Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania? - Page 13 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 09-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #121 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,175
#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading
Default Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
You don't think they are going to do 'if X happens WWE dies/lives' in this match? Come on. Your entire post is biased bullshit as usual quite frankly. Remove yourself from the situation if it's possible and answer honestly. The 30th Wrestlemania. The McMahon's will have been on TV for almost a year by that point. They are engaged in a battle for power. Triple H and John Cena are involved. THEY (McMahon's) are booking the show. Why the hell wouldn't I or anybody else NOT put stock into this feud if it happens? You're foolish, blind and/or stupid if you don't. And I'm not saying Taker/Brock isn't a big match. Duh, it's a pretty huge match. But between the 2 I don't think it's a question which one they'll give top billing to. If they both happen and I'm wrong come tell me I told you so in a couple of months but I don't think I will be.

It doesn't matter what you have a problem with lol. Who cares what you have a problem with. You're saying that Taker/Brock is a bigger match than HHH/Cena just because it's Taker and Brock. That's fine. Apply the same logic to HHH/Brock and Taker/Punk and what's the logical conclusion? It sure as hell isn't that Taker/Punk is the bigger match. It is clear cut and the only people arguing otherwise are who? Surprise, surprise, delusional Punk marks twisting things to fit their perfect little biased world as usual.
The fact you resorted to throwing me being a Punk mark in it just solidifies how blind your being right now, especially since Punk has nothing to do with this. Right now all I'm doing is speaking on paper for Taker/Brock compared to Cena/HHH. Back when Taker/Punk and Brock/HHH were just on paper and nothing played out, I stated or would've stated that Brock/HHH was bigger. Same thing with Taker/Brock over Cena/HHH. Now if it ended up being that Cena/HHH did have something like I stated, the life of the company on the line, then yes, it would be a bigger match just due to the fact it involved the stake of the company. But to answer your first question in this post, I don't think they're going to go THAT far with the match. At best, it'll probably be "if Cena wins, Vince is in control, if HHH wins, HHH is in control" or something like that, which really doesn't change much of anything.

Edit: Also, I'm not saying to not put stock into Cena/HHH, but you're putting in more than it's worth. It's Cena vs. HHH. We've seen it before. It will be hyped the shit out of, but so will Taker/Lesnar. As for which would main event, Cena/HHH would due to the fact Taker/Lesnar is a battle between two part-timers. No way that's closing, especially over a Cena match. However it would still be the biggest match on the card unless, to state it one more time, they put the company itself at risk in this storyline and go all-in. However even if they don't, Cena/HHH would still probably close over Taker/Lesnar, although if Punk/Bryan happened for the belt, that closes the show anyway (and it would be the third biggest match by that point).

Quote:
You're telling me Sandrone doesn't have you convinced after that compelling 'Taker and Punk had a personal feel to it after real life events' argument? You're so silly. Taker/Punk was the obvious true main event of Mania 29. Taker & Punk are bigger draws than Rock, Lesnar, HHH & Cena combined. Everybody knows that....everybody except rational, logical thinkers of course.


Starbuck gettin' mad and over-exaggerating things again.
__________________
I've got some bad news...


Last edited by #BadNewsSanta : 09-30-2013 at 04:39 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #122 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Du du Dudleyville
Posts: 2,282
Billion Dollar Man probably won't be missedBillion Dollar Man probably won't be missedBillion Dollar Man probably won't be missedBillion Dollar Man probably won't be missedBillion Dollar Man probably won't be missedBillion Dollar Man probably won't be missedBillion Dollar Man probably won't be missedBillion Dollar Man probably won't be missedBillion Dollar Man probably won't be missedBillion Dollar Man probably won't be missedBillion Dollar Man probably won't be missed
Default Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
I can honestly say it was the top draw for me personally. The post said some, not all. And how the fuck would you know?
I have nothing against it being the top match to you, but we all know the match that is/was the Top match/draw. You're telling me if you take Rock/Cena 2 of that card and leave everything else the same, they break 1 million buys? It'd be like you proclaiming the match before Mayweather/Canelo was the draw because you wanted to see it more. Some people thought it was the best match on the card( just like people think Taker/Punk was), that doesn't make it the draw tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
^^^^^ Everybody has that one match that they prefer to the others and that draws them in. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The idiocy comes when people use that subjective opinion in objective discussions and start proclaiming said match as the biggest on the card because of what it means to them.



You're telling me Sandrone doesn't have you convinced after that compelling 'Taker and Punk had a personal feel to it after real life events' argument? You're so silly. Taker/Punk was the obvious true main event of Mania 29. Taker & Punk are bigger draws than Rock, Lesnar, HHH & Cena combined. Everybody knows that....everybody except rational, logical thinkers of course.
, Exactly.

Last edited by Billion Dollar Man : 09-30-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Billion Dollar Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #123 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,798
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandrone View Post
The fact you resorted to throwing me being a Punk mark in it just solidifies how blind your being right now, especially since Punk has nothing to do with this. Right now all I'm doing is speaking on paper for Taker/Brock compared to Cena/HHH. Back when Taker/Punk and Brock/HHH were just on paper and nothing played out, I stated or would've stated that Brock/HHH was bigger. Same thing with Taker/Brock over Cena/HHH. Now if it ended up being that Cena/HHH did have something like I stated, the life of the company on the line, then yes, it would be a bigger match just due to the fact it involved the stake of the company. But to answer your first question in this post, I don't think they're going to go THAT far with the match. At best, it'll probably be "if Cena wins, Vince is in control, if HHH wins, HHH is in control" or something like that, which really doesn't change much of anything.
What do you mean if it ends up being that Cena/HHH has a power battle centric match? If Cena/HHH happens, it's obvious what the match is going to be about. If they don't have that stipulation they have no reason to have the match. It's just like the Brock/Taker match. If it happens, it's for the streak. If Cena/HHH happens, it's for control of the company. Whatever match Taker has is a streak match. Whatever match HHH ends up having is going to be a battle for power match. That seems to be obvious to everyone but you.

Your logic is retarded and that's why I brought Punk up. If you're arguing that Taker/Brock is bigger than HHH/Cena, which you are, then surely by your own logic Brock/HHH is bigger than Taker/Punk. If you're arguing that things can change once the feud actually happens which made Taker/Punk bigger than Brock/HHH, which you are, then surely by your own logic HHH/Cena is/can be/will be bigger than Taker/Brock.

I don't even have to get mad. You absolutely embarrass yourself every time you make one of your stupid ass posts. You just successfully argued against yourself and I didn't even have to do anything. Well done lol.
Starbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #124 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,175
#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading
Default Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

Yeah, Taker/Punk was the biggest draw for me personally of Mania 29, but I'm not going to be ridicilous and state it was the biggest drawing match on the card. Rock/Cena II was far and away the biggest drawing match on the card and I honestly don't know anyone who's stated Taker/Punk was a bigger draw than Rock/Cena II anyway.

Quote:
What do you mean if it ends up being that Cena/HHH has a power battle centric match? If Cena/HHH happens, it's obvious what the match is going to be about. If they don't have that stipulation they have no reason to have the match. It's just like the Brock/Taker match. If it happens, it's for the streak. If Cena/HHH happens, it's for control of the company. Whatever match Taker has is a streak match. Whatever match HHH ends up having is going to be a battle for power match. That seems to be obvious to everyone but you.

Your logic is retarded and that's why I brought Punk up. If you're arguing that Taker/Brock is bigger than HHH/Cena, which you are, then surely by your own logic Brock/HHH is bigger than Taker/Punk. If you're arguing that things can change once the feud actually happens which made Taker/Punk bigger than Brock/HHH, which you are, then surely by your own logic HHH/Cena is/can be/will be bigger than Taker/Brock.

I don't even have to get mad. You absolutely embarrass yourself every time you make one of your stupid ass posts. You just successfully argued against yourself and I didn't even have to do anything. Well done lol.
WWE has done stupid things before, don't underestimate their ability to pull stupid shit. And don't compare it to the streak. That's a given because Taker has it and automatically it's a part of the match. You state my logic is retarded and then bring up that But that being said, Cena/HHH will most likely have a big stipulation, and it will most likely be for control of the company, and what I'm saying is (since you either aren't reading or ignoring) is if it's just that, it being control of the company and not if the company lives or dies, then Taker/Lesnar is the bigger match. And I acknowledged as well that when the Brock/HHH and Taker/Punk matches were on paper like the two matches we're discussing are, then Brock/HHH was bigger. I've covered all the bases and you're just being ignorant to that. I've stated what would make Cena/HHH the bigger match, what wouldn't, how it is on paper, and how the two matches from this year were on paper. I'll try to simplify it once more like this:

On paper: Taker/Lesnar>Cena/HHH and Brock/HHH>Taker/Punk
If control of the company is on the line in Cena/HHH: Taker/Lesnar>Cena/HHH
If the company itself is in jeopardy of being shutdown/being killed by the heel HHH if he wins: Cena/HHH>Taker/Lesnar

I can't spell it out any simpler than that, so hopefully you can follow your own advice, take yourself out of the situation for a moment, and think as objectively as possible.

at the last sentence. That can be applied to you as well, my friend.
__________________
I've got some bad news...


Last edited by #BadNewsSanta : 09-30-2013 at 05:00 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #125 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Life's Magic Astral Plane I Travel Through
Posts: 4,013
Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan
Default Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
It is clear cut and the only people arguing otherwise are who? Surprise, surprise, delusional Punk marks twisting things to fit their perfect little biased world as usual.
You complete me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I'm only talking about his big matches. Every high profile match he's had he has lost. To Rock twice, to Cena, to Taker and then Lesnar. Sure it's great that he gets to be in these programs and share the ring with the elite guys but at the same time, that many big losses in a row is bound to hinder momentum.
Ok, Lesnar and Taker I'll give you but Punk beat Rock once. Granted the match was restarted (restarted not overturned) but the win still happened. The Cena thing has thrown me. I can't remember Punk facing Cena this year (on a RAW? Couldn't have been at a PPV.) much less losing to him. When was this? I'm drawing a complete blank here.

As for the losses hindering Punk's momentum I'll have to agree to disagree with you there. Yes, it could derail Punk a bit but if he is as good as his fans say then it shouldn't....or at least he should bounce right back from it with little effort. Take Jericho for example. The guy loses like a jobber and the next month is in WWE title contention. I know using Jericho is a bit of a two edged sword here as the Jericho of today kind of makes your point but that is only because he's gone too far in the opposite direction....losing unnecessarily so for years now. Punk won't lose nearly as much as Jericho so he should bounce back like Jericho did at first.



The Sandrone: Wrestlemania's 30th anniversary and McMahon ego being what it is you have to know that match will not only go last it will be pushed over everything else. It just will man.

Last edited by Happenstan : 09-30-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Happenstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #126 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,798
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happenstan View Post
Ok, Lesnar and Taker I'll give you but Punk beat Rock once. Granted the match was restarted (restarted not overturned) but the win still happened. The Cena thing has thrown me. I can't remember Punk facing Cena this year (on a RAW? Couldn't have been at a PPV.) much less losing to him. When was this? I'm drawing a complete blank here.

As for the losses hindering Punk's momentum I'll have to agree to disagree with you there. Yes, it could derail Punk a bit but if he is as good as his fans say then it shouldn't....or at least he should bounce right back from it with little effort. Take Jericho for example. The guy loses like a jobber and the next month is in WWE title contention. I know using Jericho is a bit of a two edged sword here as the Jericho of today kind of makes your point but that is only because he's gone too far in the opposite direction....losing unnecessarily so for years now. Punk won't lose nearly as much as Jericho so he should bounce back like Jericho did at first.
Punk was booked very strongly against Rock both during the feud and in the matches but at the end of the day, he still lost to the guy twice. He lost to Cena on Raw in the no.1 contenders match shortly after. Few weeks after that he lost to Taker. In between there somewhere he even lost to Kane on Raw too. He disappears for a bit and comes back to beat Jobber Jericho. Then enters into a feud with Paul Heyman where he ends up losing to Brock Lesnar.

It doesn't matter who you are or how big of a star you are, if you're eating big loss after big loss like that, it's going to have an impact on your momentum. Royal Rumble. Wrestlemania. Summerslam. 3 of the 4 biggest PPV's of the year and with the most eyeballs on them. That isn't any different for Punk. Jericho is probably the worst example you could use tbh. He can lose like a jobber one month and be in a title feud the next month but nobody actually thinks he's going to win. Jericho has zero credibility relevant to getting somebody over. It's now at the stage where it's a surprise if he wins a match.
Starbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #127 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,175
#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading
Default Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

Punk's losses aren't really affecting him or his crowd reaction, so it's all fine. He had more to gain by just simply fighting Rock, Taker, and Lesnar than to lose, so even losing didn't really hurt him. Especially in the cases of his matches with Rock and Lesnar, where he was pretty protected. In fact the only match he really lost clean is against Taker (and I guess Rock at Royal Rumble... although the whole restart thing, despite justified based on the stipulation McMahon made the Raw before, was a bit fishy for my taste).

The only loss that imo hurt him, was the one to Kane on Raw a few weeks before Mania. There were already many people who pegged Punk as having no chance again Taker, but after that loss, certainly there couldn't be a question in it from a kayfabe POV.

That being said, he can't keep losing like that all the way to Mania if they expect him to main event. That would be too ridiculous and too much for any man to overcome.
__________________
I've got some bad news...


Last edited by #BadNewsSanta : 09-30-2013 at 05:09 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #128 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Life's Magic Astral Plane I Travel Through
Posts: 4,013
Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan Happenstan
Default Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Punk was booked very strongly against Rock both during the feud and in the matches but at the end of the day, he still lost to the guy twice. He lost to Cena on Raw in the no.1 contenders match shortly after. Few weeks after that he lost to Taker. In between there somewhere he even lost to Kane on Raw too.
I completely forgot the Punk/Cena match. I still don't remember it to tell the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
It doesn't matter who you are or how big of a star you are, if you're eating big loss after big loss like that, it's going to have an impact on your momentum. Royal Rumble. Wrestlemania. Summerslam. 3 of the 4 biggest PPV's of the year and with the most eyeballs on them. That isn't any different for Punk. Jericho is probably the worst example you could use tbh. He can lose like a jobber and be in a title feud the next month but nobody actually thinks he's going to win. Jericho has zero credibility relevant to getting somebody over. It's now at the stage where it's a surprise if he wins a match.
Yeah the Jericho of today. But when Jericho first started putting people over he bounced back quite well. Remember Jericho/HBK in 08? Did you think that was a one sided feud believability wise? He was putting people over before and after that feud.
Happenstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #129 (permalink)
Let's just say there's a lot of blood.
 
SonoShion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Route 666
Posts: 4,123
SonoShion is making a name for themselvesSonoShion is making a name for themselvesSonoShion is making a name for themselvesSonoShion is making a name for themselvesSonoShion is making a name for themselvesSonoShion is making a name for themselvesSonoShion is making a name for themselvesSonoShion is making a name for themselvesSonoShion is making a name for themselvesSonoShion is making a name for themselvesSonoShion is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happenstan View Post
I completely forgot the Punk/Cena match. I still don't remember it to tell the truth.
How could you not. It's certainly a TV MOTY contender.
__________________

ChampviaDQ


The Greatest of Modern Cinema

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls006310211/
SonoShion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #130 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portsmouth, England
Posts: 4,068
Apex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new hereApex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new hereApex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new hereApex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new hereApex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new hereApex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new hereApex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new hereApex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new hereApex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new hereApex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new hereApex Rattlesnake better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdoomsayerx View Post
God I fucking hope not. Keep Bryan away from the WM main event please, unless you want buys to be terrible.
Wow...
Apex Rattlesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios