NHL: DRAFT! and GMing 101 all day. - Page 184 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #1831 (permalink)
Count On Kobe
 
Ranch Dressing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bleed Purple and Gold
Posts: 18,505
Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000Ranch Dressing 31501 - 50000
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Is Pronger coming back next year?
Ranch Dressing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #1832 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 146
Maveo 0 - 49
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

With or without Pronger they will be a great defensive team. They allowed a lot of goals but will lock down with the crop of guys they have, Pronger with Schenn/Weber will be deadly if he comes back healthy.
__________________
<center><a href=http://media.sportspressnw.com.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Richard-Sherman-49ers-590x389.jpg target=_blank>http://media.sportspressnw.com.s3.am...rs-590x389.jpg</a></center>
Maveo is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #1833 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 652
ogorodnikov 50 - 100
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
Is Pronger coming back next year?
highly unlikely.
ogorodnikov is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #1834 (permalink)
Rated R Superstar
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 14,106
Rockstar 31501 - 50000Rockstar 31501 - 50000Rockstar 31501 - 50000Rockstar 31501 - 50000Rockstar 31501 - 50000Rockstar 31501 - 50000Rockstar 31501 - 50000Rockstar 31501 - 50000Rockstar 31501 - 50000Rockstar 31501 - 50000Rockstar 31501 - 50000
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogorodnikov View Post
Nashville isn't going to match the offer just to trade him in one year and pay him 26 million for one fucking year. that's fucking retarded.
Agreed.

Weber's contract offer is VERY front loaded, HUGE money goes out in the first couple of years. There is no way Nashville pays him that if they aren't planning on keeping him for a long time.
__________________

Sig Credit: CHAMPviaDQ
Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #1835 (permalink)
Backyard Wrestling
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Jersey
Posts: 398
X-Spot 1001 - 1500X-Spot 1001 - 1500X-Spot 1001 - 1500X-Spot 1001 - 1500X-Spot 1001 - 1500X-Spot 1001 - 1500X-Spot 1001 - 1500X-Spot 1001 - 1500X-Spot 1001 - 1500
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
Is Pronger coming back next year?
Chances are very slim, but he is helping the Flyers as a scout as he works through his post-concussion syndrome.
__________________

GREAT SEASON BOYS, CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR.
X-Spot is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #1836 (permalink)
Know Your Worth
 
Alim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,725
Alim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whore
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogorodnikov View Post
Nashville isn't going to match the offer just to trade him in one year and pay him 26 million for one fucking year. that's fucking retarded.
It's not retarded, it's called managing assets.

Yeah, it's a huge blow for Nashville to dish out 26M for one year of Weber, but how the hell are you going to explain to your fans that you lost the two best players in franchise history within 3 weeks?

Not only that, but like I stated before; A signed Weber is arguably the most valuable player in the league. He is the best dman in the world; a perennial Norris candidate that does everything and is a leader.

He does not have a no trade clause in his deal so he would be available for all 29 other teams. And all 29 other teams would be lining up for his services, making huge offers.

26M is a tough pill to swallow and is a lot of money to us, but are we forgetting that the owners of these teams are millionaires? They want to make money long-term don't they? 26M is an investment that can turn into more money a few years down the road.

Four low first round picks is not nearly enough compensation for a player like Weber. If they held onto him for one year, they would be able to get any prospect, more (better) draft picks, and almost any player in the league.

Weber would get a king's ransom in a trade and since 26M of his 110M deal is already paid in his first year, his value goes up even more.

Fucking retarded my ass
__________________
THERE IS ONLY ONE DIAMOND IN THE BUSINESS AND HIS NAME IS TITUS O'NEIL


Last edited by Alim : 07-20-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Alim is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #1837 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 652
ogorodnikov 50 - 100
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alim View Post
It's not retarded, it's called managing assets.
no, it's not. it's retarded. Nashville makes 24 million in ticket sales. they'd have to pay Weber 26 million for one year. the amount of money wrapped up into Weber and Rinne if they matched is staggering.

Quote:
Yeah, it's a huge blow for Nashville to dish out 26M for one year of Weber, but how the hell are you going to explain to your fans that you lost the two best players in franchise history within 3 weeks?
because Suter wanted to play in Minnesota for less money. that's one thing explained. Weber is going to get too much money for a market like Nashville, that's another one. there are also ways to sell the fact that you still plan on being contenders, like trading back some of the picks to Philly for an RFA like Voracek or Meszaros or something. fans at first might like the idea of having Weber locked up, but in the long run it's not going to work at all.

Quote:
He does not have a no trade clause in his deal so he would be available for all 29 other teams. And all 29 other teams would be lining up for his services, making huge offers.
clauses in offer sheets don't carry over, by the way.

Quote:
26M is a tough pill to swallow and is a lot of money to us, but are we forgetting that the owners of these teams are millionaires? They want to make money long-term don't they? 26M is an investment that can turn into more money a few years down the road.
26 million, followed by 26 million, followed by 26 million, followed by 26 million. the way the contract is structured is too much for Nashville to handle. it's different because Philadelphia could pay 110 million tomorrow if they wanted to, Nashville can't. not to mention the fact that they have a fucking assload of free agents to sign after next year. it's just not worth it.

he's either a Flyer for life (more than likely) or a Predator for life. Nashville's not going to pay 26 million for 1 year of Weber for the intent of trading him. that's a LOT for them. that is, again, fucking retarded.
ogorodnikov is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #1838 (permalink)
Know Your Worth
 
Alim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,725
Alim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whore
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogorodnikov View Post
no, it's not. it's retarded. Nashville makes 24 million in ticket sales. they'd have to pay Weber 26 million for one year. the amount of money wrapped up into Weber and Rinne if they matched is staggering.
This is a moot point because Nashville is still 15M under the cap floor with pretty much everyone signed minus Weber. They are still going to have to spend no matter what and they will most likely lose money either way. But with Weber on the team ticket sales won't decrease as much as they would without him.

Quote:
because Suter wanted to play in Minnesota for less money. that's one thing explained. Weber is going to get too much money for a market like Nashville, that's another one. there are also ways to sell the fact that you still plan on being contenders, like trading back some of the picks to Philly for an RFA like Voracek or Meszaros or something. fans at first might like the idea of having Weber locked up, but in the long run it's not going to work at all.
Nashville first offered Suter a deal for around 90M. When he signed with Minny, Poile later stated that he did not have the opportunity to match Minny's offer. Suter clearly wanted out as not only did he not sign with the Preds, he left for more money too.

Guys like Voracek and Meszaros won't make you contenders. The Preds didn't have trouble scoring goals last year seeing as how their PP was #1 in the league and Meszaros is just another top 4 dman that Nashville already has an abundance of.

Quote:
clauses in offer sheets don't carry over, by the way.
Where did I say they did?

Quote:
26 million, followed by 26 million, followed by 26 million, followed by 26 million. the way the contract is structured is too much for Nashville to handle. it's different because Philadelphia could pay 110 million tomorrow if they wanted to, Nashville can't. not to mention the fact that they have a fucking assload of free agents to sign after next year. it's just not worth it.

he's either a Flyer for life (more than likely) or a Predator for life. Nashville's not going to pay 26 million for 1 year of Weber for the intent of trading him. that's a LOT for them. that is, again, fucking retarded.
Another moot point because I suggested that they trade Weber after a year (when he is eligible for trade), not after three or four.
__________________
THERE IS ONLY ONE DIAMOND IN THE BUSINESS AND HIS NAME IS TITUS O'NEIL

Alim is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #1839 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 652
ogorodnikov 50 - 100
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

[quote=Alim;11768560]

Quote:
But with Weber on the team ticket sales won't decrease as much as they would without him.
they make less in ticket sales than the potential ONE year of Weber. if they don't have Weber, they might lose ticket sales but at least they won't be spending a fucking assload of fucking money for one year of a player that probably doesn't want to be there.

Quote:
Nashville first offered Suter a deal for around 90M. When he signed with Minny, Poile later stated that he did not have the opportunity to match Minny's offer. Suter clearly wanted out as not only did he not sign with the Preds, he left for more money too.
okay? what's your point? there's your explanation for Suter leaving. he wanted out. what the fuck is Poile going to do about that? you don't think the fans have already accepted him leaving? there are valid reasons as to why both of their defensemen could potentially be leaving. it still won't be as much of a blow as them matching the offer sheet and paying Weber 26 million for one year. it's funny how you hilariously dismiss 26 million dollars in a year for Nashville because "we're forgetting these owners are millionaires." it could potentially cripple the franchise you fucking moron.

Quote:
Guys like Voracek and Meszaros won't make you contenders.
i said SELL the fact that they still WANT to be contenders. i didn't say Voracek and Meszaros make you contenders. 2 late firsts for those 2 players are a good deal for Nashville which could be agreed upon between Poile and Holmgren. learn to read.

Quote:
Another moot point because I suggested that they trade Weber after a year (when he is eligible for trade), not after three or four.
so do you actually have an answer for how Nashville would pay him 26 million for one year of his services yet? or are you going to keep beating around the bush like a complete and total numbskull?

you are literally the only person i've seen on the internet right now that's adamant about Nashville trading him after one year. that's one of the last things they want to do.
ogorodnikov is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #1840 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 652
ogorodnikov 50 - 100
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

say Alim, you really should check out hfboards.com. you'd fit in well there. i mean, who knew it would be so easy to deal with this Weber offer sheet? even Poile isn't as smart as you. they'd appreciate your infinite wisdom.

it's just that simple, just easily pay off the 26 million (because they're all millionaires, don't forget), trade him for prospects that might not work out and some picks and a few roster players and everything's fine! holy fuck, who knew?
ogorodnikov is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios