MMA Discussion Thread - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 2276 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Turn Out The Lights
 
XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: It's a ruse
Posts: 18,419
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
                     
Re: MMA Discussion Thread

^^^ He was fighting Ellenberger at this event until he pulled out with injury. Wasn't so much Saffedine agreeing to fight Lim as being forced to fight anyone to keep his spot in the main event here. Rory Mac is fighting Maia, Condit has Woodley, Kampmann has no one but he's lost 2 in a row, i'd like them to try Ellenberger/Saffedine again.


XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 2276 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Pappa Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
           
Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
^^^ He was fighting Ellenberger at this event until he pulled out with injury. Wasn't so much Saffedine agreeing to fight Lim as being forced to fight anyone to keep his spot in the main event here. Rory Mac is fighting Maia, Condit has Woodley, Kampmann has no one but he's lost 2 in a row, i'd like them to try Ellenberger/Saffedine again.
True that, then yeah definitely try and re schedule Ellenberger vs Saffedine


Last edited by Pappa Bacon; 01-04-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Pappa Bacon is offline  
post #63 of 2276 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Stand Up for the Boy in Green
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: dirty old town, dirty old town
Posts: 3,757
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: MMA Discussion Thread

I know who won the ME but without too many spoilers was the rest of the card any good? gonna try catch the repeat later

Hollywood Hanoi is offline  
post #64 of 2276 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Pappa Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
           
Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Picks for the next UFN

Pappa Bacon is offline  
post #65 of 2276 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Pappa Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
           
Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hanoi View Post
I know who won the ME but without too many spoilers was the rest of the card any good? gonna try catch the repeat later
there was some decent action, Hollaway vs Cope was a decent scrap. Kawajiri had his hands full early but turned into a typical crusher fight. bad debut by someone losing with a 12/6 elbow to the back of the head. over all it was a good/decent card.

Pappa Bacon is offline  
post #66 of 2276 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 03:06 PM
The Man of 1004 Usernames
 
BORK LASER'S XMAS SURPRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Is the show up on Youtube/Dailymotion yet?
BORK LASER'S XMAS SURPRISE is offline  
post #67 of 2276 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 04:47 AM
You're the scum of the Earth
 
Under the Mistletoe w/ Paige's Supple Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
Posts: 15,386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
                     
Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Watching Saffiedine/Lim at the moment (I don't think I'm going to go through the rest of the card). Gonna jot down notes then post my thoughts after it's over into one coherent post:

Saffiedine looked MUCH more composed as opposed to Lim, who appears to be trying to throw home run punches every time. Lim was very flat-footed, while Saffeidine was much more agile. Lim's biggest issue that I've seen, aside from letting his leg get raped, is just getting overly excited and throwing too many wild blows. There were several times in the fight where he got tagged and started flailing and hoping to connect with something. Meanwhile, Saffiedine looked more patient as he picked apart Lim, little by little. He was throwing smart punches, and stronger ones when he saw the opening. Saffeidine's leg kicks were left mostly undefended, aside from the takedown or two Lim got early by catching them (which he proceeded to do nothing with). As we obviously saw, Lim not doing anything about those kicks proved to be fatal, and what did him in. He buckled several times in the 3rd because of the kicks Saffiedine was throwing, and couldn't even move in the 4th. I was disappointed to not see Saffiedine try and finish the fight in the 4th, which he probably could've done fairly easily, after those kicks, the knee to the body, and the flying knee to the face (which was fucking great). He seemed content to wait out the rest of the fight, though. Lim's resurgence in the 4th was nice, but definitely too little too late. :/

So yeah, solid fight. Good performance by Saffiedine, and Lim showed tremendous courage to keep getting up, fighting back, and even taking the 4th (though Saffiedine was literally running away from him ).

-----

I don't know how much of Saffiedine you guys have seen, but does he just not care to finish fights? He could've finished this one multiple times, but didn't. I'm looking at his fight history right now, and 10 of his last 11 fights have gone come to a decision.


Under the Mistletoe w/ Paige's Supple Bum is offline  
post #68 of 2276 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Pappa Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLADIPO DA GOD View Post
Watching Saffiedine/Lim at the moment (I don't think I'm going to go through the rest of the card). Gonna jot down notes then post my thoughts after it's over into one coherent post:

Saffiedine looked MUCH more composed as opposed to Lim, who appears to be trying to throw home run punches every time. Lim was very flat-footed, while Saffeidine was much more agile. Lim's biggest issue that I've seen, aside from letting his leg get raped, is just getting overly excited and throwing too many wild blows. There were several times in the fight where he got tagged and started flailing and hoping to connect with something. Meanwhile, Saffiedine looked more patient as he picked apart Lim, little by little. He was throwing smart punches, and stronger ones when he saw the opening. Saffeidine's leg kicks were left mostly undefended, aside from the takedown or two Lim got early by catching them (which he proceeded to do nothing with). As we obviously saw, Lim not doing anything about those kicks proved to be fatal, and what did him in. He buckled several times in the 3rd because of the kicks Saffiedine was throwing, and couldn't even move in the 4th. I was disappointed to not see Saffiedine try and finish the fight in the 4th, which he probably could've done fairly easily, after those kicks, the knee to the body, and the flying knee to the face (which was fucking great). He seemed content to wait out the rest of the fight, though. Lim's resurgence in the 4th was nice, but definitely too little too late. :/

So yeah, solid fight. Good performance by Saffiedine, and Lim showed tremendous courage to keep getting up, fighting back, and even taking the 4th (though Saffiedine was literally running away from him ).

-----

I don't know how much of Saffiedine you guys have seen, but does he just not care to finish fights? He could've finished this one multiple times, but didn't. I'm looking at his fight history right now, and 10 of his last 11 fights have gone come to a decision.
Yeah watching him in Strikeforce he had no drive to finish. He would go up 2 rounds and then just avoid engaging during the final round. He Tore Nate Marquarts leg apart way worse then Lim and didn't finish him. He couldn't put Scott Smith away if I'm not mistaken. He just has no killer instinct. It's funny listening to Stann about it. How he could just posture up, start throwing and get the fight stopped, or just attack the leg. Tarac is good but he lacks the power and killer instinct to hang with the top of the division.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Pappa Bacon is offline  
post #69 of 2276 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 04:55 PM
HOWDY HO!
 
Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Toilet
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
UFC ‏@ufc 5 min
Bantamweight champ @TheDomin8r suffered groin injury & out of #UFC169. @RenanBaraoUFC is the official bantamweight champion. Guess who's in?
Quote:
UFC ‏@ufc 4 min
There you have it ladies and gentleman. Cruz is out of #UFC169 and @UrijahFaber is in for a shot at the title shot!
so there you have it. Cruz out, Faber in. Barao is also now the Undisputed Bantamweight champion.


Last edited by Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo; 01-06-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo is offline  
post #70 of 2276 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 05:06 PM
THESE THOTS AIN'T LOYAL
 
scrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chatbox
Posts: 15,367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Cruz should just retire damn.


#BELLA&HOOPLA
scrilla is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome