John Cena hate - Page 16 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #151 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 73
Moscow08 0 - 49
Default Re: John Cena hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost99 View Post
Well if I have an "agenda" about turning Cena heel then you my friend certainly have a stereotype of the so called "die hard" fans I described.
I do, I can admit to that, and I was just as guilty as you and many others but I take exception to this group of wrestling fans who’ve appointed themselves as the “die hards” and who feel they're being “alienated” because Cena won’t turn heel and that they’re the core audience. It’s all very obnoxious.

As for the rest of your post, you say a lot but without actually saying much, it’s still the crux of an outdated ideological opinion about how the WWE should run and how the character John Cena should be shown. It’s full of contradictions, manipulations and just basic nonsense and here's why.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost99 View Post
I mean that was the SUMMER of PUNK, he had the world talking but NOT about John Cena so what happens? After setting the world on fire & getting the E media attention not seen since Austin/Tyson back in 98, what do they do to protect their “star”. They have Punk DROP the belt less than 30 days after winning the title, after he BEAT Cena twice only with distraction after distraction never giving Punk a clean win over Cena because that would be Cena putting Punk over as the face. Punk loses the belt goes onto feud with HHH but Cena WINS the dam belt back 20 days later but Cena doesn’t deafened the belt against Punk in a 1 on 1 instead to protect the “star” it becomes a three way in which Cena doesn’t even get pinned, so the hell ADR at the time doesn’t get the rub but they also have Punk EAT THE PIN. In my opinion this is to continue to less his impact as a face, eventually Punk wins the belt back but again it’s NOT from Cena. So their summer time feud is left un-resolved which means creative & the fans are allowed to forget that feud ever happened with Punk out pop-ing Cena as a face & the feud would be saved for later with the roles reversed so there is ONLY one face in the next round & his name isn’t CM Punk. This move to me is most boldest biases within the WWE & there “NOBODY BETTER THAN CENA” agenda , at that time & point Cena was getting boo’ed in his OWN HOME TOWN so what should they do. Well you had CM Punk cut an Austin 3:16 promo and the crowd bought it, they wanted to see Punk take that badass face role this is the first time in years it looked like Punk was becoming the next star to take Cena’s spot.


This should have been a WIN/WIN Punk would bring a fresh new energy to the product (basically the face of the company WOULDN’T be boo’ed night in & night out) plus Cena could either turn heel or if the E was so desperate to keep him face. Have John step away from the camera & rest up. Still have him do the charity thing but keep him away from the ring & let the fans breath for a bit. Also this time could have also produced new heels for Cena to feud with on his return, new up & coming baby faces ect. Now maybe I’m wrong & this may have not turned out so well & Cena may have had to return sooner than later. But will NEVER know, the E was handed a gift and what did they do? They CRAPPED all over it, they did what many in the wrestling world joke about. They BURIED an ENTIRE angle & why? Nobody really knows, will never know but you gotta believe Vince was fearful of his image & even though Punk doesn’t drink or do drugs a great role model for the group there trying to target. But because Punk isn’t Vince’s wet dream let’s be the honest his looks, the tattoos, the attitude to a certain degree, the fact that Punk was also a SELF-MADE man doesn’t help. They basically DROPPED HIM in favour of keeping Cena the MAN, hell they could have had MEN both Punk & Cena as the top draws.
This is mostly just waffle, irrelevant pedantic waffle about being pinned clean and not being pinned clean, CM Punk was made to look good that summer. The WWE title was used as a hot potato for the majority of that year, so what if Punk dropped the title soon after winning it, he went on to become one of the longest reigning champions ever.
And I don’t know if you noticed this but in CM Punks face run the pitch for his cheers were getting higher. That was a portion of the smark crowd deciding that since Punk was no longer heel, maybe it wasn’t so ‘cool and edgy’ to cheer him.

How can you say the Cena/Punk rivalry was unresolved when CM Punk beat him twice and won the title?... so what if he dropped it to Del Rio soon after, that doesn’t negate from the fact he got the better of Cena in their summer exchange.
And what’s this about John Cena taking time away, this is that obnoxiousness where your group think they’re the only fans watching, do you think Cena fans want Cena to ‘take a break’? why does he have to take a break? Punk was being pushed, regardless.

What angle did they drop? The pipe bomb stuff was good for a few weeks, Was he supposed to spend the rest of the summer talking about backstage politics? They didn’t bury anything, Punk dropped his bomb, it ended up with him facing Cena in two exceptional matches in the summer and he was WWE Champion, he was the man. He faced Triple H in a knock on from that whole situation, a match that btw was the main event at Night of Champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost99 View Post
To me this theory was CONFIRMED in 2012 in a year that Cena did NOT hold the WWE Championship he STILL main evented 9 out of a possible 12 PPV's!!!!!!! NOT AS THE WWE CHAMPION TO BOOT!!!!! The richest prize in the "sport" the WWE is supposed to be all about, the championship of all championships, your literal MAIN EVENT ticket to the top of most PPV cards and only THREE times did we see the WWE Champion on that main event slot, interesting enough Cena was involved in TWO of those main events as well, for third he was injured but he was slated to be in that spot as well. It really shows the lack of faith they have in some outstanding talents just being used as filler until Cena comes out night in and night out, over & over again in the same spot he’s been in for EIGHT years.....the TOP SPOT!!!! How? Well it’s becoming more & more obvious that Cena is feeding off of other stars & stealing whatever spotlight they might have. Hell Cena is the professional wrestling equivalent of a vampire he just SUCKS the life out of the crowd & any other wrestler he’s been around. It was evident in the later days of 2011 & the year of 2012, remember Zack Ryder? A SELF-MADE MAN via the Internet, the man gets chanted for @ the Survivor Series inside MSG. The fans have created a new upper-mid card star. So what happens?
I do agree with the main event situation but I don’t see how the blame can be placed on Cena’s shoulders, he cannot be blamed if Vince and co didn’t have enough faith in giving CM Punk/Bryan top billing. We know what Vince thinks of ‘little guys’.

To say John Cena feeds off other stars is just absurd, if anything others feed off him, I ask you, would CM Punk’s pipe bomb have had the same impact if it was said in the presence of anyone other than John Cena?
Would Edge’s rated R persona have taken off it wasn’t for the fact he was going up against John Cena. Let’s not pretend wrestlers haven’t benefited from the “John Cena hysteria”.
Cena sucks the life out of a crowd? Yes the guy who gets a bigger reaction than anyone else is ‘sucking the life out of a crowd’, okay.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost99 View Post
Well at the time Cena's feud with Rocky was continuing & we ALL know what the WWE Universe chooses when given the choice between Rock & Cena. So John Boy once again hears those boo's. Vince steps in to protect Cena by pairing him with Ryder and thus the sucking begins. Weather it was Cena tagging with Ryder to pick up the cheers, Cena GIVING Ryder a US Title shot ( Which by the way was the phoniest & most UN-realistic thing they could have done. HOW FUCKING FAKE. I mean who would EVER give up the chance to become WWE champion in order to give a guy you've had NONE to little on camera time with a shot at a mid card championship.) This BACKFIRED on Cena & Vince because they pissed off the Ryder fans by making John Cena the REASON why Zack got a shot & WON the US Title. Therefore trying to link Cena's kindness to Zack's first singles championship but in turn they also kind of upset the Cena fans because their hero gave up the chance to win anther Championship for the C-Nation & perhaps drove away potential PPV buys all at the same time.
Zack Ryders popularity was coming from smarks, the mainstream audience had little or no idea who he was, he was paired with Cena to get exposure, he got that, he got the title, but let’s not pretend Zack Ryder is anything other than a flash in the pan , flavour of the month wrestler. I’ll agree the storyline involving Cena/Ryder was awful but it made Cena look awful too, not just Ryder, throw in Eve in the mix and it was all dreadful stuff. Bad for all involved, Cena benefited f all from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost99 View Post
It get's better or worse depending on how you see it with the next storyline/spotlight Cena gets to suck some more life out of......John Laurinaitis. Remember when Cena was busy tagging with Rocky & or chasing ADR for the WWE title. CM Punk really had nothing to do so what happens, CM Punk engages in a verbal feud with Johnny Ace delivering some great moments as seen below.....

This all happened while Cena feuded with the Rock but after Miana & Extreme Rules UH-OH John Boy's got NOTHING to do. What should we do? Give him time off to sell some injuries via Lesner? NOPE will just insert Cena into the Johnny Ace bad boss guy storyline. Even though MONTHS of build up with Punk was laid out and a pay off looked to be on the horizon , Vince & company DROPPED Punk from the angle & inserted Cean instead. Also DB was thrown out as Punk's main foil only to be replaced by the Big Show in one of the WORST storylines/feuds in sometime. Why? Well because John Boy just has to be the CENTER of the WWE and nobody else even though there was NO GOOD REASON FOR IT. Cena was buys the with the Rock, sure Johnny Ace interfered back at MITB but after Punk "left" the company Cena didn't go after Johnny L, instead he was pushed back into the title picture and Cena never again mention Johnny until CM Punk was feuding with & or Vince saw the crowds reaction to Ace/Punk & thought Cena could do better, which he DIDN'T. The way they treat Cena's booking is that of a child's. If he's not playing with something it's up for grabs like the WWE Title but the second somebody picks it up and has fun with it, Cena cried & whines until he gets it back or just takes it from them like a spoiled brat. That's how they book Cena which I suspect is anther reason his persona is despised.
A lot of paranoid nonsense here and more of that ideological view on how the WWE should run and you’ve also manipulated the chronological order of storylines to make Cena look bad. Its just a complete crock of shit to be honest.

CM Punk and Laurinatis didn’t take off because it didn’t need to take off, the bigger picture for CM Punk was the WWE Championship. Why on earth would WWE book a programme for CM Punk and Laurinitis with CM Punk as WWE Champion?
How would that make any sense, how would that sell? So what if Punk cut a nice promo on Laurinitis. His rivalry around that time, the time you claim Cena ‘had nothing to do’ was with Jericho, Laurinitis wasn’t a major part of it, he was a side story.
Are you actually suggesting that after finishing his programme with Jericho, Cm Punk should have been booked in matches with Big Johnny for the WWE Championship?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost99 View Post
It's CENA...CENA....CENA....why do I fell like Jan from the Brady Bunch all of the sudden. Look there is NOTHING wrong with supporting Make a Wish or any other good will cause the WWE does. It's a different world & while I'm sure back in them AE days none of these events would be publicized on the tube they would most def get praised on the website. That's fine but I'm pretty dam sure OTHER WWE stars would be shown helping to grant wishes. What is Cena the be all, end all for dying kids? Next they'll be showing a promo of Cena's "god like" powers to cure all, hell that rise about cancer t-shirt campaign came close. This is a re-occurring theme with the Cena persona and I really don't know who to look at for the problem. But while wrestler's like Hogan, Rock, Austin, Hart, HBK, Hunter ect have in their resume their abilities to change from heel to face & vice versa but the moment Cean left his rapper gimmick in 05 he's never been able to claim any such change. In fact it;s like the E is admit about giving Cena more charity causes then Championships, scary thought. But really is using the troops, sick kids, cancer victim ect good ways to keep from turning heel or is it just all a cheap & lazy ploy from the WWE & perhaps Cena himself in keeping him the MAN.
Cena is shown the most because he is requested the most, he is the poster boy, it’s common sense to use him above all else but let’s not pretend that other wrestlers aren’t shown. Cena is just simply the lead for a greater cause that people like you take issue with because of your irrational dislike for a wrestling character.

Those wrestlers were all allowed to change because in their era they were surrounded by other wrestlers who could take on the role as top babyface. This doesn’t apply to Cena, now we can point fingers and say WWE creative are partly to blame but is there really anyone other than Cena who would be capable of having his role?
Randy Orton, Sheamus, Del Rio are the other big faces but none of them are up to the standards of Cena, hell Randy Orton spends most of his time playing face with a face like a slapped arse.

And I don’t know if you’ve noticed this but Sheamus, Orton, Del Rio are already garnering negative reactions from the smark crowd and they’ve not come anywhere near close to amassing the fanbase that Cena has. CM Punk? No, CM Punk is fantastic but his character just can’t be that top babyface, it just won’t work.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost99 View Post
John has taken kayfabe to places never before seen, as a "real life" superhero it's admirable idea. And if his true calling in the world is to spear head charities then GO. Leave the ring and go into that real world and grant wishes and give hope & love to children that feel empty. But playing devils advocate why hasn't Cena hung up the boots? I mean he's DONE IT ALL, Hall of Famer like it or not. And the last eight years or so has really proven the E's UN-willingness not only to protect Cena & keep him the face of the company but the complete LACK of rubs Cena has been apart of is mind-boggling. Cena has never helped to make a star in the ways that HHH did with Orton/Batista so if the WWE is un-willing and since Cena has repeatedly stated his love & respect for the biz why hasn't he stepped away, gone off to do charity work and allow the biz to go on without him for a short period of time? If anybody could do that it would be Cena, so why hasn't it happened yet? Austin has stated numerous times the WWE will go on without him, he was just a gear in the machine and now he's been replaced, does Cena actually believe he's the machine? Does he actually think pro-wrestling would die without him? Maybe he does believe his own hype, Maybe the spotlight is just to bright & too warm to step out of, perhaps Cena enjoys the kick backs on his contract earning more money for every t-shirt pumped out with his face on it.
Let’s first touch on that comment on HHH making Orton.... Let me remind you of the HHH/Randy Orton business. Orton played second fiddle to Triple H through the entire Evolution run. Randy Orton won the WHC and within a month dropped it and was buried by Triple H, he wasn’t granted a proper rematch until the following Royal Rumble which ended with Triple H cleanly beating Orton, who would then be drafted to Smackdown, away from Triple H.

How you can sit there, suggest Cena never helped make a star (he did btw, see Punk, Edge, Miz, hell he even helped R-Truth matter a bit, would R-Truths conspiracy rant really have worked on anyone but Cena?) and then turn around and say HHH did.... when its widely agreed upon that HHH spent many years burying all before him.
It wasn’t until 2005 and that run with Batista that Triple H finally started slowly putting people over and even then it was just Cena and Batista, he never convincingly put over Orton (Cena did btw).

John Cena is the guy you put someone up against to solidify their status, it helped Edge, Punk, Miz, Umaga, Sheamus.... As I said before would CM Punks pipe bomb or Edge’s rated R persona have worked if it was done against anyone else? Is it not that the Smarks sided with these guys even more so because it was against Cena?

Let’s now touch on the absolute nonsense of a suggestion that Cena should step away from the business. You’re complaining about the WWE alienating some of their audience, and yet here’s you saying Cena should step away from all his fans because he’s ‘done it all’.
Cena clearly loves what he does and there are people out there, as much as you don’t like it who love what Cena does, why on earth should he step away from all that?
What logical reason is there to do such a thing. The only reason people like Austin, Rock, Hogan stepped away was because of injuries and other career ambitions. Don’t make the mistake of thinking they stepped away because they were paving the way for others.

Cena will take a break one day, he’s not a machine, he’s gonna break down at some point but for as long as he’s healthy he should continue to wrestle and work as much as he can.

Last edited by Moscow08 : 04-10-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Moscow08 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #152 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,887
Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000
Default Re: John Cena hate

16 pages? Cena haters spend alot of time focusing on someone they hate.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful



DrIllmatic
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #153 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 651
Amazing End 96 501 - 1000Amazing End 96 501 - 1000Amazing End 96 501 - 1000Amazing End 96 501 - 1000Amazing End 96 501 - 1000Amazing End 96 501 - 1000
Default Re: John Cena hate

Cena deserves the heat, he Exploits poor sick kids and soldiers to stay at the top, there i said it
Amazing End 96 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #154 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
kakashi101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 968
kakashi101 251 - 500kakashi101 251 - 500kakashi101 251 - 500kakashi101 251 - 500
Default Re: John Cena hate

The problem is that with guys like Rock Austin and Hogan, fans chose them, with Cena, the WWE chose him and threw him our face. He'd be at least tolerable if he didn't keep getting unearned title reigns and burying everyone else on the roster

The fact is that Cena knows that he'll never be successful outside of wrestling. He can try to be like the Rock but the best he can do are shitty direct to DVD WWE Films. That's exactly why Cena refuses to put anyone over, his livelihood is at stake and he'll do anything to secure his top spot and wrestle into his 50's if he has to.
kakashi101 is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #155 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
kakashi101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 968
kakashi101 251 - 500kakashi101 251 - 500kakashi101 251 - 500kakashi101 251 - 500
Default Re: John Cena hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing End 96 View Post
Cena deserves the heat, he Exploits poor sick kids and soldiers to stay at the top, there i said it
You said it and it's absolutely true. Cena is a huge kiss ass and will suck anyone's dick as long as it means securing his top spot, he can't succeed outside of wrestling and he's going to do anything and everything to stay until he's in his 50's and maybe 60's
kakashi101 is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #156 (permalink)
Cult of Personality
 
Cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,311
Cobalt 1001 - 1500Cobalt 1001 - 1500Cobalt 1001 - 1500Cobalt 1001 - 1500Cobalt 1001 - 1500Cobalt 1001 - 1500Cobalt 1001 - 1500Cobalt 1001 - 1500Cobalt 1001 - 1500Cobalt 1001 - 1500
Cool Re: John Cena hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi101 View Post
You said it and it's absolutely true. Cena is a huge kiss ass and will suck anyone's dick as long as it means securing his top spot, he can't succeed outside of wrestling and he's going to do anything and everything to stay until he's in his 50's and maybe 60's
Please don't say that I've only had to put up with him for 2 years and some of you guys have had to put up with it a lot longer but of his gonna be around for that much longer God help us all!i
__________________

The Revolution is upon us.


Now: Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Cesaro, Zayn, Wyatts, Paige

All Time: CM Punk, Rock, Stone Cold, Y2J, Undertaker


CM Punk #BestInTheWorld 2006-2014
Cobalt is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #157 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
O Fenômeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,426
O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500O Fenômeno 2001 - 2500
Default Re: John Cena hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
16 pages? Cena haters spend alot of time focusing on someone they hate.
??

How many posts you have a page? 5? Mine is 7 pages long...I swear posters don't change their settings so they can pull the "___ many pages on so and so?? " shit.
__________________





Daniel Bryan is what's best for business.

O Fenômeno is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #158 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,588
AmWolves10 1001 - 1500AmWolves10 1001 - 1500AmWolves10 1001 - 1500AmWolves10 1001 - 1500AmWolves10 1001 - 1500AmWolves10 1001 - 1500AmWolves10 1001 - 1500AmWolves10 1001 - 1500AmWolves10 1001 - 1500AmWolves10 1001 - 1500
Default Re: John Cena hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing End 96 View Post
Cena deserves the heat, he Exploits poor sick kids and soldiers to stay at the top, there i said it
whoa! pipebomb! +repped
AmWolves10 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #159 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 651
Amazing End 96 501 - 1000Amazing End 96 501 - 1000Amazing End 96 501 - 1000Amazing End 96 501 - 1000Amazing End 96 501 - 1000Amazing End 96 501 - 1000
Default Re: John Cena hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi101 View Post
The problem is that with guys like Rock Austin and Hogan, fans chose them, with Cena, the WWE chose him and threw him our face. He'd be at least tolerable if he didn't keep getting unearned title reigns and burying everyone else on the roster

The fact is that Cena knows that he'll never be successful outside of wrestling. He can try to be like the Rock but the best he can do are shitty direct to DVD WWE Films. That's exactly why Cena refuses to put anyone over, his livelihood is at stake and he'll do anything to secure his top spot and wrestle into his 50's if he has to.
this also i feel he will hang on for ever simliar to Hogan so guys don't be suprised if he world champion and burying young when hes 50 1
Amazing End 96 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #160 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,887
Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000
Default Re: John Cena hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi101 View Post
You said it and it's absolutely true. Cena is a huge kiss ass and will suck anyone's dick as long as it means securing his top spot, he can't succeed outside of wrestling and he's going to do anything and everything to stay until he's in his 50's and maybe 60's
Cena released a rap album in 2005, that did good on the Billboard charts. He could easily leave wrestling for rap.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful



DrIllmatic
Combat Analyst is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios