MLB: ONE WEEK! - Page 19 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 3692 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:33 PM
GOAT
 
BAD NEWS GOON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The bunker of liberty
Posts: 3,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

The Nationals pitching so far this year has been absolutely filthy. If their offense can wake up.....

BAD NEWS GOON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 3692 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
-Halo-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Poster View Post
Ninja please. JV only had 81 pitches through 8, had a 1 hitter and was rolling. It was just one of those innings where a few things go right (Jennings slapping a 99 mph fastball barely into the OF; JV overthrowing against Pena) for one team. It was absolutely the right call for Leyland to let Verlander stay in with the way he was pitching. The only complaint I had was that he let Schlereth come in (no better then the 5th guy in the pen, if that) to walk a guy before bringing in Valverde. May as well let Valverde try to work out of the jam, not that POS Schlereth who can barely get lefties out.

It was just one of those games where the Tigers dominated for 8 innings then one weird inning and it fell apart. Oh well, that probably makes up for the walk off wins they had against Boston. That's why they play 162.

And they lost, Proves my point, and nothing you can do or say will change the result, to say it was the right call is BSOULUTELY WRONG, BECAUSE NOW IT SHOWS IT WAS NOT.

So dont give me the what could have happened preach.

Verlander lost the game nuff said.


you called me Ninja

Last edited by -Halo-; 04-12-2012 at 02:51 AM.
-Halo- is offline  
post #183 of 3692 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
JM
#Realtalk
 
JM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Basically you're saying complete game shutouts shouldn't exist -Halo- and yes, you're wrong. Verlander was rolling, pitch count warranted another inning, you let him try to finish what he started. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Verlander is one of the best, that's going to work far more than it doesn't.

#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
JM is offline  
post #184 of 3692 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
-Halo-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Basically you're saying complete game shutouts shouldn't exist -Halo- and yes, you're wrong. Verlander was rolling, pitch count warranted another inning, you let him try to finish what he started. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Verlander is one of the best, that's going to work far more than it doesn't.
No I am not saying they should not exist, clearly they do.

But for the Love of Christ did any one noticed the result ?

Verlander LOST obviously keeping him was not the right choice.
-Halo- is offline  
post #185 of 3692 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:34 AM
JM
#Realtalk
 
JM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

...

In hindsight. It's pretty easy to be a manager after things play out.

You don't take a guy out who's tossing a 1 hitter with only 80 pitches. Like I said, most of the time, 9 times out of 10 even, Verlander is going to get a complete game shutout in that situation. Same with Kershaw, same with Weaver, same with Halladay, same with Lee, same with Felix...

#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
JM is offline  
post #186 of 3692 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
-Halo-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
...

In hindsight. It's pretty easy to be a manager after things play out.

You don't take a guy out who's tossing a 1 hitter with only 80 pitches. Like I said, most of the time, 9 times out of 10 even, Verlander is going to get a complete game shutout in that situation. Same with Kershaw, same with Weaver, same with Halladay, same with Lee, same with Felix...
Look, Verdlander had a 1 hitter ok, he did not had a no hitter working for him.

What is the point of getting the shut out ? it only glorifies a pitcher, and an already glorified one, he does not need it, you get payed to win.

and they did not. I understand your argument, but the fact the result speaks for it self.
-Halo- is offline  
post #187 of 3692 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Veni, vidi, vici
 
El Conquistador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,040
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

You don't take Verlander out in that situation. Unfortunately, he lost command and broke down in the 9th in the most critical time. Verlander is the best pitcher in baseball and a far safer play than Valverde to deliver the hammer in the 9th.


A$AP
El Conquistador is offline  
post #188 of 3692 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Marine Til Death
 
The Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Flex View Post
Time to bring up Jackson. Byrd knows his time is running out and it's showing.
Jackson has a few more months before he comes up though because of the Super Two status, correct?
The Marine is offline  
post #189 of 3692 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
JM
#Realtalk
 
JM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Halo- View Post
Look, Verdlander had a 1 hitter ok, he did not had a no hitter working for him.

What is the point of getting the shut out ? it only glorifies a pitcher, and an already glorified one, he does not need it, you get payed to win.

and they did not. I understand your argument, but the fact the result speaks for it self.
Again, you pretty much said complete game shutouts shouldn't happen once gain. You'd pretty much be the WORST players manager in league history.

If Verlander got them in order in the 9th should they have still gone to the closer in that situation? We wouldn't even be having this conversation. You can't base a decision off the result like that. It was the right call...

#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
JM is offline  
post #190 of 3692 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Veni, vidi, vici
 
El Conquistador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,040
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGNR8NUGGA View Post
Jackson has a few more months before he comes up though because of the Super Two status, correct?
Correct. The projection is for him to come up at the end of May. I've heard Jed Hoyer was talking to the Braves and Nationals about trading Byrd or DeJesus.


A$AP
El Conquistador is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome