2013 - The Age of Orton returns? - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #41 (permalink)
.....
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kings Landing
Posts: 9,922
Tyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whore
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Whatever you say. Numbers don't lie. #363BestInTheWorld

CM Punk vs John Cena at MITB 2011 is a more famous, more talked about, more iconic match than Orton ever had, or ever will have.
__________________
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 291
frankieorton 251 - 500frankieorton 251 - 500frankieorton 251 - 500frankieorton 251 - 500frankieorton 251 - 500
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Whatever you say. Numbers don't lie. #363BestInTheWorld

CM Punk vs John Cena at MITB 2011 is a more famous, more talked about, more iconic match than Orton ever had, or ever will have.

orton vs cactus jack, orton vs benoit summerslam 2004,
frankieorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #43 (permalink)
.....
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kings Landing
Posts: 9,922
Tyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whore
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Those aren't even close.

Not to mention, even IF, and it's not even close, but even if Orton vs Benoit was bigger, it doesn't matter because they'll never bring it up again. Tough luck eh?
__________________
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 291
frankieorton 251 - 500frankieorton 251 - 500frankieorton 251 - 500frankieorton 251 - 500frankieorton 251 - 500
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Those aren't even close.

Not to mention, even IF, and it's not even close, but even if Orton vs Benoit was bigger, it doesn't matter because they'll never bring it up again. Tough luck eh?

thatīs true and I think everyone is agree with me, orton will be inducte in to the hall of fame first than cm punk , even that cm punk is older than orton and will retire first


and just like one guy said it here "Orton is still known a lot more than CM Punk worldwide. Just like The Rock is known more than Cena"

Last edited by frankieorton : 11-17-2012 at 03:06 PM.
frankieorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #45 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
N-destroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 779
N-destroy 101 - 250N-destroy 101 - 250
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
They ruined the opportunity to turn him into a huge draw in 2004 when HHH buried him as soon as he was getting started combined with the fact he was pushed early. (don't tell me he didn't get over because that's a flat out lie) He still did pretty good in 2009 as top heel and was a bigger draw than anyone in today's roster outside of Cena.
But he wasn't. He was over for two weeks or so because evolution has just turned on him making the hot face and the fact that he was against heel HHH. Bryan Alvarez of f4w talked about it recently in the radio show. People weren't truly behind him, he was just cheered like any over mid carder was cheered.
N-destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #46 (permalink)
The Face Of The Company
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,713
Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
And they did, when he was ready (I say ready in the backstage, personal life context, obviously not in the wrestling context). Pushing a guy when he's 24 is stupid anyway, most of the time, because they usually aren't mature enough and let the success go to their head, like he did.
I can understand that, though. And you make a good point about the age thing since they still haven't given anyone as much as a title shot at the age of 24 since then, none I can think of anyways.

Quote:
He couldn't handle it. Both from a life standpoint and from a personal standpoint, it's not WWE's fault. I guarantee you Vince has been kicking himself for 8 years that he couldn't make Orton his #1 guy and it KILLS him that it's John Cena, I guarantee it.
Admittedly, yes. But it's also WWE's fault for hot-shotting him to the main event when he was being slowly built with the Intercontinental title reign similar to Cena over on Smackdown. As for the #1 guy thing, I think you're exaggerating. Cena is the kind of guy Vince dreams of. Muscular, loyal and talented enough to not look out of place at the top. Plus Orton is a natural born heel, so I don't know how good it would have worked to make him a pandering goody two shoes anyways.

Quote:
Yeah, they see an incessent 10 years of pushing, that's what they see. Like I said, he's like Michaels or Bret Hart, people will react to them if they're already there, they won't specifically come to see him, he can't DRAW anyone into the building, he can only elicit cheers from the diehards that would go to the shows whether he ever existed or not, that's not special. And honest to god, his pops aren't even that big anymore, so I don't know what you're talking about. He's not John Cena or Ryback level over, not even CLOSE, not now.
10 years? He was officially a permanent main eventer in 2007 which is when he was truly ready for the position and that's 5 years into his career. And yeah, he's not the draw like a Cena or The Rock are, but he's had his peak in the past and as said before, the opportunity to make him a top guy was destroyed instantly and again, he's a natural heel so he would never work too well as the crowd pleasing #1 guy. And contrary to your belief that he's never made a difference to Vince's bank account, he was the #1 merch seller back in early 2009 which according to you, is a better indicator of a draw than ratings.

As for his pops, I haven't been watching in months but still checked out a few Orton segments/matches and from what I've seen, he's still got the crowd reaction on lock like ever before, it just happens that crowds are very silent a lot of the time so even Cena's reactions have dropped to an extent despite being the most over guy.

Quote:
Being able to get people to "notice you" is easy, so I wouldn't assign such a definition to charisma. I don't see how anybody can think Del Rio doesn't have charisma based on a crowd reaction is beyond me, his mannerisms, actions, etc are top of the line and he speaks in such a way that it's obvious he's charismatic, but it's not that funny ha ha charisma that people like Rock have. Whatever, though. Del Rio got everything handed to him, I won't deny that, but I WOULD'VE handed everything too him because look at him, he's got the look, he can wrestle his ass off, he can talk (I don't care if people deny it, and you will, vehemently I'm sure, I haven't the time to argue. He CAN talk), he plays the assigned gimmick to him perfectly, and WWE doesn't utilize the gimmick well, they don't do anything with him but he still plays that part exceptionally. He's got everything you should want in a main eventer except the crowd reaction, but to be honest, the crowd doesn't matter in 2012 unless you're the face of the company, because at this point, it's PURELY the brand itself that draws, not the individual unless, like I said you're Cena. Del Rio, Orton, Punk, etc, it doesn't matter, they're all gonna do the same job, just in a less talented or more talented manner, depending on which one you are.

Furthermore, Del Rio's gimmick, as I mentioned, has been COMPLETELY mishandled and despite getting handed a lot, he never wins any big time matches like Orton, so who gives a shit? He choked at WrestleMania, he choked at Extreme Rules in his first 2 title shots, he rarely ever wins on PPV. His push has flopped back and forth so many times that I'm hardly surprised he's not over to the level he should be. They never mishandled Orton once he got on the ground, it was full on, he's the top heel, the end. Of course you get different results.
I disagree on the first sentence. You can get pushed non-stop but if you don't have "it", the reaction will remain to be silent. Just take Albert/Tensai for an example. He went over Cena and Punk and constantly squashed jobbers but he didn't get over which proves that it's not as simple as going over everybody. At best, being booked dominantly and going over respected wrestlers can result in "go away heat".

And I give it to Del Rio. He's got everything a main eventer has got and despite what I've said in the past, he does have charisma. Hell, when I look at him and his facial expressions and arrogance, it makes me think of Legend Killer Orton so that's saying something. But I was killing the idea that getting shoved down throats automatically gets you over with an audience.

Quote:
I don't even care enough to dissect the promos, I've been at this too long, but I know those promos and I'm still not gonna change my opinion. The guy just can't carry a promo, if you compare him to anybody who's respected on the mic you'll see why.
So you're running away from properly responding to this one? Fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-destroy View Post
But he wasn't. He was over for two weeks or so because evolution has just turned on him making the hot face and the fact that he was against heel HHH. Bryan Alvarez of f4w talked about it recently in the radio show. People weren't truly behind him, he was just cheered like any over mid carder was cheered.
What matters is that he was over. This "they weren't truly behind him" thing is just an excuse and doesn't even make sense. If he's over, he's over. End of story. And to further solidify it, he got cheered when beating Benoit at SummerSlam, he got cheered against Edge at Vengeance and he started getting small face reactions after his match with Foley.
__________________

Last edited by Choke2Death : 11-17-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Choke2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #47 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,542
THA_WRESTER 50 - 100THA_WRESTER 50 - 100
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

their slowly building him back up so yeah id say so
__________________

Ryback fan since day 1.
THA_WRESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Ryan93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 284
Ryan93 101 - 250Ryan93 101 - 250
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Orton will turn heel soon.

I think it'd be cool if the top two heels in the company were Punk continuing to be a weasel running around with Heyman sinking to new lows while calling himself the best in the world, with Orton on a rampage as a psycho.. Maybe Orton can RKO AJ or something so we can see angry serious promo number #500 from Cena.
Ryan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Asenath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,432
Asenath 501 - 1000Asenath 501 - 1000Asenath 501 - 1000Asenath 501 - 1000Asenath 501 - 1000Asenath 501 - 1000
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieorton View Post
im going to finish arguing with you, one thing is for sure, randy ortonīs career so far is more impresive than cm punkīs career
People who make outlandish claims must back them up with some kind of supporting evidence. And this is the most outlandish claim I've read on this forum.
Asenath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #50 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 53
ROHWashingtonstate 50 - 100
Default Re: 2013 The age of orton returns????

I was never quite as into him after they changed his entrance theme. Big mistake imo.
ROHWashingtonstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright Đ 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios