NHL: DRAFT! and GMing 101 all day. - Page 66 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #651 (permalink)
JM
#Realtalk

 
JM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,656
JM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inductee
Default Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Skill means nothing if you don't know how to apply it into a team game. Applying your skills into a team game is a big part of being the best player in the world.

Crosby's stats will forever be less than what they could be as he plays within a team first concept.

EDIT: Basically what Mystery said.
__________________
#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
JM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #652 (permalink)
Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27,697
-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Skill means nothing if you don't know how to apply it into a team game. Applying your skills into a team game is a big part of being the best player in the world.
Exactly.

Skill only counts for something in sports like golf and tennis.

Ovechkin is great though, top 5 in the league for sure.
__________________
-Mystery- is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #653 (permalink)
#24
 
Kobe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,855
Kobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whore
Default Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mystery- View Post
Crosby could have 40+ goals every season, but he doesn't play with a me first mentality.

There is no argument that can be made that Ovechkin is a better player than Crosby.
there is no saying what he could do with a me first mentality. How is that working for Ovie right now? All me know is that he can setup his teammates great and sets himself for goals.

Fine, I'll wait until another year when Ovie has a better year than Crosby, it will happen too, and then wait until everyone jumps back onto the bandwagon. Shit like this happens way too much in sports it annoys me, I'm not going to go by who is having a better year and change my opinion every year, or month in some cases, I'll go from what I've seen career wise. Hell, if Capitals beat the Pens in the playoffs I'm sure that will probably shift the argument towards Ovie again.
__________________


5 Days



Count On Kobe

Credit to DivineDub
Kobe. is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #654 (permalink)
JM
#Realtalk

 
JM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,656
JM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inductee
Default Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Basing everything off stats is stupid. You said it yourself. Crosby is better and will be for eternity or until Ovechkin learns how to play a team game.
__________________
#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
JM is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #655 (permalink)
#24
 
Kobe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,855
Kobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whore
Default Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

You guys brought up stats, you guys are clearly basing your argument off stats, so my argument still stands.
__________________


5 Days



Count On Kobe

Credit to DivineDub
Kobe. is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #656 (permalink)
The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball
 
Duplicitous Dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,149
Duplicitous Dub has made a name for themselvesDuplicitous Dub has made a name for themselvesDuplicitous Dub has made a name for themselvesDuplicitous Dub has made a name for themselvesDuplicitous Dub has made a name for themselvesDuplicitous Dub has made a name for themselvesDuplicitous Dub has made a name for themselvesDuplicitous Dub has made a name for themselvesDuplicitous Dub has made a name for themselvesDuplicitous Dub has made a name for themselvesDuplicitous Dub has made a name for themselves
Default Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Kings baby! Good game against St Louis.
__________________
Duplicitous Dub is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #657 (permalink)
JM
#Realtalk

 
JM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,656
JM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inductee
Default Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDeFeatedKing View Post
You guys brought up stats, you guys are clearly basing your argument off stats, so my argument still stands.
What? No. Crosby is better because he actually uses his skill and talent to excel at a team game, which hockey is.

What is your argument exactly? From what I got from it you're conceding that Crosby is better right now but Ovie will be again once he's leading the league in scoring again. I said Ovie won't be until he learns how to play a team game. I at no point have used stats in my argument.

I really have no idea why you keep bringing up more skilled. What exactly do you mean by that? Are you saying he can put on a better deak while using two sticks and balancing a jug on his head? There are a boat load of players in the NHL with more talent than they know what to do with, unfortunately there's way more to it than that. All that skill needs to be used to excel at a team game or it's essentially useless.
__________________
#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
JM is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #658 (permalink)
Know Your Worth
 
Alim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,724
Alim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whore
Default Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Hell, the Sedins need to catch the SECOND leading scorer on the Leafs before they can think about catching PHIL.
You are an idiot if you think Kessel is going to get more points than either Sedin
__________________
THERE IS ONLY ONE DIAMOND IN THE BUSINESS AND HIS NAME IS TITUS O'NEIL

Alim is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #659 (permalink)
#24
 
Kobe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,855
Kobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whoreKobe. is a rep whore
Default Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Lupul will get more points than all of them just to make us Duck fans feel even more worse than we do now.
__________________


5 Days



Count On Kobe

Credit to DivineDub
Kobe. is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 12:20 AM   #660 (permalink)
JM
#Realtalk

 
JM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,656
JM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inducteeJM is a HOF inductee
Default Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alim View Post
You are an idiot if you think Kessel is going to get more points than either Sedin
HATER.

I assumed the sarcasm was more than obvious. He has held the scoring lead longer than anyone would have thought he would and that much you must admit.

ps. PHIL
__________________
#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
JM is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios