2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc - Page 324 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #3231 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,704
Snowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
That is truly a hall of shame post.

1.) It was in a world cup final! Downing wouldn't touch the ball in a world cup final so way to make a stupid comparison.

2.) The finesse with which he found the gap was simply exsquisite. It wan an inch perfect pass at at incredibly important stage of the game. Genius is what talent finds hard. Most talented players would have found it hard to be so composed in that moment.

3.) His legacy came from two games did it? Great research. Type Maradona and Napoli into google and you might be surprised at what you discover.

4.) There is no such thing as a weak world cup. Every international tournament is played under immense pressure, you have the eyes of the world watching you and you only have a few games in which everything has to click. You're comparing a bankrupt La Liga to a world cup tournament. Have you completely lost your senses?

Brazil didn't have to defeat too many great teams in 02 but it takes nothing away from how Ronaldo was able to perform in that environment.
Again with the insults? Is there any point in continuing when you have to resort to childs play just because your clutching at straws?

1/2) Theres no point in debating this anymore as I think a much more intresting debate has opened up and it's pointless. I find that being able to find a pass to a team mate when it's two on one in your teams favour to not be GENIUS! You find it genius, neither of us will change our mind but you need to open your eyes for the next point.

3) I know alot about Italian football actually. I don't really need to go over it with you but I am well aware of what he did with Napoli.

But Pele is regarded (key word, not worth debating over) as a GOAT and he played in Brazil his whole career. No one hardly ever saw him play yet he is regarded as a GOAT. Same with Maradonna. This is a different time, its not like today when I go see every Italian game I want on the TV it was all word of mouth and newspaper reports. The only time a lot of people ever got to see him was at the World Cup which is where his legacy was created. The Brazil WC team of 1970 is considered to be the best Brazilian WC team but 58-62 was much better. Reason why people believe the former? More poeple got to see the WC in 1970.

Thats a bit of a mess but basically his Napoli success made him one of the GOATs but none of us would ever know about it if it wasn't for his two game World Cup performances.

4) Yes there is. There were no strong teams. It's a common fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
No we're all waiting for that iconic moment when it's 2-2 in the world cup final and England bring on Downing who perfectly controls the ball in the air and sends a soaring, accurate long pass at an absolutely perfect pace to set up the tournament winning goal.
Long pass

Last edited by Snowman : 02-27-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #3232 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Henry Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,062
Henry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missed
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Never has one poster contributed so little with such long posts.

Your bias against Maradona is borderline hysterical. It's a waste of energy for me to argue with you about it anymore, deep down you must surely know how incredible Maradona's accomplishments are for club and country. 2 games in 86 did not cement his legacy. He built his legacy through winning trophies his teams had no right to win.

Last edited by Henry Hill : 02-27-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Henry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #3233 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,704
Snowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
Never has one poster contributed so little with such long posts.

Your bias against Maradona is borderline hysterical. It's a waste of energy for me to argue with you about it anymore, deep down you must surely know how incredible Maradona's accomplishments are for club and country.
Translation - Snowman brings up facts and logic and I can't counter them.

I'm bias against Maradona which is borderline hystrical? Around an hour ago you said Maradona was 100 miles better than Messi... Still stand by that statement?
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #3234 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Henry Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,062
Henry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missed
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN0WMAN View Post
Translation - Snowman brings up facts and logic and I can't counter them.

I'm bias against Maradona which is borderline hystrical? Around an hour ago you said Maradona was 100 miles better than Messi... Still stand by that statement?
5 goals, 5 assists, 1 world cup.

Facts. Logic.

2 Serie A Titles with an average Napoli team

Facts. Logic.

Damn you're so hard to counter. Can you slow it down a touch, I can't quite keep pace with your genius intellect.

Snowman's posting style:

* Waits till a debate is in full throttle.

* Picks a side.

* Joins in the attack on the other poster.

* Tries to trip poster up by bringing up points that they made in a separate argument and finding ways to use it against them in a completely new context just to try and expose their points as hypocritical.

* Makes completely obscure comparisons which usually have nothing to do with the nature of the debate.

* Tries again to trip up poster by bringing up points they made in the new debate back when they were talking about something completely irrelevant to the thing that they are discussing in the present.

* Believes in his own mind that he is backing up his thoughts with stone cold facts.

Last edited by Henry Hill : 02-27-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Henry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #3235 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,704
Snowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
5 goals, 5 assists, 1 world cup.

Facts. Logic.

2 Serie A Titles with an average Napoli team

Facts. Logic.
There really is no point so I'll sum up. You look with a narrow view, to help shape your argument. Let me give you an example. Messi 90 goals, 1 year. Sounds great but you'd happily argue the league isn't as strong and his WC achievements are where its at and anyone with Xavi and Inesta in the team would look good. Valid points but its one rule for Messi and one rule for Maradonna as shown in this quote.

I like to look at the broader perspective. Take everything into account. Maradonna is top two of time in my opinion, but it wasn't as A B C as you like to interpret.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #3236 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,704
Snowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

And again you had to edit in the insult? Honestly what is it doing for you? Do you think everyone will argee with you because of your 'sick' insults? People are smart enough to look at the arguments for and against him and make there own mind up. Nobody is wrong, it's opinions. Insults just make you seem like a child.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #3237 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Henry Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,062
Henry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missed
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

* Takes the moral high ground and tries to play therapist despite having spouted utter nonsense throughout the debate.

* Makes another completely obscure comparison in order to try and make the poster seem hypocritical again regardless of how many times said poster has already marked out the difference themselves.
Henry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #3238 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,704
Snowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
* Takes the moral high ground and tries to play therapist despite having spouted utter nonsense throughout the debate.

* Makes another completely obscure comparison in order to try and make the poster seem hypocritical again regardless of how many times said poster has already marked out the difference themselves.
*Continues to resort to insults. Can't comprehend that people interpret and see things differently.

*It's not one rule for one player and another rule for another (unless it's Muller, Maradonna or Tevez)
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #3239 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Henry Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,062
Henry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missedHenry Hill probably won't be missed
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

* Copies another posters style because he has no style of his own.
Henry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #3240 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,704
Snowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
Snowman's posting style:

* Waits till a debate is in full throttle.

* Picks a side.

* Joins in the attack on the other poster.

* Tries to trip poster up by bringing up points that they made in a separate argument and finding ways to use it against them in a completely new context just to try and expose their points as hypocritical.

* Makes completely obscure comparisons which usually have nothing to do with the nature of the debate.

* Tries again to trip up poster by bringing up points they made in the new debate back when they were talking about something completely irrelevant to the thing that they are discussing in the present.

* Believes in his own mind that he is backing up his thoughts with stone cold facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
* Copies another posters style because he has no style of his own.


Anyway this is going to have to end. PM me if you want to continue this but if you're going to resort to insults instead of an honest debate about football that your own problem.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios