Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/)
-   Sports (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/sports/)
-   -   Unpopular Sport opinions (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/sports/622586-unpopular-sport-opinions.html)

nazzac 06-17-2012 12:08 PM

Unpopular Sport opinions
 
I seen ones for wrestling, so why not one for sports?

Football (Soccer)

- Messi isn't and won't ever be the GOAT until he signle handidly wins the world cup with Argentina.

- Iniesta is better than Ronaldo

- Ramires is the most under-rated player in world football

- David Luiz is good.

- Garry Cahill is Englands best centre back

- Phil Jones is over-rated

- Even though i'm English, i have never supported the English national side.

- The goal that never stood in the 2010 England vs Germany match is justice for 1966. Hirst's goal never went over the line. People just want to believe it did

- The English Premier League is over-rated

- English fans are amongst the worst in Europe. They get shown up by other fans when ever a team comes over here to play an english club

- Van Persie is over-rated. pretty much, Everytime i have seen him play he's been poor.

MMA

- Michael Bisping was robbed against Chael Sonnen

- Renan Barao is the best 135lbser in the world

- Brock Lesnar was under-rated towards the end of his career

- Fedor is not the GOAT

The Arseache Kid 06-17-2012 12:14 PM

Re: Unpopular Sport opinions
 
Chelsea fan eh?

I've never cared for England, not since I was a kid anyway. Last time I gave a fuck would probably be the '98 World Cup. That's pretty common amongst most people I know. If it came down to England winning a tournament or Liverpool winning a throw in I'd opt for the throw in.

And the Premier League is over-rated.

My own personal ideas?

Golf isn't a fucking sport.

Jupes 06-17-2012 12:29 PM

Re: Unpopular Sport opinions
 
okay i've got a lot. But i wont list them all.

Football- John Terry is way past it, not even that old but he's past it. Has been for a while, he's decent but wouldn't start for England if I got to pick the team. I'm surprised he still starts for Chelsea.

Joe Hart is a very good keeper but of no fault of his own, massively overrated by everyone. He's made a good few errors for England that a keeper like Rob Green would be slaughtered for. He's actually made more mistakes for England than Rob Green. His kicking can be flat and terrible but he always gets away w/it and commentators tend to go silent when he does it. The media and pundits love him, give him a much easier time than they do the likes of De Gea.

Reina is a terrible goalkeeper, he's riding on his reputation of some clean sheet streak from years ago and he has his defence to thank for that. Decent shot stopper but not fantastic, dodgy w/crosses and just generally not that great.

Kiz 06-17-2012 12:38 PM

Re: Unpopular Sport opinions
 
please never, ever compare robert fucking green to joe GOLDEN BOY hart. ever. everyone knows his distribution is horrid. it's his superb shot stopping that wins teams games.

plus he has 8 more caps than robbert useless green.

FrayedEndsOfSanity 06-17-2012 12:38 PM

Re: Unpopular Sport opinions
 
Football;

1) Even if Lampard's goal against Germany at the WC 2010 stood, it would have not changed the game and made a whit of difference. England still would have been comprehensively beaten.
2) Wayne Rooney is overrated and overhyped. Good player but not God's gift to English football as some fans and the media claim/think.
3) The invincibles Arsenal side were the best team in the world that season hands down, even if they didn't win the C/L.
4) Barca's tiki-taka style of football is boring.
5) I always thought that Ricardo Quaresma had as much potential as Ronaldo but failed to fulfill it.
6) Even if Beckham had stayed on the field v Argentina in 1998, Argentina would have still gone through.
7) Ibrahimovic is overrated.
8) Even though they are both legends, Bergkamp was slightly better than Henry.
9) Fernando Morientes was better than Raul.
10) I have not supported the English national side in a major tournament since the 2002 World Cup.
11) I actually enjoyed the Greeks win the Euro Championships in 2004 because it reinforced the belief that football is still unpredictable and anything can happen and every now and again, an underdog can still pull off a massive shock.
12) Manuel Neuer is the best GK in the world, even more so than Casillas and Cech.

Cricket

1) India are a shit test side.
2) Australia's whitewash of England in the 2006/7 Ashes was not because they were unbeatable. It was because England were piss poor.
3) Muralitharan was a better bowler than Shane Warne.
4) Kevin Pieterson is overrated.
5) M.S Dhoni is not a great captain.
6) Brett Lee was a better bowler than Glenn McGrath.

Rugby;

1) Even though the final was won in suspect circumstances, South Africa's world cup win in 1995 was one of the most incredible stories in sports history;
2) Apart from good kicking ability, Johnny Wilkinson could not do a fuck lot else;
3) Matt Dawson was fucking shite. Almost as bad as Andy Farrell and Mike Tindall.

Razor King 06-17-2012 12:45 PM

Re: Unpopular Sport opinions
 
Re: some points

On the Messi bit, don't worry. He is Mr. Destiny and 2014 is his destiny.

Damn, Cricket... I completely stopped watching Cricket after Lara retired. Watched the WCs here and there but find it so boring these days. 20-20 is so shitty.

Rockhead 06-17-2012 12:47 PM

Re: Unpopular Sport opinions
 
I think everyone agrees with me now, but before I used to say:

Andrei Arshavin is massively overrated.

I also used to say Clint Dempsey was criminally underrated, but now that he's had a great season he is getting his praises.

And also I agree with whoever said Pepe Reina is a terrible keeper (especially for a team who is trying to compete at a high level). His laughable errors keep increasing year by year.

Rush 06-17-2012 12:47 PM

Re: Unpopular Sport opinions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrayedEndsOfSanity (Post 11603407)
2) Australia's whitewash of England in the 2006/7 Ashes was not because they were unbeatable. It was because England were piss poor.
3) Muralitharan was a better bowler than Shane Warne.
6) Brett Lee was a better bowler than Glenn McGrath.

laughable.

Seb 06-17-2012 01:40 PM

Re: Unpopular Sport opinions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrayedEndsOfSanity (Post 11603407)
1) Even if Lampard's goal against Germany at the WC 2010 stood, it would have not changed the game and made a whit of difference. England still would have been comprehensively beaten.
7) Ibrahimovic is overrated.
12) Manuel Neuer is the best GK in the world, even more so than Casillas and Cech.

1) India are a shit test side.

None of these are unpopular opinions.

And where the fuck did you pluck Cech from to go alongside Casillas and Neuer? :pique2

Quote:

5) I always thought that Ricardo Quaresma had as much potential as Ronaldo but failed to fulfill it.

9) Fernando Morientes was better than Raul.

2) Australia's whitewash of England in the 2006/7 Ashes was not because they were unbeatable. It was because England were piss poor.

6) Brett Lee was a better bowler than Glenn McGrath.
These are all embarrassingly bad points though. Especially the last one. cmon man :penguin

Quote:

Joe Hart is a very good keeper but of no fault of his own, massively overrated by everyone. He's made a good few errors for England that a keeper like Rob Green would be slaughtered for. He's actually made more mistakes for England than Rob Green. His kicking can be flat and terrible but he always gets away w/it and commentators tend to go silent when he does it. The media and pundits love him, give him a much easier time than they do the likes of De Gea.
:kenny

Samoon 06-17-2012 01:41 PM

Re: Unpopular Sport opinions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nazzac (Post 11603309)
I seen ones for wrestling, so why not one for sports?

Football (Soccer)

- Messi isn't and won't ever be the GOAT until he signle handidly wins the world cup with Argentina.

- Iniesta is better than Ronaldo

- Ramires is the most under-rated player in world football

- David Luiz is good.

- Garry Cahill is Englands best centre back

- Phil Jones is over-rated

- Even though i'm English, i have never supported the English national side.

- The goal that never stood in the 2010 England vs Germany match is justice for 1966. Hirst's goal never went over the line. People just want to believe it did

- The English Premier League is over-rated

- English fans are amongst the worst in Europe. They get shown up by other fans when ever a team comes over here to play an english club

- Van Persie is over-rated. pretty much, Everytime i have seen him play he's been poor.

MMA

- Michael Bisping was robbed against Chael Sonnen

- Renan Barao is the best 135lbser in the world

- Brock Lesnar was under-rated towards the end of his career

- Fedor is not the GOAT

Spot on


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2