Learning to break kayfabe
Join Date: Dec 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All The Times Cena Could Have Gone Heel
It's a commonly accepted fact that John Cena is not going to go heel until he turns 40, at least. That is four years away so we have a while. So I thought, why the heck not just rank the times he could have gone heel.
* 2006 - the Kid from Westnewberry: Lets call this incident Fuck You Cena. When a crowd goes all off like this, thebest thing to do is turn on them and shout fuck you bitch I' don't need you. Or some Boston crap like that. This was the first good time to turn Cena heel.
* 2009 - Big Show vs Cena for the millionth time: Boom bitch said Big Show as he came and pummeled John Cena, costing him the World Heavyweight Championship to rival Edge. The good thing about this opportunity, it would be random and bizarre. WWE could have ignored Show for Cena and gotten him to go on a rant about how he lost the gold he deserved because of a big fat jackass. This would have basically given him a lot of chances to feud with and put over up and coming guys at the time. Plus, at this time Cena was only developing into the Super Cena we all came to hate in 2010. The problem with this: it never would have happened as it would have required Cena to put some people over.
* 2009 - RKO'd in a Cage/Missouri Style: Losing your championship only a month after you got it! This would be a piss off for many, especially when you lose it in your first Hell in a Cell match and it's not against piece of shit. Cena's loss here would have gotten him to go heel and gone after face characters, allowing some other face to step in the main event scene to challenge Orton. Unfortunately, John did not want to stay out of the main event scene and his victory for the title a month later signaled that Super Cena was about 80 % on his way.
* 2010 - I WALK ALONE?/Batista Bombed: Losing your title four minutes after you got it to a fourty year old steroid jacked junkie who was only in it to leave after a short run because he didn't like little kids cheering on this guy who had suddenly become unstoppable like 2003's Kobe Bryant at a hotel in Colorado? Would piss a lot of people off. Again, it could have given somebody reasonable a shot at the limelight at WrestleMania instead of Cena again and it would have given a heel Cena a good feud and a way to become relevant again. The problem with becoming relevant again was that by this time John Cena was dead and from his ashes was borne Super Cena.
* 2010 - Your Either Nexus or Your Eating Ice Cream with Us: A whole feud that Randy Orton was stuck in the middle of provided numerous opportunities for John Cena to be heel. Instead the Miz came and CM Punk just got pissed off. I mean if CM Punk could just take over the Nexus, why couldn't John Cena. Bad storytelling erupted from good storytelling which would have stayed good with a heel Cena.
* 2012 - "Once" in a Lifetime: It was the Heat vs the Celtics! Except the Celtics did not go heel after losing the most important match in the history of their franchise. Instead they went on a horrible streak of getting their ass kicked while kissing ass in the new season to seal it off with an entrance in the Playoffs. I don't agree with going heel right away the next night, but gradually developing heel, starting with the loss and the ass kicking at the hands of Lesnar and Big Show, would have been very good storytelling.
* 2012 - AJ BOO BOO NO TITS: Being the sixth boyfriend of your girlfriends publicized television relationships and then being forced by her to be kicked in the head by a beach blonde cannot be too good for morale. Too bad instead of a vicious heel turn where he targets those who have wronged him (something that could make Twice in a Lifetime acceptable), we got I like blowup dolls at the Royal Rumble!