Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread - Page 54 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 07-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #531 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Samoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,255
Samoon Samoon Samoon Samoon Samoon Samoon Samoon Samoon Samoon Samoon Samoon
Default Re: Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

The arguments between Rush and eyebrowmorroco has been pretty funny.
__________________




Credit: CHAMPviaDQ
Samoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #532 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
eyebrowmorroco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: here and there
Posts: 4,338
eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco
Default Re: Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
You posted tariq's numbers and said he didn't deserve to be there and compared them to Ashton's, my point is which you keep ducking is that there is no reason to compare them like you did. If you want to discuss the merits regarding Tariq's selection compare to other back rowers.
1. I’m not comparing them
2. Ashton actually can be considered for the backrow, seeing as he’s played there. Again, not comparing them.
3. I don’t need to compare Tariq’s numbers to anyone, they’re poor.


Quote:
because i don't think that england or new zealand match up to the intensity, ability, and performance of origin? you're a moron.
How hard it is to comprehend: club performance into Origin performance into Country. Is it that fuckin’ hard to grasp, you nitwit?


Quote:
really? you really think that?
Year after year, NSW eligible players jump straight from club to country, while seasoned QLD Origin players continue to get overlooked. I’m just levelling it out. As for some kind of Gallen vs. Parker argument that you are trying to commit me to, show me where I said Parker’s the better player. You won’t find it.

My argument against several NSW backrowers is that they miss too many tackles. Guess what? Their Origin Game 1 and 2 mirror these numbers. Your argument against Harrison was something like you didn't even notice him. GTFO! You want me to pull up his statline so far in the two Origin games?


Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe_Maverick View Post
Internationals struggle to be as intense as City/Country origin, at least that game has an element of doubt as to who will win the games.
Surprise, surprise... You’re once again missing the point.
__________________
26/ 11/ 06

Last edited by eyebrowmorroco : 07-03-2012 at 06:11 AM.
eyebrowmorroco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #533 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rancho Relaxo
Posts: 10,897
Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye
Default Re: Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyebrowmorroco View Post
How hard it is to comprehend: club performance into Origin performance into Country. Is it that fuckiní hard to grasp, you nitwit?

Year after year, NSW eligible players jump straight from club to country, while seasoned QLD Origin players continue to get overlooked. Iím just levelling it out. As for some kind of Gallen vs. Parker argument that you are trying to commit me to, show me where I said Parkerís the better player. You wonít find it.

My argument against several NSW backrowers is that they miss too many tackles. Guess what? Their Origin in Game 1 and 2 mirror these numbers. Your argument against Harrison was something like you didn't even notice him. GTFO! You want me to pull up his statline so far in the two Origin games?

Surprise, surprise... Youíre once again missing the point.
Point #1 - that would be all well and good if those saud origin performers were actually worth a pinch of shit. Players such as Myles and Harrison are just getting strung along by the magic in the QLD side and are viewed as 'great' by association, when they're actually shit compared to the likes of Gallen, Lewis, Watmough, Glenn Stewart, and Bird.

Yes they might miss some tackles but scrambling defence secures those misses, and I'd rather have an attacking back row that could asisst in scoring points as opposed to a defensive backrow who are in essence more mobile forwards.

Please do tell how Internationals are more prestigious and worthwhile than State of Origin
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #534 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
eyebrowmorroco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: here and there
Posts: 4,338
eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco
Default Re: Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

Theyíre not. Point being: Origin should serve as a selection trial for pulling on the green and gold. You prove yourself in Origin, you deserve the jumper.
__________________
26/ 11/ 06
eyebrowmorroco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #535 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rancho Relaxo
Posts: 10,897
Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye
Default Re: Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

Just because your team wins doesn't mean you should get selected, unless you'd rather Harrison over Gallen. Oh wait, you would, based on dem stats.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #536 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
eyebrowmorroco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: here and there
Posts: 4,338
eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco eyebrowmorroco
Default Re: Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

No, I’d carry both, but I’d suggest Gallen wouldn’t be wearing the 13, neither would Harrison. Johnson should have played for Australia every year since his Origin debut in ’06. Hell, if they were willing to pick Darren Smith, DJ should have been the Australian lock despite playing for the Dragons.

Ciao for now. Here’s hoping the maroons make it 7.
__________________
26/ 11/ 06
eyebrowmorroco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #537 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rancho Relaxo
Posts: 10,897
Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye Bullseye
Default Re: Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

Johnson over Gallen? , you're joking, right? Thou shalt not feed the troll
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #538 (permalink)
courtesy is a fallacy
 
Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,249
Josh needs to be red reppedJosh needs to be red reppedJosh needs to be red reppedJosh needs to be red reppedJosh needs to be red reppedJosh needs to be red reppedJosh needs to be red reppedJosh needs to be red reppedJosh needs to be red reppedJosh needs to be red reppedJosh needs to be red repped
Default Re: Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

johnson would knock himself out in the first half like he does in all the rep games he plays.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #539 (permalink)
DEZ
 
MrMister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Book of Love
Posts: 26,688
MrMister MrMister MrMister MrMister MrMister MrMister MrMister MrMister MrMister MrMister MrMister
Default Re: Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

Argue forever, but keep the insults out of it.

And multi-quotes are Mav's bit.
__________________
:GARRETT
MrMister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #540 (permalink)
Turn Out The Lights
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bring Me A Higher Love
Posts: 18,009
Rush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on rep
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyebrowmorroco View Post
1. Iím not comparing them
2. Ashton actually can be considered for the backrow, seeing as heís played there. Again, not comparing them.
3. I donít need to compare Tariqís numbers to anyone, theyíre poor.
1. Yes you did.
2. Hasn't played there for ages.
3. Yes and sometimes players are picked for intangibles. Stuff that doesn't get put on a statline. Stuff that people who watch the game appreciate as opposed to nerds reading stats in a magazine. I'm not saying Tamou should get picked, but he offers something to any side that has him. Why do you think Petero has been picked for Queensland? His stats are atrocious this year and he's definitely on the decline as a player. Haven't heard you questioning his selection, why is that? Nothing he offers is statistically relevant, how come you haven't wanted him dropped?

Again this comes back to when selecting a side you can't just pick the top 3 metre grabbers, top 3 tacklers, etc for a side. You need balance, you have role players to go with your stars. NSW needs attacking backrowers to make up for our weaker backline. Queensland can afford to pick tackling machines in their side as you know that Slater, Smith, Inglis, Cronk, Thurston and Hodges can create something from nothing. You think Pearce offers much in attack? You think Stewart offers as much as a Slater or an Inglis?

Quote:
How hard it is to comprehend: club performance into Origin performance into Country. Is it that fuckiní hard to grasp, you nitwit?
Origin is the pinnicle. How hard is that for you to grasp? Your club performances feed into Origin selection. Thats what you work hard for, thats why you put the effort in. If playing for your country is so important why do we have Kiwis changing allegances to play for Queensland and NSW? because international rugby league means fuck all. Until New Zealand and England can lift their game then international football will remain poor.

Quote:
Year after year, NSW eligible players jump straight from club to country, while seasoned QLD Origin players continue to get overlooked. Iím just levelling it out. As for some kind of Gallen vs. Parker argument that you are trying to commit me to, show me where I said Parkerís the better player. You wonít find it.
You said Gallen's numbers don't compare to Parker's. You have posted in this thread with your justification for players abilty being stats. Its a logical assumption then when you say no one's numbers can be compared to parker's that you consider him a better player.

Dallas Johnson over Gallen, are you on crack? You claim to have no queensland bias? are you fucking kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyebrowmorroco View Post
Ja ja

Here's what's wrong with uninformed RL fans,

Stats available for Origin 1:

Ashton Sims - 22.6 tackles, 1.3 mistackles, 101.6 metres
Tariq Sims - 17.5 tackles, 2.8 mistackles, 79.7 metres, the same amount of line breaks as his fleet footed brother - 0

There's a push for Tariq to debut? What a joke.
you're not comparing them? really? well what the fuck are you doing then, having a cup of tea and biscuits?
__________________

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios