Welcome to the 4th Annual NFL Playoff Survivor Game!
This will be open to everyone. I will try to keep a cumulative record for everyone, so if you've played before and changed your username, just me me know and i'll get them updated.
I will post the matchups and will take entries starting January 2 (?), and will stay open until the first game kicks off of the wildcard games.
2015-16 Results Thread
- Magic - (winner)
2014-15 Results Thread
- JM's Daddy (winner)
2013-14 Results Thread
- Allur (winner)
The rules are simple:
- As we head into a weekend of playoff football, you pick one team.
- If that team wins, you survive to the next weekend.
- If that team loses, you're out.
- Once you've picked a particular team, you cannot pick that team again in later weeks.
- For tie breaker purposes, you must also provide the total # of points that will be scored in the game you've selected. (if your first round pick is the Saints, you also provide your guess for the total # of points in the Saints' game against the 49ers. ie - Saints 24)
- Picks must be posted to this thread before kickoff of the first game of the weekend.
Each week's picks and results will be summarized at the top of this thread. In the event that we have multiple winners *or* everybody gets eliminated during the same weekend, the winner will be the person who guesses closest to the total # of points scored in their game. If no point guess is included with your pick, you will be assigned a guess of ZERO.
- Tie breakers (in the form of total # of points) will be used to determine the final order of finish where necessary.
- In case of a tiebreaker tie, the player who submits their pick first will have the edge.
- If both of the teams who make it to the Super Bowl have already been picked by a particular player, that player will be eliminated due them being "shut out" of the Super Bowl. That player's order of finish will be ahead of all of those eliminated during the Conference Finals, but behind those eliminated during the Super Bowl.
- A player may change their picks at any time prior to kickoff of the first game, but may only do so by posting a new message to this thread. Posts that contain a "Last edited by:" timestamp will be ignored.
Special Superbowl pick information:
- Once we get to the Superbowl picking, I will go ahead and post each players' respective Superbowl picks. (Each player will either only have one remaining pick, or will already be "shut out".)
- If more than one player has the same team, please PM your total points pick to me. This denies anyone an unfair advantage. If you are the only player to have one of the teams, you do NOT need to submit a guess for total points.
- Once all of the guesses have been made for a particular Super Bowl finalist, I will post them to the thread. If your guess is the same as someone who has already guessed, I will flip a coin to either add or subtract one (or more) point(s) to/from your guess as necessary to ensure your pick is unique. Once all of the guesses for a particular team have been made and published, you will NOT be able to change it.
Wild Card Playoffs
Saturday, Jan. 7
Oakland 14 Houston 27
Detroit 6 Seattle 26
Sunday, Jan. 8
Miami 12 Pittsburgh 30
NY Giants 13 Green Bay 38
New England 34,
Green Bay 34,
Kansas City 16
Sunday, January 22
3:05pm NFC Championship - Green Bay (12-6) at Atlanta (12-5) (FOX)
6:40pm AFC Championship - Pittsburgh (13-5) at New England (15-2) (CBS)
Super Bowl LI: