Obviously he's not gonna like anything positive for the Lakers. As it should be.
Myst is offline  
post #955 of 3775 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 11:02 PM
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

The Hornets matching Eric Gordon's contract is stupid. He's openly saying he wants to play with Phoenix and doesn't want to come back to New Orleans but yet you're forcing him to come back to New Orleans. I mean New Orleans has the right to match any contract offered him but I think it's stupid especially when you drafted his replacement.

Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
post #956 of 3775 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Working on my abs
 
Xile44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
The Hornets matching Eric Gordon's contract is stupid. He's openly saying he wants to play with Phoenix and doesn't want to come back to New Orleans but yet you're forcing him to come back to New Orleans. I mean New Orleans has the right to match any contract offered him but I think it's stupid especially when you drafted his replacement.
SO they traded CP3 just to get back Austin Rivers?

Xile44 is offline  
post #957 of 3775 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 11:15 PM
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Hasheem Thabeet signed with the Thunder.

If Eric Gordon doesn't miss the majority of the season, the Hornets don't get Davis, keep in mind the Hornets had a winning record when Gordon played with the majority of those games being against playoff teams. I'm pretty sure the Hornets would keep Unibrow over Gordon in a heartbeat.

Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
post #958 of 3775 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 11:17 PM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
SpeedStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
                     
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Well now lets goes with the proposals

http://www.nba.com/magic/cohen-some-...-ponder_070412
SpeedStick is offline  
post #959 of 3775 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Working on my abs
 
Xile44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Hasheem Thabeet signed with the Thunder.

If Eric Gordon doesn't miss the majority of the season, the Hornets don't get Davis, keep in mind the Hornets had a winning record when Gordon played with the majority of those games being against playoff teams. I'm pretty sure the Hornets would keep Unibrow over Gordon in a heartbeat.
Either way they arent gonna let the guy go.

He knew they would match any offer, dont know why he said he what he did

Xile44 is offline  
post #960 of 3775 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Working on my abs
 
Xile44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStick View Post
Well now lets goes with the proposals

http://www.nba.com/magic/cohen-some-...-ponder_070412
Stopped reading when I saw Lin and Chandler for Howard

Xile44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome