NHL: DRAFT! and GMing 101 all day. - Page 171 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #1701 (permalink)
Is Bertstarin you
 
ItsWhatIdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 5,830
ItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselves
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Spot View Post
I've only recently start going there last year, and don't go often, but it is a rumor site. They might have heard of the Caps and Nashville talking about trades with his name being mentioned and put it up there, same with this Staal thing and also have seen he might get traded to the Hurricanes (from prohockeytalk.com and sbnation.com) so I think there is some truth to the pens looking to trade Staal to try and get some help on defense. Plus, with the cap they have tied up in Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, and Fleury, how much money do they really have for him, so moving Staal who would become an UFA next offseason, to get something for him now instead of nothing if he left in Free Agency would be the smart move.
At the time, OV was a 65 goal scorer. No way at all his name was even mentioned.

Look up Eklund, and you'll understand more. It really is a laughing stock of the NHL community. Just trying to save you some time.

Follow Bob Mackenzie and Darren Dreger. They aren't perfect, but more credible.

I do believe The Pens might shop Staal.
__________________
ItsWhatIdo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #1702 (permalink)
YES! YES! YES!
 
will94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 10,216
will94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whore
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Dammit Kings, you are killing me here! Really hope we seal the deal on Monday at home.
__________________
will94 is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #1703 (permalink)
Know Your Worth
 
Alim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,724
Alim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whore
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWhatIdo View Post
Wow! U mad bro?



But just because you took the time;
Olaf Kolzig- Vezina Winner, .927 save percentage in playoffs, and one historic playoff performance in route to Stanley Cup (.94 save %)
Luongo- Multiple 7 goal allowed performances

HoF... LOL
Oh look, what a typical ItsWhatIDo response. You got your ass owned by someone much smarter, didn't know what to do, so you posted some shitty 4chan picture. Try again son.

Olaf Kolzig? Lmao. The same goalie who had one good year in his entire career? Try putting together 11 straight seasons of .913% or higher. Or maybe 7 straight seasons of 30+ wins. Or maybe being nominated for the league MVP. Maybe even winning a gold medal? Having 330+ wins at the age of 33?

Luongo is on pace to be a Hall of Fame goalie. Olaf Kolzig... lmfao

Historic playoff performance? Getting swept in the finals is historic now?



But hey man, you're welcome to respond to this post and embarrass yourself again. I love owning you every single time. Makes for a good laugh.
__________________
THERE IS ONLY ONE DIAMOND IN THE BUSINESS AND HIS NAME IS TITUS O'NEIL

Alim is online now  
Old 06-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #1704 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
legendmaker2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,789
legendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new herelegendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new herelegendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new herelegendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new herelegendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new herelegendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new herelegendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new herelegendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new herelegendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new herelegendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new herelegendmaker2 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alim View Post
Oh look, what a typical ItsWhatIDo response. You got your ass owned by someone much smarter, didn't know what to do, so you posted some shitty 4chan picture. Try again son.

Olaf Kolzig? Lmao. The same goalie who had one good year in his entire career? Try putting together 11 straight seasons of .913% or higher. Or maybe 7 straight seasons of 30+ wins. Or maybe being nominated for the league MVP. Maybe even winning a gold medal? Having 330+ wins at the age of 33?

Luongo is on pace to be a Hall of Fame goalie. Olaf Kolzig... lmfao

Historic playoff performance? Getting swept in the finals is historic now?



But hey man, you're welcome to respond to this post and embarrass yourself again. I love owning you every single time. Makes for a good laugh.
tbf lou chokes in the playoffs at first i thought it was cause of florida now i realise hes not clutch as he should be, scheinder will be the starting goalie next season for vancouver.

btw now do you believe in the devils 2 more wins baby and we are stanley cup champs cmon lets go devils
__________________
legendmaker2 is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #1705 (permalink)
Is Bertstarin you
 
ItsWhatIdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 5,830
ItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselves
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alim View Post
Oh look, what a typical ItsWhatIDo response. You got your ass owned by someone much smarter, didn't know what to do, so you posted some shitty 4chan picture. Try again son.

Olaf Kolzig? Lmao. The same goalie who had one good year in his entire career? Try putting together 11 straight seasons of .913% or higher. Or maybe 7 straight seasons of 30+ wins. Or maybe being nominated for the league MVP. Maybe even winning a gold medal? Having 330+ wins at the age of 33?

Luongo is on pace to be a Hall of Fame goalie. Olaf Kolzig... lmfao

Historic playoff performance? Getting swept in the finals is historic now?



But hey man, you're welcome to respond to this post and embarrass yourself again. I love owning you every single time. Makes for a good laugh.


Kolzig and Carey both had Vezinas. Luongo has zero.

Kolzig has a .927 save % in the playoffs to Luongo's .917. And Lol at downplaying his performance in that playoffs. That Caps team was mediocre, that's why they got swept. He didn't get shelled in half the games like Luongo's final performance.

And you make fun of the Caps second round exit this year, when the Canucks left in the first.

At least I can admit the Caps are a joke of a franchise. Guess what, so are the Canucks.
__________________

Last edited by ItsWhatIdo : 06-10-2012 at 02:23 PM.
ItsWhatIdo is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #1706 (permalink)
I Fear No Evil, Evil F***ing Fears Me
 
William Murderface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Corona California
Posts: 13,495
William Murderface is a rep whoreWilliam Murderface is a rep whoreWilliam Murderface is a rep whoreWilliam Murderface is a rep whoreWilliam Murderface is a rep whoreWilliam Murderface is a rep whoreWilliam Murderface is a rep whoreWilliam Murderface is a rep whoreWilliam Murderface is a rep whoreWilliam Murderface is a rep whoreWilliam Murderface is a rep whore
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Those damn Devils are giving me hope that they might pull this comeback out of there ass, im still convinced that the Kings will win the Cup on Monday or Game 7, i feel they are destined unfortunately.
__________________
Ducks - Angels - Sacramento Kings - Buccaneers
William Murderface is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #1707 (permalink)
Know Your Worth
 
Alim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,724
Alim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whore
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendmaker2 View Post
hes not clutch as he should be


Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWhatIdo View Post


Kolzig and Carey both had Vezinas. Luongo has zero.
So just because you have Vezina that makes you better? Jim Carey > Henrik Lundqvist? (He will probably win it this year but at this point he doesn't have one) Olaf Kolzig > Mike Vernon?

Quote:
Kolzig has a .927 save % in the playoffs to Luongo's .917. And Lol at downplaying his performance in that playoffs. That Caps team was mediocre, that's why they got swept. He didn't get shelled in half the games like Luongo's final performance.
Kolzig has played in 45 playoff games as opposed to Luongo's 61. Smaller sample size. Also if you actually watched any other post season games last year (you probably didn't after your team got it's ass handed to them in 4 games to Tampa Bay in round 2), Luongo was the only reason why the Canucks even made it to the finals. He was good in round 1 (great first 3 games, next 2 were bad, made up for it by standing on his head in game 7), amazing in round 2, held the fort down in round 3, and won us 3 games in round 4.

He was our Conn Smythe candidate throughout the playoffs. No questions asked.

Quote:
And you make fun of the Caps second round exit this year, when the Canucks left in the first.
And where were the Caps last year? Oh yeah, getting swept. Vancouver lost to arguably the most dominant post season team in post-lockout history. They didn't have their best player for the first 3 games and when he came back in game 4, the team started playing much better but by then it was too late.

Quote:
At least I can admit the Caps are a joke of a franchise. Guess what, so are the Canucks.
You are a disgrace to hockey fans. You "support" a team yet you call them a joke. If you think the Caps are a joke, why do you cheer for them?
__________________
THERE IS ONLY ONE DIAMOND IN THE BUSINESS AND HIS NAME IS TITUS O'NEIL

Alim is online now  
Old 06-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #1708 (permalink)
Is Bertstarin you
 
ItsWhatIdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 5,830
ItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselvesItsWhatIdo has made a name for themselves
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alim View Post
Yes the guy who nearly blew the game with his poor rebound control. That Canada team was hockey's version of the dream team. But news flash, it's called the NHL HoF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alim View Post
So just because you have Vezina that makes you better? Jim Carey > Henrik Lundqvist? (He will probably win it this year but at this point he doesn't have one) Olaf Kolzig > Mike Vernon?
Carey was a joke, but at least at one point in there career they were top at their position. Luongo never has been, and probably never will. Hence him being traded this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alim View Post
Kolzig has played in 45 playoff games as opposed to Luongo's 61. Smaller sample size. Also if you actually watched any other post season games last year (you probably didn't after your team got it's ass handed to them in 4 games to Tampa Bay in round 2), Luongo was the only reason why the Canucks even made it to the finals. He was good in round 1 (great first 3 games, next 2 were bad, made up for it by standing on his head in game 7), amazing in round 2, held the fort down in round 3, and won us 3 games in round 4.

He was our Conn Smythe candidate throughout the playoffs. No questions asked.
That isn't a lot of difference in games for such a huge discrepancy. How many times has swiss cheese allowed 7 goals in a playoff game? Conn Smythe? His performance was still worse than Kolzig's 98 run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alim View Post
And where were the Caps last year? Oh yeah, getting swept. Vancouver lost to arguably the most dominant post season team in post-lockout history. They didn't have their best player for the first 3 games and when he came back in game 4, the team started playing much better but by then it was too late.
Strong playing better, they lost the next game. Losing in 4 or 5 is often the difference of a bounce. How many times have the Canucks lost in the first round?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alim View Post
You are a disgrace to hockey fans. You "support" a team yet you call them a joke. If you think the Caps are a joke, why do you cheer for them?
Because I like hockey, and I am not a huge homer? I realize they choke every year just like Luongo/Canucks.

But you're right, Luongo with his zero cup wins is HoF. That's why he is being traded.
__________________
ItsWhatIdo is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #1709 (permalink)
Know Your Worth
 
Alim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,724
Alim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whore
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWhatIdo View Post
Yes the guy who nearly blew the game with his poor rebound control. That Canada team was hockey's version of the dream team. But news flash, it's called the NHL HoF.
If that team was so good and they would have had no troubles winning with anyone in net, why did Brodeur, a first ballot Hall of Famer and one of the greatest ever, get benched in favour of Roberto? Oh yeah, that's right, because Luongo took the starting job with his amazing play. If Roberto isn't in net Team Canada doesn't win the Gold. Brodeur was getting outplayed and MA Fleury was sitting in the pressbox.


Quote:
Carey was a joke, but at least at one point in there career they were top at their position. Luongo never has been, and probably never will. Hence him being traded this off-season.
I don't know about you, but most people who have a functioning brain would rather have a goalie who has consistently been a top 5 goalie for over a decade over a guy that has literally had one good year in his entire career.


Quote:
That isn't a lot of difference in games for such a huge discrepancy. How many times has swiss cheese allowed 7 goals in a playoff game? Conn Smythe? His performance was still worse than Kolzig's 98 run.
Luongo let in 5 or more goals 4 times in 2011 playoffs. As opposed to Thomas who let in 5 or more goals 3 times. Thomas won the Conn Smythe last year. Deny it all you want, but Lou was a legitimate contender for the Conn Smythe last year.

Quote:
Strong playing better, they lost the next game. Losing in 4 or 5 is often the difference of a bounce. How many times have the Canucks lost in the first round?
They won game 4 and outplayed LA in game 5 and lost in OT. Way to keep up with the rest of the league.

How many times have the Canucks lost in the first round? This year was the first time since 2002.


Quote:
Because I like hockey, and I am not a huge homer? I realize they choke every year just like Luongo/Canucks.
You're not a homer, yet 95% of the posts you make in this thread are regarding the Caps.

The Canucks choke every year? You can't choke unless you are a contender for the Cup to begin with. The last 3 seasons are one of the only times in franchise history when the Nucks were a legitimate threat for the Cup.

2010 - Lost in second round to eventual Cup Champions (looking back, no one was losing to Chicago that year. Chicago was a higher seed as well)
2011 - Game 7 of SCF
2012 - Bounced in first round (Yeah we choked here, but LA was a lot better than the 8th seed, underachieved all season)

Quote:
But you're right, Luongo with his zero cup wins is HoF. That's why he is being traded.
300+ wins
11 straight seasons of .913% SVP or higher
7 straight 30 win seasons
4 time Vezina finalist
Team Captain (First goalie in 60 years to be team captain)
Hart Trophy Finalist
Lester B. Pearson finalist
Olympic Gold Medal
Stanley Cup run
2004 World Cup winner
World Championship gold
Career SVP of .919% (over 700 games played)

All at the age of 33. He's still got about 5-6 years of play left in him. He will for sure have 500 wins by the end of his career and he still has a few more years to add more hardware.
__________________
THERE IS ONLY ONE DIAMOND IN THE BUSINESS AND HIS NAME IS TITUS O'NEIL

Alim is online now  
Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 AM   #1710 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Joel Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: EVERY EVENING, I HAVE A BY MYSELF MEETING
Posts: 2,501
Joel Anthony needs to make some friendsJoel Anthony needs to make some friendsJoel Anthony needs to make some friendsJoel Anthony needs to make some friendsJoel Anthony needs to make some friendsJoel Anthony needs to make some friendsJoel Anthony needs to make some friendsJoel Anthony needs to make some friendsJoel Anthony needs to make some friendsJoel Anthony needs to make some friendsJoel Anthony needs to make some friends
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Good job Devils, making this Stanley Cup interesting now. Let's see if that Conference Trophy curse is for real.
__________________

Last edited by Joel Anthony : 06-11-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Joel Anthony is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios