2013 - The Age of Orton returns? - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
APES ON HORSES!
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wherever whores go
Posts: 12,430
Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieorton View Post
I agree, orton has been irrelevant for his stupid actions (suspension) but let me tell you something in vince mcmahon´s eyes randy orton > cm punk, So I Expect randy to win once again the wwe championship next year and taking over raw, just like he did it in 2008, when he was booked to retains the wwe championship against cena and hhh at wrestlemania 24
Yeah, and in Vince McMahon's eyes, Randy Orton > John Cena too but who's the top guy in the company? Orton is Vince's fantasy crush, if he could get away with it, he would put Orton over EVERYONE but he can't because it'll drive a spike into business. Punk has overtaken Orton, and not just overtaken but overtaken to a level that can never be overturned. He's not getting the top heel spot until Punk retires, assuming he even does at that point and they don't turn Sheamus, Ryback, or turn to someone else. Forget it, he's midcard now. World Heavyweight midcard Champion, that's his level in 2012 after 9 failed attempts to make him John Cena 2.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolverSnake View Post
Holy shit, could it be that you're talking about ryback?
FEED ME OBVIOUSNESS.

Quote:
Being a nightmare didn't prevent Shawn Michaels from getting everything he wanted back in the 90s. If they were gonna push him, they should have gone the whole way with it. And I like how you have the ability to tell us about things that never happened/haven't happened. And he has enough charisma that people still pop for him after a year of doing absolutely nothing meaningful. THAT'S charisma, not how loud you talk on a microphone. And speaking of microphones, Orton delivered promos with plenty of energy and was always good at it back in 2004-2005 so it's just ignorant to claim he has no personality or mic skills just because he talks in a monotone in the last couple of years.
K, to start, Michaels is like 10 trillion times better than Orton, that's #1. #2, he had Vince wrapped around his finger than anyone EVER has, including Orton, or anyone else, that's #2. Also, WWE was VERY desperate back then, a lot more so than now and they didn't really have a choice but to put Michaels on top, that's #3.

The reason he gets pops after a year of doing nothing is because he's been built up so much. You think that's charisma? My god, he's beaten every single person imaginable a MILLION times, Vince has handed him more than anyone in the history of wrestling taken into account the level of star power he has, ie, not a MEGA star. You could take any random fucking guy on NXT, put him over Cena, Sheamus, Big Show, Orton, Ryback, etc, consistently for a year and I GUARANTEE he'll be over huge for life, regardless of talent, it's not rocket science.

Orton's promos have always been shit, this isn't about old, current, whatever. He can't talk. He isn't Ryback level bad to the point where you literally cannot hand him a microphone, but he's consistently been terrible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent on Xavier Woods' Gimmick
Man, talk about giving a guy nothing to work with. Imagine you've been called up to tv and they basically say to you "You're well educated. (which apparently because of your skin color means that this is an incredible thing.) We can't believe that someone with your skin color has the level of education that you have, so your gimmick is just gonna be that we put you on tv and brag that you went to school. Cause that's basically the gimmick that they gave him, how much more racist could his gimmick have been? Am I missing something here? What was the reason that the people were supposed to get behind him, other than the company just saying "phht, well, he's...in school".

Last edited by Tyrion Lannister : 11-17-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DEUTSCHLAND
Posts: 6,535
Patrick Bateman is getting a pushPatrick Bateman is getting a pushPatrick Bateman is getting a pushPatrick Bateman is getting a pushPatrick Bateman is getting a pushPatrick Bateman is getting a pushPatrick Bateman is getting a pushPatrick Bateman is getting a pushPatrick Bateman is getting a pushPatrick Bateman is getting a pushPatrick Bateman is getting a push
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

I feel stupid for it, but for a moment I really had no fucking clue.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 291
frankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Yeah, and in Vince McMahon's eyes, Randy Orton > John Cena too but who's the top guy in the company? Orton is Vince's fantasy crush, if he could get away with it, he would put Orton over EVERYONE but he can't because it'll drive a spike into business. Punk has overtaken Orton, and not just overtaken but overtaken to a level that can never be overturned. He's not getting the top heel spot until Punk retires, assuming he even does at that point and they don't turn Sheamus, Ryback, or turn to someone else. Forget it, he's midcard now. World Heavyweight midcard Champion, that's his level in 2012 after 9 failed attempts to make him John Cena 2.0.



FEED ME OBVIOUSNESS.

orton is like stone cold steve austin´s 2002, irrelevant and people still cheer for him, orton for me is bigger star than cm punk, when he was heel and even the people cheered for him, thats not happen with cm punk, people loves randy orton more than cm punk
frankieorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 291
frankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Being a nightmare didn't prevent Shawn Michaels from getting everything he wanted back in the 90s. If they were gonna push him, they should have gone the whole way with it. And I like how you have the ability to tell us about things that never happened/haven't happened. And he has enough charisma that people still pop for him after a year of doing absolutely nothing meaningful. THAT'S charisma, not how loud you talk on a microphone. And speaking of microphones, Orton delivered promos with plenty of energy and was always good at it back in 2004-2005 so it's just ignorant to claim he has no personality or mic skills just because he talks in a monotone in the last couple of years.


glad to see someone that thinks the same than me
frankieorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
APES ON HORSES!
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wherever whores go
Posts: 12,430
Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieorton View Post
orton is like stone cold steve austin´s 2002, irrelevant and people still cheer for him, orton for me is bigger star than cm punk, when he was heel and even the people cheered for him, thats not happen with cm punk, people loves randy orton more than cm punk
They're not SUPPOSED to cheer him, he's a HEEL. That's the whole point. If Punk gets cheered (which actually happens ALL the time, I don't know what you're on about), he'll go after the audience and turn them against him, like a real heel, like Chris Jericho did when he came back, Orton won't because he doesn't care enough to do the job he's meant to. He's not willing to get heat at all costs, which is what he should be doing.



And for the love of god, don't compare Orton to the greatest wrestler who ever lived. "Irrelevant" Austin was still a bigger draw than anyone besides Rock.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent on Xavier Woods' Gimmick
Man, talk about giving a guy nothing to work with. Imagine you've been called up to tv and they basically say to you "You're well educated. (which apparently because of your skin color means that this is an incredible thing.) We can't believe that someone with your skin color has the level of education that you have, so your gimmick is just gonna be that we put you on tv and brag that you went to school. Cause that's basically the gimmick that they gave him, how much more racist could his gimmick have been? Am I missing something here? What was the reason that the people were supposed to get behind him, other than the company just saying "phht, well, he's...in school".

Last edited by Tyrion Lannister : 11-17-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 291
frankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
They're not SUPPOSED to cheer him, he's a HEEL. That's the whole point. If Punk gets cheered, he'll go after the audience and turn them against him, Orton won't because he doesn't care enough to do the job he's meant to.

And for the love of god, don't compare Orton to the greatest wrestler who ever lived. "Irrelevant" Austin was still a bigger draw than anyone besides Rock.


im pretty sure you will be very upset, when orton wins the wwe championship next yeat, and overtake cm punk as the biggest heel in wwe
frankieorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
APES ON HORSES!
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wherever whores go
Posts: 12,430
Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister Tyrion Lannister
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Yeah, that's not happening.

I'll tell you what, though, you live in fantasy land where Orton is the king of the universe and I'll stay here in reality where CM Punk works a match with the biggest star in the history of wrestling on the road to WrestleMania while Orton does his best of 500 series with Wade Barrett in the midcard and loses half of them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent on Xavier Woods' Gimmick
Man, talk about giving a guy nothing to work with. Imagine you've been called up to tv and they basically say to you "You're well educated. (which apparently because of your skin color means that this is an incredible thing.) We can't believe that someone with your skin color has the level of education that you have, so your gimmick is just gonna be that we put you on tv and brag that you went to school. Cause that's basically the gimmick that they gave him, how much more racist could his gimmick have been? Am I missing something here? What was the reason that the people were supposed to get behind him, other than the company just saying "phht, well, he's...in school".
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 291
frankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsfrankieorton should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Yeah, that's not happening.

I'll tell you what, though, you live in fantasy land where Orton is the king of the universe and I'll stay here in reality where CM Punk works a match with the biggest star in the history of wrestling on the road to WrestleMania while Orton does his best of 500 series with Wade Barrett in the midcard and loses half of them.
orton career is most impressive than cm punk´s career, orton has faced the rock, goldberg, brock lesnar, hulk hogan,working with the greatest names in wrestling industry when orton won his first world title, where was cm punk?
frankieorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
checking the male
 
samizayn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: B+
Posts: 9,720
samizayn samizayn samizayn samizayn samizayn samizayn samizayn samizayn samizayn samizayn samizayn
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Time will tell on that one, it's only two months until they start prepping the important angles for RTWM 2013. If you look at the logistics of it though, it's not looking in his favour. Rock, Brock and Cena have already been billed as the main attractions. In all likeliness Punk will join them somewhere in that fold. They're still very keen on the idea of Sheamus as a top guy, and of course who could forget Ryback. I don't see any opening for Orton anywhere in there, unless they turned him heel and put him against Sheamus.
Quote:
orton career is most impressive than cm punk´s career, orton has faced the rock, goldberg, brock lesnar, hulk hogan,working with the greatest names in wrestling industry when orton won his first world title, where was cm punk?
He was wrestling in the indies.
__________________

samizayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,500
Choke2Death Choke2Death Choke2Death Choke2Death Choke2Death Choke2Death Choke2Death Choke2Death Choke2Death Choke2Death Choke2Death
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
K, to start, Michaels is like 10 trillion times better than Orton, that's #1. #2, he had Vince wrapped around his finger than anyone EVER has, including Orton, or anyone else, that's #2. Also, WWE was VERY desperate back then, a lot more so than now and they didn't really have a choice but to put Michaels on top, that's #3.

The reason he gets pops after a year of doing nothing is because he's been built up so much. You think that's charisma? My god, he's beaten every single person imaginable a MILLION times, Vince has handed him more than anyone in the history of wrestling taken into account the level of star power he has, ie, not a MEGA star. You could take any random fucking guy on NXT, put him over Cena, Sheamus, Big Show, Orton, Ryback, etc, consistently for a year and I GUARANTEE he'll be over huge for life, regardless of talent, it's not rocket science.

Orton's promos have always been shit, this isn't about old, current, whatever. He can't talk. He isn't Ryback level bad to the point where you literally cannot hand him a microphone, but he's consistently been terrible.
#1 - That's subjective and I also rank HBK above Orton but still... to create a star, you continue pushing instead of giving up.
#2 - Fair enough.
#3 - To be honest, in 2004, after Lesnar walked out, they were desperately looking for a new guy to become #1 since HHH was the heel. They eventually did that with Cena and Batista but first it was Orton and let's just say they mishandled it.

As for him being built up... if he was as terrible as you make him out to be, I'm pretty sure fans would have eventually stopped giving a fuck in the end. But they obviously see something in Orton that they continue to react to him even when comes back from a suspension or never gets to talk on a mic to connect with the crowd or anything other than random matches. I say he has charisma because my definition of the word is being able to get people to notice you and that's exactly what has happened with Orton. You want an example of somebody getting everything handed to them? Look no further than Alberto del Rio. And despite all the achievements, Alberto can't get a crowd to react to him for more than some cheap heat by insulting the city or something. Anyone who gets over by good booking will eventually receive silence if they become directionless the way Orton has been for the past year so I can't agree on that one at all.

Lastly, his promos. I really don't know what you are looking for in his promos. He gets the point across, he doesn't stumble and doesn't sound like a goofball like some do (*cough* Jack Swagger *cough*). I admit, many of his promos sound like he's memorizing his lines but he's shown that he can deliver the goods on that front with good delivery, energy and all that's needed in a good promo.

Take this one for an example.



I would like to see if you find any faults in Orton's part of this promo. Or this one for that matter.



He's not going to match The Rock or Austin's promo abilities but I don't think he's anywhere close to "terrible". He's decent enough and look at him in those videos, he oozes charisma there. I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking he's a charisma vacuum when hearing him say "My name......... is Randy Orton" but that's just not the best of his capabilities.
__________________
Choke2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios