NHL: DRAFT! and GMing 101 all day. - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 4238 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

I've actually been surprised at how many sports outlets (writers on NHL.com, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated) have picked the Pens to win. I mean they're good yes, but there's a lot of question marks around Staal, Crosby, and Malkin.

-Mystery- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 4238 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Malkamania
 
Stad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Posts: 7,646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mystery- View Post
I've actually been surprised at how many sports outlets (writers on NHL.com, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated) have picked the Pens to win. I mean they're good yes, but there's a lot of question marks around Staal, Crosby, and Malkin.
Probably stems back to last year when they played the 2nd half of the season without either of them and came a point away from winning the Atlantic.

Malkin's knee is finally 100% and has looked dominant in the preseason, and Neal finally has a full training camp under his belt. Solid defense as well.

Add Crosby to that lineup and it is solid from top to bottom, should be a good year if the injury bug stays away.

Stad is online now  
post #23 of 4238 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:03 PM
#Realtalk
 
Barefoot J(ohn) M(cClane) Saves Xmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Idk, I think theyll win the division unless van riemsdyk has a massive breakout year in philly. I see Philly crumbling under the pressure tbh. Boston is good but I dont think they're as good as they seemed last year. Thomas was super human, can't expect that again. Caps/pens in the ECF in my opinion, which will be epic.

Anyone else intrigued by the Blues this year?

#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
Barefoot J(ohn) M(cClane) Saves Xmas is offline  
post #24 of 4238 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Malkamania
 
Stad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Posts: 7,646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Idk, I think theyll win the division unless van riemsdyk has a massive breakout year in philly. I see Philly crumbling under the pressure tbh. Boston is good but I dont think they're as good as they seemed last year. Thomas was super human, can't expect that again. Caps/pens in the ECF in my opinion, which will be epic.

Anyone else intrigued by the Blues this year?
I have Blues making the playoffs. Halak needs to have a bounce back year though and play like he did with Montreal, he was terrible last year.

Perron should be back sometime soon as well.

Stad is online now  
post #25 of 4238 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:16 PM
#Realtalk
 
Barefoot J(ohn) M(cClane) Saves Xmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

I can see them as high as 5th. I like their team.

#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
Barefoot J(ohn) M(cClane) Saves Xmas is offline  
post #26 of 4238 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadw0n306 View Post
Probably stems back to last year when they played the 2nd half of the season without either of them and came a point away from winning the Atlantic.

Malkin's knee is finally 100% and has looked dominant in the preseason, and Neal finally has a full training camp under his belt. Solid defense as well.

Add Crosby to that lineup and it is solid from top to bottom, should be a good year if the injury bug stays away.
Yeah, I mean the team is good. I'm just shocked with how many people are picking us to win. As I said, there's a lot of question marks surrounding our 3 best offensive players. Staal disappeared last year during the playoffs and is he ready to step up and be the number 2 guy until Crosby returns? Malkin looks more determined than ever to tear apart the league, but can he stay healthy? And Crosby will return eventually, but just how effective will he be?

-Mystery- is offline  
post #27 of 4238 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Perfect Poster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Wings ftw. Would be nice for them to get one more before Lidstrom finally hangs them up for good.



Perfect Poster is offline  
post #28 of 4238 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM
The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball
 
Duplicitous Dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Been wanting to get back into hockey after a very long hiatus. Gotta root for my Canucks, Kings, Ducks, and Wings!


MVP
Duplicitous Dub is offline  
post #29 of 4238 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Winter is Coming
 
UnDeFeatedSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,547
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
                     
Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

DubC don't tell me you're the Canadian(username) of this thread.

They called him the Lion of Lannister to his face...

...and whispered "Kingslayer" behind his back



The One True God CHANPviaDQ
UnDeFeatedSanta is offline  
post #30 of 4238 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Know Your Worth
 
Alim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
                     
Re: NHL thread. 2011-12 season.

Well well well.. look what time it is. It's time for another season of hockey and another season of Alim trolling the annual WF NHL thread.

THERE IS ONLY ONE DIAMOND IN THE BUSINESS AND HIS NAME IS TITUS O'NEIL

Alim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome