Tennis Discussion Thread - Page 38 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #371 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 2,181
NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kun10 View Post
I love how you say this before making one of the most rude, miserable and moany posts I've seen on this forum. I mean seriously, cry more.

Murray clearly isn't comfortable in front of the camera. Even in that interview there he kept touching his face and looked as if he just wanted away. I feel people are very harsh on Murray because despite being a world class tennis player, he doesn't act like a comedian. With all that being said though I can understand why people don't care for him and wouldn't try and force anybody to like him, I just find it harsh.

You don't get a Great Britain in football or rugby or most other sports (Olympics aside). Murray is regarded as British, I see no reason why anybody from Britain shouldn't be allowed to cheer for him. Apparently us Scottish people are the ones with the complex but apparently not.
My post wasn't miserable, I'm far from a miserable person, what I am is a passionate person and I was simply making my opinion on the guy crystal clear, unfortunately when it comes to Andy Murray I find it difficult to refrain from swearing and insults, such is my intense dislike for the man.

And what a convenient excuses for his awful manners - "he's not comfortable in front of the camera" and it's because "he doesn't act like a comedian", what utter, utter bull. Do you think every other player on the tour is perfectly comfortable on camera? No, so why is it only Murray that comes across the way he does? Him being "comfortable on camera" or not is absolutely no excuse for his constant rude, ungracious behaviour, and you don't have to be a "comedian" to come across well.
NathWFC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #372 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 2,181
NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabs View Post
He represents Great Britain. Will you only be supporting the England athletes of Team GB at the olympics too?
The Olympics is a team and nation based sport, Wimbledon tennis is not, it's all about the individual. So why would I possibly root for someone who is not only incredibly dislikeable, but is also from Scotland, not England? Maybe if the man was even in the tiniest bit likeable then I'd support him regardless of whether he's Scottish or not, but he isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
It's stupid though. Because if there were any decent english players, nobody would care for Murray.

If there were any decent English players, then we'd say, he's representing england not great Britain
Exactly.
NathWFC is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #373 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Greek_Kane_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,121
Greek_Kane_Fan 501 - 1000Greek_Kane_Fan 501 - 1000Greek_Kane_Fan 501 - 1000Greek_Kane_Fan 501 - 1000Greek_Kane_Fan 501 - 1000Greek_Kane_Fan 501 - 1000Greek_Kane_Fan 501 - 1000
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

BTW who is the current best English male tennis player?
Greek_Kane_Fan is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #374 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 594
Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathWFC View Post
My post wasn't miserable, I'm far from a miserable person, what I am is a passionate person and I was simply making my opinion on the guy crystal clear, unfortunately when it comes to Andy Murray I find it difficult to refrain from swearing and insults, such is my intense dislike for the man.

And what a convenient excuses for his awful manners - "he's not comfortable in front of the camera" and it's because "he doesn't act like a comedian", what utter, utter bull. Do you think every other player on the tour is perfectly comfortable on camera? No, so why is it only Murray that comes across the way he does? Him being "comfortable on camera" or not is absolutely no excuse for his constant rude, ungracious behaviour, and you don't have to be a "comedian" to come across well.
What a convenient excuse for a cuntish post.

And I wasn't trying to make you like him. I already stated I can understand why people don't care for him. I was stating MY opinion. You're perfectly entitled to like/dislike whoever the hell you want. I'm not on some tirade to force every Brit to like Murray or something. I just found the hatred in your post rather laughable.
Kun10 is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #375 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Boo Radley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 958
Boo Radley 1001 - 1500Boo Radley 1001 - 1500Boo Radley 1001 - 1500Boo Radley 1001 - 1500Boo Radley 1001 - 1500Boo Radley 1001 - 1500Boo Radley 1001 - 1500Boo Radley 1001 - 1500Boo Radley 1001 - 1500
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabs View Post
He represents Great Britain. Will you only be supporting the England athletes of Team GB at the olympics too?
^^^ This in a nutshell and don't give me any of this Team GB working as a team bullshit, I seriously doubt most of the athletes will be doing anything to help anyone except themselves in their sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_Kane_Fan View Post
Didn't he even wear a Paraguay top when they were in England's world cup group back in 06?
Can't believe there are STILL people who believe this tabloid bullshit which was blown out of all proportion.
__________________
Boo Radley is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #376 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 2,181
NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kun10 View Post
What a convenient excuse for a cuntish post.

And I wasn't trying to make you like him. I already stated I can understand why people don't care for him. I was stating MY opinion. You're perfectly entitled to like/dislike whoever the hell you want. I'm not on some tirade to force every Brit to like Murray or something. I just found the hatred in your post rather laughable.
Well I couldn't really give a flying fuck if you find my hatred for him "rather laughable" because in my opinion it's warranted and I'm far from alone in my thoughts on him.

I have my opinion, and you have your biased, ridiculous excuse fuelled opinion. Each to their own.
NathWFC is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #377 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Zankman Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,160
Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

I think he explained why he posted like he did.
I did the same a dozen or so pages back; Murray is the guy who makes my "Be fair, objective and just" life philosophy null and void, he is just that annoying.
Not talking about how he behaves, the way he plays... Eh. It's enough to dislike him.

I don't know ANYONE IRL who likes him, be they casual viewers or "serious" viewers, be they tennis players themselves or not.
__________________
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/063/e/2/curt_hawkins_by_guilhermefaraco-d4rqwcn.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstro1988 View Post
Really, really enjoyed this week's Superstars. Honestly, the fans who are too snobbish to watch it, dismissing it as 'Jobberstars' really miss out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Extra- View Post
This post really makes you too smart for a '12er, doesn't it? Your new join date is 2008.
Zankman Jack is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #378 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 594
Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500Kun10 1001 - 1500
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathWFC View Post
Well I couldn't really give a flying fuck if you find my hatred for him "rather laughable" because in my opinion it's warranted and I'm far from alone in my thoughts on him.

I have my opinion, and you a biased, ridiculous excuse fuelled opinion of your own. Each to their own.
I'm biased because I said I can see why people dislike him but I find it harsh? Excuse fuelled? I made one excuse. You're the one being biased here. You're clearly a very angry person so by all means carry on, I won't get the way of your bitter ranting.
Kun10 is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #379 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 2,181
NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kun10 View Post
I'm biased because I said I can see why people dislike him but I find it harsh? Excuse fuelled? I made one excuse. You're the one being biased here. You're clearly a very angry person so by all means carry on, I won't get the way of your bitter ranting.
No, you made two excuses, you said his behaviour is because he's "clearly not comfortable in front of a camera" and people don't like him because he's "not a comedian", both of which are absolutely ridiculous. You can't say you "see why people dislike him" but then come out with two laughable excuses for the way he comes across in his defence.

Last edited by NathWFC : 07-06-2012 at 02:06 PM.
NathWFC is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #380 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Jobberwacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Job Centre of the Universal Job Match.gov.uk
Posts: 3,493
Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

"clearly not comfortable in front of a camera" and people don't like him because he's "not a comedian"

I see it as more, we can't completely judge anyone from what we see on camera, they are there to win matches and not friends. To entertain us and draw us in, off/on court, warms people towards you, but i can still get invested in someone without this.

Sure, I don't find Andy particularly engaging, but i wouldn't say he is unlikeable, i just don't really care how he comes across, so long as he isn't doing anything unbearable. I support all athletes from these isles, regardless, if they like it or not, or they are not likeable enough.
Jobberwacky is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios