2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Sometimes being BRAVE is not enough) - Page 202 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2011 of 8216 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:11 AM
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

This is where playing the Fantasy league proper fucks up my moral compass when it comes to football.

Torres' goal shouldn't have been but it was set up by Cole who is in my fantasy team and Torres is my captain, so I fucking cheered louder than any Chelsea fan.

I also screamed dog's abuse at Hazard for not shooting himself for the fourth instead of squaring it.

The fucking shitbag had one single defender to beat with a shot, fucking bottler cunt. I've made him captain.

Anark is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2012 of 8216 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Joined For Fun
 
Joel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anark View Post
This is where playing the Fantasy league proper fucks up my moral compass when it comes to football.

Torres' goal shouldn't have been but it was set up by Cole who is in my fantasy team and Torres is my captain, so I fucking cheered louder than any Chelsea fan.

I also screamed dog's abuse at Hazard for not shooting himself for the fourth instead of squaring it.

The fucking shitbag had one single defender to beat with a shot, fucking bottler cunt. I've made him captain.


When Hazard passed it I was like, at least it's another assist, then I saw it was Ivanovic and I was

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic140023_5.gif
Joel is offline  
post #2013 of 8216 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
 
ALEKS KOLAROV'S CHRISTMAS CAROLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: #63notout
Posts: 20,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

fuck fantasy

ALEKS KOLAROV'S CHRISTMAS CAROLS is offline  
post #2014 of 8216 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Turn Out The Lights
 
XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: It's a ruse
Posts: 18,417
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

i went with Mata over Hazard in like every fantasy side


XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE is offline  
post #2015 of 8216 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:36 AM
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post


When Hazard passed it I was like, at least it's another assist, then I saw it was Ivanovic and I was
Fucking Chelsea cunt bastard didn't even get a bonus for three fucking assists. You know who did get a bonus for that game?

Fucking Torres.

What?

Anark is online now  
post #2016 of 8216 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Joined For Fun
 
Joel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anark View Post
Fucking Chelsea cunt bastard didn't even get a bonus for three fucking assists. You know who did get a bonus for that game?

Fucking Torres.

What?
Aye. What a load of bollocks. Was discussing that with my friend last night. Just ridiculous. Apart from the goal he was an embarrassment.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic140023_5.gif
Joel is offline  
post #2017 of 8216 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Aye. What a load of bollocks. Was discussing that with my friend last night. Just ridiculous. Apart from the goal he was an embarrassment.
The rumours after his flop at the start of his Chelsea career were that Liverpool had robbed you because he had lost something since his last bad injury. I don't know about that, but quite what is wrong is beyond me.

I actually like him, seems like a nice enough bloke. Would have loved him at United before he joined the scum. I think he would have done well as we counter-attack a lot (don't have much choice with our midfield). He seems a bit like RVP in his cameo against Everton, just kinda standing around hoping something will happen and not knowing what to do when it doesn't.

That's why Rooney will always be loved by fans of his team, as when shit goes bad, he gets stuck in and starts kicking lads. Lovely.

Anark is online now  
post #2018 of 8216 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Rampaiger
 
tommo010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Glasgow, UK
Posts: 2,384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th-Horseman View Post
Yes because all teams crumble to 4 goal losses solely due to conceeding one dodgy one right?

As an argument it wouldn't be shit if it was a 1 or even 2 goal difference. 4???
Anyone would be stupid to not consider that moment changed the outcome of the match, Chelsea could have still won 1-0 (score at the time) or even 5-0 or whatever score you want to pick, Spurs could have rallied and come back to win we'll never now it's history, but comments like yours never cease to amaze me you can't argue that moments like that don't change the outcome of events and I can guarantee one thing had this happened against you, you would feel just as aggrieved has Spurs fans where and loyal fan of any club would be.

You cannot argue against cause and effect no matter how smart you think you are.


There has been an awakening, have you felt it
tommo010 is offline  
post #2019 of 8216 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:07 PM
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo010 View Post
Anyone would be stupid to not consider that moment changed the outcome of the match, Chelsea could have still won 1-0 (score at the time) or even 5-0 or whatever score you want to pick, Spurs could have rallied and come back to win we'll never now it's history, but comments like yours never cease to amaze me you can't argue that moments like that don't change the outcome of events and I can guarantee one thing had this happened against you, you would feel just as aggrieved has Spurs fans where and loyal fan of any club would be.

You cannot argue against cause and effect no matter how smart you think you are.
You shouldn't be surprised, this guy is the 5th Horseman. He's the one to whom the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse said "It's alright mate, you stay here. Tell Hades which way we went, yeah?".

Anark is online now  
post #2020 of 8216 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
5th-Horseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Charge, charge, Chelsea charge
Posts: 1,790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo010 View Post
Anyone would be stupid to not consider that moment changed the outcome of the match, Chelsea could have still won 1-0 (score at the time) or even 5-0 or whatever score you want to pick, Spurs could have rallied and come back to win we'll never now it's history, but comments like yours never cease to amaze me you can't argue that moments like that don't change the outcome of events and I can guarantee one thing had this happened against you, you would feel just as aggrieved has Spurs fans where and loyal fan of any club would be.

You cannot argue against cause and effect no matter how smart you think you are.


Trust me I am not trying to be smart. Your argument is so bad it is making me look clever.

Going down by 1 goal does not cause any pro football team, let alone one as good as Spurs, to suddenly turn shit and ship 4 goals. That is an idiotic assumption to make. They had an off day, which is pretty fucking evident due the fact we won by 4 goals. Not one, not two, not three, four.

When the fuck did I say it didn't change the game??? If you are going to base your argument on something I have said, try actually using something I did say rather than a made up quote used to support your argument. Of course it changed the game, but to try and argue that the one dodgy goal was the entire reason Spurs totally capitulated and we won convincingly is just ridiculous. One goal does not make the entire difference in a 4 goal thrashing.

anyway

I went for Mata over Hazard as well in various FF leagues. My first game week has sucked so bad, placed about 10th in a work league of 14.


Steve the memories alone

Last edited by 5th-Horseman; 08-23-2012 at 12:39 PM.
5th-Horseman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome