Tennis Discussion Thread - Page 65 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #641 of 6756 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Samoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

You don't expect Tennis player to decline when they are 26 years old. It must be that loss I guess.

Edit: Roddick has beaten Isner in 3 sets. Isner had 53 winners while Roddick had 22 and still Isner lost. Wow.





Credit: CHAMPviaDQ

Last edited by Samoon; 07-21-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Samoon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #642 of 6756 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Zen
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Rd, London SW6 1HS, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoon View Post
You don't expect Tennis player to decline when they are 26 years old. It must be that loss I guess.

Edit: Roddick has beaten Isner in 3 sets. Isner had 53 winners while Roddick had 22 and still Isner lost. Wow.
Well people were saying Federer was declining since 2008.

Cograts to Roddick, I'm guessing most of those winners by Isner were aces
Zen is offline  
post #643 of 6756 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Samoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Klein View Post
Well people were saying Federer was declining since 2008.

Cograts to Roddick, I'm guessing most of those winners by Isner were aces
These cases are totally different. Roddick has completely declined after 2009. Never looked like coming back to his best. Federer case is different. He is not playing as well as he did 2004 or 2006 because those were his prime years. You can't expect him to play at that level for so long. He is still playing very well so I would not say he is declining. Roddick in 2009 was not as good as he was in 2003, 2005 but people never said he was declining. People said Federer had a horrible year in 2008 yet he still won a slam.





Credit: CHAMPviaDQ
Samoon is offline  
post #644 of 6756 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Zen
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Rd, London SW6 1HS, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoon View Post
These cases are totally different. Roddick has completely declined after 2009. Never looked like coming back to his best. Federer case is different. He is not playing as well as he did 2004 or 2006 because those were his prime years. You can't expect him to play at that level for so long. He is still playing very well so I would not say he is declining. Roddick in 2009 was not as good as he was in 2003, 2005 but people never said he was declining. People said Federer had a horrible year in 2008 yet he still won a slam.
I was just saying what others were saying, they ACTUALLY were saying he is starting to decline, I never agreed with them. Most likely because he was just so dominate during his prime that if he lost one match people would think he's getting worse.

Federer said himself - "I've created a monster, I lose one set and people think I'm laying bad".
Zen is offline  
post #645 of 6756 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Brandwagon
Posts: 3,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoon View Post
Below him you mean. His Wimbledon match against Ferrer was really close. It was not like Murray actually outclassed him. Against Tsonga, yeah he pretty much outclassed him. But seriously, I don't think that will happen in the Olympics. If they face, it will be much closer. Tsonga has beaten the Top guys before. Tsonga just needs to be a little more consistent. There is not much difference between Murray, Ferrer and Tsonga imo.
In the Murray match, Tsonga played terrible apart from the 3rd set. The Ferrer vs Murray match was close i agree.

The difference between those 3 players isn't much at all.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic203082_15.gif


STAN DA MAN!!!
nazzac is offline  
post #646 of 6756 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Total Divas Marks Just Suck
 
Nige™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Preston, UK
Posts: 9,781
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoon View Post
You don't expect Tennis player to decline when they are 26 years old. It must be that loss I guess.

Edit: Roddick has beaten Isner in 3 sets. Isner had 53 winners while Roddick had 22 and still Isner lost. Wow.
The unforced errors are just as important, sometimes more so and Isner on his day can fire in a load of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
In the Murray match, Tsonga played terrible apart from the 3rd set. The Ferrer vs Murray match was close i agree.

The difference between those 3 players isn't much at all.
Yeah Tsonga was disappointing in the first two sets but everyone knows his issue is his consistency. When he finds his best tennis he can blow almost anyone off court like he did to Federer last year and against Novak at the French. His game is so different to Murray & Ferrer in that he's not negative and goes for the big shots. It's just that he can't find the lines consistently. Dude needs a coach!
Nige™ is offline  
post #647 of 6756 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Brandwagon
Posts: 3,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

I'm going to predict...

Gold- Djokovic
Silver- Federer
Bronze- Tsonga

And for womens i hope Slava does well and gets a medal. Unlikely but i think she can if she gets a good draw and manages to stay consistent

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic203082_15.gif


STAN DA MAN!!!
nazzac is offline  
post #648 of 6756 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Zen
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Rd, London SW6 1HS, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it going to best of 3 sets and best of 5 sets in the final?
Zen is offline  
post #649 of 6756 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Samoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige™ View Post
The unforced errors are just as important, sometimes more so and Isner on his day can fire in a load of them.
I know. If you lose a match having 5-10 winners more than your opponent isnt surprising at all but to have 31 winners more than your oppponent and still lose is surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Klein View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but is it going to best of 3 sets and best of 5 sets in the final?
Best out of five.

When is the draw for the Olympics?





Credit: CHAMPviaDQ
Samoon is offline  
post #650 of 6756 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 05:28 AM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Brandwagon
Posts: 3,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoon View Post
I know. If you lose a match having 5-10 winners more than your opponent isnt surprising at all but to have 31 winners more than your oppponent and still lose is surprising.



Best out of five.

When is the draw for the Olympics?
I heard it was the 26th, but it could be wrong.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic203082_15.gif


STAN DA MAN!!!
nazzac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome