Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012
This point guard discussion is beyond silly.
Here are my contributions:
1) John Wall is NOT a top 10 PG. He has NO basketball IQ at all.
2) Deron is a great PG. Could go either way with him and Paul a lot of the time.
3) Irving already shoots better than Paul and Deron imo. Better range, better set shooter, a bit behind on shooting off the dribble but I think overall he's the better shooter. That being said, they are better at pretty much every other aspect right now
4) Irving does have good court vision and is a good passer. People need to realize he plays for the Cavs and he's not looking for guys like BLAKE and LOPEZ cutting to the basket. Half the cavs players have no idea where they are going half the time. With time, as the Cavs put better players around him he will show his worth more.
5) To say Irving can't be the best point guard is silly. He very well could be. He's that good. It will depend on a lot of things but it certainly is within the realm of possibility. Nothing is guaranteed either way.
I probably have more but that's all I remember right now.
Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State