2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc - Page 193 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 12-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #1921 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
zxLegionxz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,463
zxLegionxz 1001 - 1500zxLegionxz 1001 - 1500zxLegionxz 1001 - 1500zxLegionxz 1001 - 1500zxLegionxz 1001 - 1500zxLegionxz 1001 - 1500zxLegionxz 1001 - 1500zxLegionxz 1001 - 1500zxLegionxz 1001 - 1500zxLegionxz 1001 - 1500
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Butt hurt Zlatan? funny cause the last time he was the best striker in Inter out of 27 goals 14 or more were penalties
__________________
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo250/zxLegionSkullxz/goat.png


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post

No problem bro, just thought it can be used a lot, especially now when The GOAT is coming back to be the Shark of greatness in the middle of a sea of mediocrity :Rock
zxLegionxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #1922 (permalink)
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,561
reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

what makes a player really special to me is dragging a mediocre team to exceptional levels against all odds to heights it has no right reaching
__________________
reDREDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #1923 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
Liam Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,001
Liam Miller 12001 - 12500Liam Miller 12001 - 12500Liam Miller 12001 - 12500Liam Miller 12001 - 12500Liam Miller 12001 - 12500Liam Miller 12001 - 12500Liam Miller 12001 - 12500Liam Miller 12001 - 12500Liam Miller 12001 - 12500Liam Miller 12001 - 12500Liam Miller 12001 - 12500
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamaDead View Post
what makes a player really special to me is dragging a mediocre team to exceptional levels against all odds to heights it has no right reaching
__________________
Liam Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #1924 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,704
Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
You might need to sit down for a few minutes. I think your mind's just been blown by the might of Diego.

Maradona - he makes average teams look brilliant when he wants.

Please

You have avoided the points that I've made that show Maradona for what he really was internationally hence why you had to bring up club form which isn't as important. Maybe you should take a seat and evaluate how when looking at the past, narrow mindedness can make you look foolish and the bigger picture is what counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
Maradona is the reason why Italy's superb team in 90 went out. And Brazil and Yugoslavia. He was the MVP behind their route to the final. If he couldn't match 86 it's because no-one on the planet could replicate that kind of class twice.

Zidane was one of many incredible players in those teams. Maradona wasn't. Funny you should bring up group stages and Zidane given his early contribution in the 1998 World Cup.

You're completely off the mark about there being these average teams in 86 too. Not knowing who the players were doesn't make them average. Maradona just made them look bad.
1st para - As I've said their goalkeeper was regarded as their MVP at that tournament. If there was a different goalkeeper Argentina probably wouldn't have reached the final (same for the lottery shootouts and the rules being different in the group stage)

2nd para - Mostly true but it doesn't change the fact that he performed at the biggest stage of them all, the final.

3rd para - This is complete assumption that I don't know who these players are... There was no stand out teams at the 86 World Cup and that's fact. Brazil were the closest to being great but as I've stated key injures and in-fighting plus a penalty shootout was their downfall.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #1925 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Henry Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,021
Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
You have avoided the points that I've made that show Maradona for what he really was internationally hence why you had to bring up club form which isn't as important. Maybe you should take a seat and evaluate how when looking at the past, narrow mindedness can make you look foolish and the bigger picture is what counts.
Wrong. I brought up club form to enlighten Messi fanboys that Maradona actually accomplished something amazing at club level too and that it's not just that wonder goal vs England that he became legendary for.

The bigger picture is the one you're avoiding and it's quite simple. Messi needs a performance on the biggest stage of them all. You haven't shown Maradona for what he really was internationally, you've tried to rewrite history by downgrading his genius in 86 and then completely neglected his awesome contributions against Italy, Brazil and Yugoslavia in 90.

Next thing we know, Messi's friendly performance against Brazil will be justification for his entire international career.

Last edited by Henry Hill : 12-10-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Henry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #1926 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,704
Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
Wrong. I brought up club form to enlighten Messi fanboys that Maradona actually accomplished something amazing at club level too and that it's not just that wonder goal vs England that he became legendary for.
Now now Henry we both know you're prone to doing this. You contradict yourself in a post and when you get pointed out on it suddenly you were doing it for this whole new audience. Be a man and just admit you are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
The bigger picture is the one you're avoiding and it's quite simple. Messi needs a performance on the biggest stage of them all. You haven't shown Maradona for what he really was internationally, you've tried to rewrite history by downgrading his genius in 86 and then completely neglected his awesome contributions against Italy, Brazil and Yugoslavia in 90.
I'm not avoiding the first half of this paragraph, you must be mistaking me for someone else. I have never said anything on this forum about Messi not needing that World Cup performance. As for the rest of the paragraph, it's a fact that the other teams in 86 were average just like Argentina.

I also don't neglect his contributions against Italy, Brazil and Yugoslavia, it's just his contribution was not awesome. Brazil is the only one you argue that point with credibility. Argentina were the worst team in each of these games and on the backfoot in all of them. Yugoslavia were done to 10 men for the majority of the game and were still the better team, it ended 0 - 0 and Argentina won on a penalty shootout in which Maradona missed. Not awesome. Brazil didn't take their chances and one peice of Maradona magic set up a goal. Debatable if this is awesome as he done one thing the whole game. Would you say RVP was awesome vs Man City? Italy match was basically the same as the Yugoslavia match except he scored the penalty this time. Not awesome.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #1927 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Henry Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,021
Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

They were on the backfoot because as a team they couldn't compete. Maradona's individual class was what kept them going.

I'm not contradicting anything either. I'f I'm emphasizing his achievements at Napoli it's because it's not as well documented as his glory for Argentina and I feel it's important for people to understand how Maradona's Napoli performances are just as impressive
as Messi scoring ninety goals a season. I never said it was as impressive as his 86 performance because quite frankly nothing in the history of the game tops that.

Stop looking for arguments that clearly aren't there.
Henry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #1928 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,704
Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Maradonas indivual class kept them going? Read this again. Twice.

Quote:
I also don't neglect his contributions against Italy, Brazil and Yugoslavia, it's just his contribution was not awesome. Brazil is the only one you argue that point with credibility. Argentina were the worst team in each of these games and on the backfoot in all of them. Yugoslavia were done to 10 men for the majority of the game and were still the better team, it ended 0 - 0 and Argentina won on a penalty shootout in which Maradona missed. Not awesome. Brazil didn't take their chances and one peice of Maradona magic set up a goal. Debatable if this is awesome as he done one thing the whole game. Would you say RVP was awesome vs Man City? Italy match was basically the same as the Yugoslavia match except he scored the penalty this time. Not awesome.
Everybody can be blinded by bias. I'm since a huge Nedved fan, I'd pick him over Zidane! But I'm not blind enough to see that Zidane probably is the better player I just can't see it because of my huge boner for Nedved. You need to try and look at this objectively too. He produced glimpes of magic at 90 but for the majority of his time there he was average. This is fact. Read that quote for a third time and stop denying it to yourself.

I also disagree with your 'impressive performance' comment but there is no reason for me to school you on that too.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #1929 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Henry Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,021
Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000Henry Hill 4501 - 5000
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN0WMAN View Post
Maradonas indivual class kept them going? Read this again. Twice.



Everybody can be blinded by bias. I'm since a huge Nedved fan, I'd pick him over Zidane! But I'm not blind enough to see that Zidane probably is the better player I just can't see it because of my huge boner for Nedved. You need to try and look at this objectively too. He produced glimpes of magic at 90 but for the majority of his time there he was average. This is fact. Read that quote for a third time and stop denying it to yourself.

I also disagree with your 'impressive performance' comment but there is no reason for me to school you on that too.

Okay thanks. I read your description of the game and it has now become my opinion of the game too.

You're the best teach!
Henry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #1930 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,704
Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000Snowman 501 - 1000
Default Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
Okay thanks. I read your description of the game and it has now become my opinion of the game too.

You're the best teach!
That's just confusing. I know we have two different opinions but what about facts. Look at the Yugoslavia match:

Quote:
Yugoslavia were done to 10 men for the majority of the game and were still the better team, it ended 0 - 0 and Argentina won on a penalty shootout in which Maradona missed
This is Maradona performing awesome to you? Take out Maradona and put Messi there. Is it still awesome? I'm not asking you to change your opinions, I'm asking you to look at things objectively.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios