Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Lucha Underground, Women of Wrestling Forums

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Trying to Impress Vince McMahon
 
Natsuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,373
Points: 2,426
                     
Re: Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character?

These super tough guy repackages never work out. Didn't work for Ziggler when he returned to brown, shorter hair either.

You either had the gimmick or you don't.

CM Punk vs. John Cena
Best Rivalry of 2011. Screw Rock vs Cena.

Live and Let Die.

I will forever Believe in The Shield
Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta


Natsuke is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Making James Ellsworth GET MY BAGS
 
Emotion Blur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Great Lakes
Posts: 4,309
Points: 429
                     
Re: Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Heathcliffe View Post
Maybe they are trying to show another side to him, that is, an arrogant annoying side but it's not working. The Miz and Jericho acting like little kids made me wanna punch them both in the gut.

Honestly, Barrett looks like a victim in all of these segments.

If this leads to him winning next week and defeating Jericho at Wrestlemania it will have been worth it.
Exactly, the problem with having an "arrogant side" in Barrett's case is that, aside of holding the IC title, he's been booked atrociously. What would he have to be arrogant about considering he's always losing him matches and constantly bullied by the faces. It's like WWE decided bare-knuckle brawler wasn't enough of a gimmick so they force him to take on the big movie star persona even though it doesn't fit him at all. And this entire "not in the trailer" gag has gone on for way too long, and it's made even worse how they just lazily pass it around to the faces just to really make Barrett look like a cunt. Miz stars in a shitty flop of a movie and it's nothing but annoying blind praise from Jericho, Barrett has a small part in a shitty flop of a movie and it's "hahaha, let's poke fun at him, what a loser!" It's an absolutely hypocritical, childish storyline (if you can even call it that, it's really just a weekly gag with seemingly no direction).

I could probably write a book on how illogical and pathetic Barrett's booking has been since his return (hell, even beginning with his return).

Emotion Blur is offline  
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Heel Turn on James Ellsworth
 
Alden Heathcliffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,479
Points: 2,120
                   
Re: Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emotion Blur View Post
Exactly, the problem with having an "arrogant side" in Barrett's case is that, aside of holding the IC title, he's been booked atrociously. What would he have to be arrogant about considering he's always losing him matches and constantly bullied by the faces. It's like WWE decided bare-knuckle brawler wasn't enough of a gimmick so they force him to take on the big movie star persona even though it doesn't fit him at all. And this entire "not in the trailer" gag has gone on for way too long, and it's made even worse how they just lazily pass it around to the faces just to really make Barrett look like a cunt. Miz stars in a shitty flop of a movie and it's nothing but annoying blind praise from Jericho, Barrett has a small part in a shitty flop of a movie and it's "hahaha, let's poke fun at him, what a loser!" It's an absolutely hypocritical, childish storyline (if you can even call it that, it's really just a weekly gag with seemingly no direction).

I could probably write a book on how illogical and pathetic Barrett's booking has been since his return (hell, even beginning with his return).
I'll ague worst booked wrestler this year. The year started out strong but they don't do anything with him, it's near pathetic.

His return was badly done as well. Did anyone want to see the Big Show as champion? Why not just give Barrett the main event push? He can handle it! It's infuriating.

Alden Heathcliffe is offline  
 
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I HAVE ALL THE GOLD! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nos Astra, Illium
Favourite(s): Bray Wyatt, Y2J, Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens
Posts: 81,921
Points: 21,095
                     
Re: Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character?

Vince loves humiliating anybody who's even remotely entertaining. He did it with Punk before they were FORCED to push him, he does it with Sandow, he does it with Barrett, he does it with Riley, he'll do it with Ambrose once the Shield breaks up, he'll do it with Wyatt, and on and on. I've given up on trying to figure out specific reasons why this person or that person gets fucked. It's always the good ones, which means he's just a dimwit booker.




Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 PM
I FEEL IT COMING
 
Oxi X.O.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: OCEANIA
Favourite(s): Eddie Guerrero
Posts: 13,702
Points: 15,127
                     
Re: Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Vince loves humiliating anybody who's even remotely entertaining. He did it with Punk before they were FORCED to push him, he does it with Sandow, he does it with Barrett, he does it with Riley, he'll do it with Ambrose once the Shield breaks up, he'll do it with Wyatt, and on and on. I've given up on trying to figure out specific reasons why this person or that person gets fucked. It's always the good ones, which means he's just a dimwit booker.
It just means you don't need wrestling ability or deep, interesting gimmicks, just elementary school jokes and a lot of air time.

THE MAN


Spoiler for Thoughts on People who try to overthrow my wrestlingforum.com wrestling fantasy games de-facto rulership:
[img][/img]
Oxi X.O. is online now  
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Heel Turn on James Ellsworth
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,067
Points: 159
                     
Re: Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
I've given up on trying to figure out specific reasons why this person or that person gets fucked.
I don't blame you. It must be tough, constantly having to come up with batshit loony excuses for why your favorite guys aren't wearing gold.

Couldn't you just use racism for all of them and call it a day?


I am an All Time Great.
Stanford is offline  
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Megalovania
 
obby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 17,270
Points: 13,685
                     
Re: Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character?

I expect the abuse to stop soon if this report of a Jericho - Barrett () match at WM is true



Pgba
obby is offline  
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
I HAVE ALL THE GOLD! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nos Astra, Illium
Favourite(s): Bray Wyatt, Y2J, Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens
Posts: 81,921
Points: 21,095
                     
Re: Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
I don't blame you. It must be tough, constantly having to come up with batshit loony excuses for why your favorite guys aren't wearing gold.

Couldn't you just use racism for all of them and call it a day?
Give me your theory then, since you seem to think you know everything.




Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 PM
TRANQUILO
 
Ham and Egger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Across The Sea
Posts: 17,675
Points: 9,424
                     
Re: Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character?

The guy is trash, its no surprise he is being used this way. His delusional gimmick is fitting, he's like his marks who thought he'd be more.




Quote:
I am the New Game. When I am defending my title I'm defending it in GOD MODE! -EC3
Ham and Egger is offline  
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Wheelman for James Ellsworth
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 617
Points: 66
     
Re: Why are they turning Barrett into a comedy character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Invader View Post
The guy is trash, its no surprise he is being used this way. His delusional gimmick is fitting, he's like his marks who thought he'd be more.
I agree. He is alright on the mic but he bores me to tears in the ring.
bulklogan is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome