Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 09-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 9,932
cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000
Default Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW

right before the 11 v 3 handicap match, Gold Dust and Cody Rhodes attacked The SHIELD. Why? I mean, yeah they're fighting the "bad guys", I get that. But, what do you think they'll do with this story?

It seemed random and wasn't really sold so well by the commentators. I'm sure only time will tell, but what do people hope or expect for?

I'd like them to come back and fight the SHIELD at Survivor Series, maybe a stipulation "if you win, you get your jobs back!"
__________________
"Little Jiminy Cricket"; Fantasy Wrestling Leauge




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Splash Bros.
 
Childish Mikino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,316
Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW

For some reason I think it'll be Roman Reigns/Seth Rollins vs Cody/Goldust @ Battleground.. or is that too soon? WHO KNOWS.
__________________
Childish Mikino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 229
guardplay320 101 - 250guardplay320 101 - 250guardplay320 101 - 250
Default Re: Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaro_ROCKS View Post
right before the 11 v 3 handicap match, Gold Dust and Cody Rhodes attacked The SHIELD. Why? I mean, yeah they're fighting the "bad guys", I get that. But, what do you think they'll do with this story?

It seemed random and wasn't really sold so well by the commentators. I'm sure only time will tell, but what do people hope or expect for?

I'd like them to come back and fight the SHIELD at Survivor Series, maybe a stipulation "if you win, you get your jobs back!"
How could them attacking the Shield be considered random? The Rhodes brothers are fighting back against the Corporation and in particular The Shield who played a big part in what happened to their father. Big Show and HHH have us believing that Big Show only did what he did because the option option was a beatdown from all 3 members of The Shield (not buying it as I think big Show ultimately turns heel, but that's neither here nor there). Ultimately, it seems this is setting up Cody and Goldy against Rollins and Reigns for a title shot at HIAC and then them being part of Bryan's team at Survivor Series against the Shield and Orton.
guardplay320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 229
guardplay320 101 - 250guardplay320 101 - 250guardplay320 101 - 250
Default Re: Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
For some reason I think it'll be Roman Reigns/Seth Rollins vs Cody/Goldust @ Battleground.. or is that too soon? WHO KNOWS.
HIAC makes more sense, particularly with the "revenge factor" aspect of the feud with what happened to Dusty. That feud should get down and dirty in a cell.
guardplay320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Eater of Worlds
 
Riddle101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 9,297
Riddle101 4001 - 4500Riddle101 4001 - 4500Riddle101 4001 - 4500Riddle101 4001 - 4500Riddle101 4001 - 4500Riddle101 4001 - 4500Riddle101 4001 - 4500Riddle101 4001 - 4500Riddle101 4001 - 4500Riddle101 4001 - 4500Riddle101 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW

Yeah you can hear Cody shouting about what they did to their father last week, so it wasn't really a random attack. Of course it all fits into the current storyline. I think Goldust and Cody will defeat Shield to become Tag Team Champions too.
__________________
Favorite Wrestlers Of All Time - The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle and Edge

Riddle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,897
Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000
Default Re: Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW

A tag match coming at either Battleground or SS. If Cody wins, he gets his job back. Cody and Goldust win it, Cody gets over in the storyline, and goes after the WHC. Ideal scenario for me.
Superkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 9,932
cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000
Default Re: Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardplay320 View Post
How could them attacking the Shield be considered random? The Rhodes brothers are fighting back against the Corporation and in particular The Shield who played a big part in what happened to their father. Big Show and HHH have us believing that Big Show only did what he did because the option option was a beatdown from all 3 members of The Shield (not buying it as I think big Show ultimately turns heel, but that's neither here nor there). Ultimately, it seems this is setting up Cody and Goldy against Rollins and Reigns for a title shot at HIAC and then them being part of Bryan's team at Survivor Series against the Shield and Orton.
I meant random in how the commentators handled it. The attack happened and then was done in about 10 seconds. Not much of a reaction from anyone I guess is my problem with it.

And why attack the SHIELD? They didn't fire them; they should have attacked Triple H or Randy Orton.

__________________
"Little Jiminy Cricket"; Fantasy Wrestling Leauge




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Continuum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Santos
Posts: 187
Continuum 251 - 500Continuum 251 - 500Continuum 251 - 500Continuum 251 - 500
Default Re: Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW

Rollins & Reigns vs Goldsut & Cody in a WE QUIT MATCH!
__________________
Follow the rules.

or feel the wrath of Continuum
Continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
RVD'S BONG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tromaville
Posts: 406
RVD'S BONG 101 - 250RVD'S BONG 101 - 250
Default Re: Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW

My only thing about it is why would Gold dust put his make up on.
Right before the attack was he like hold on Cody,I got to put my make up on.
I just think it would have been more believable without the make up lol it just seemed odd to me.
__________________
RVD'S BONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,897
Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000Superkick 12501 - 13000
Default Re: Rhodes attacks SHIELD on RAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaro_ROCKS View Post
I meant random in how the commentators handled it. The attack happened and then was done in about 10 seconds. Not much of a reaction from anyone I guess is my problem with it.

And why attack the SHIELD? They didn't fire them; they should have attacked Triple H or Randy Orton.

The commentators did react, they had a well executed surprised tone of voice. Also, the crowd reacted to it well. Right about the time Rhodes' face was displayed clearly on the tron, people started cheering relatively loudly, and there were lots of Cody chants, although not all in sync.
Superkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios