How would you react to Cena quitting? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Quiet Humanoids!
 
TehBrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sin City, Lost Wages
Posts: 788
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: How would you react to Cena quitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdoomsayerx View Post
What's that? Getting destroyed and hulking up? How many 5 or 4 star matches has Hogan ever had in his career? Hogan was a fucking joke in the ring.
Hogan trained with some great wrestlers for quite a while before ever stepping into a ring. He had his ankle broke by Hiro Matsuda his first day in training, and didn't let it stop him. He had to beg to get into wrestling, he paid his dues. He wasn't sting working out in a gym and having someone asking him if he wanted to wrestle. He worked the indies and the undercard of the wwwf. In the WWF he had a character, he played his character there. His character did not involve long mat wrestling spots or chain wrestling. He was "HULK" Name and half of the character taken from the big green guy in comic books.

I suggest you go watch some old Hogan AWA matches, some stuff from NJPW.. Inoki vs Hogan alone proves you wrong.


Cena however trained in a wrestling warehouse that pumped out more nameless muscle heads than the indies could handle. He, like sting, was a muscle head who was approached at the gym and told he could make money as a wrestler. He was pushed through his school over MUCH MORE talented and able wrestlers, because of his look, into the e, where he spent a short time in OVW before going to the show. He wasn't a wrestler for 5 years before he was the world Champion. He's had everything handed to him, without doing anything of note to recieve it. His character in no way limits him from showing off these wrestling skills you're talking about, yet unlike Hogan who actually had about a 5 move set he got labeled with the 5 moves of doom term. That right there should tell you that the guy sucks.

What do I care. If you can't see that hogan was more talented than you're really not worth the time.




TehBrain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
EATS WHILE HUNGER
 
SPAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Tone's Land
Posts: 10,316
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: How would you react to Cena quitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas View Post
That's a despicable thing to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin316 G.O.A.T View Post
That's pathetic
Is it?
Is it really?

His existence is pathetic.
SPAZ is offline  
post #33 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:42 AM
The Loose Cannon
 
UNDERNEATH THE CHRISTMAS KLEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charming
Posts: 5,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: How would you react to Cena quitting?


UNDERNEATH THE CHRISTMAS KLEE is online now  
post #34 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The bad neighbourhood in Hell
Posts: 1,953
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
             
Re: How would you react to Cena quitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin it View Post
I would chant yes for 10 hours and get drunk to celebrate
I plan something similar at wrestlemania.

I will chant no for 10 hours and get drunk to commiserate, when John wins the title.

Your opinions don't matter. I am right and everyone one not agreeing with me is a troll, or an idiot.

(Typical poster thought process)
silverspirit2001 is offline  
post #35 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 AM
Stand Up for the Boy in Green
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: dirty old town, dirty old town
Posts: 3,754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: How would you react to Cena quitting?

Everyone would rejoice.

and then Cena would turn up on raw the next week, coming down the ramp to his music holding a 'ticket' he got off some cop

Hollywood Hanoi is offline  
post #36 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
xdoomsayerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Best in the world: CHICAGO
Posts: 9,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBrain View Post
Hogan trained with some great wrestlers for quite a while before ever stepping into a ring. He had his ankle broke by Hiro Matsuda his first day in training, and didn't let it stop him. He had to beg to get into wrestling, he paid his dues. He wasn't sting working out in a gym and having someone asking him if he wanted to wrestle. He worked the indies and the undercard of the wwwf. In the WWF he had a character, he played his character there. His character did not involve long mat wrestling spots or chain wrestling. He was "HULK" Name and half of the character taken from the big green guy in comic books.

I suggest you go watch some old Hogan AWA matches, some stuff from NJPW.. Inoki vs Hogan alone proves you wrong.


Cena however trained in a wrestling warehouse that pumped out more nameless muscle heads than the indies could handle. He, like sting, was a muscle head who was approached at the gym and told he could make money as a wrestler. He was pushed through his school over MUCH MORE talented and able wrestlers, because of his look, into the e, where he spent a short time in OVW before going to the show. He wasn't a wrestler for 5 years before he was the world Champion. He's had everything handed to him, without doing anything of note to recieve it. His character in no way limits him from showing off these wrestling skills you're talking about, yet unlike Hogan who actually had about a 5 move set he got labeled with the 5 moves of doom term. That right there should tell you that the guy sucks.

What do I care. If you can't see that hogan was more talented than you're really not worth the time.


what you say is idiotic, saying Hogan didn't put on a good match in wwe because of his character? Nice. Cena has the same character and has had a handful of better matches than Hogan. Hogans moveset like cenas is lame, but at least cena can go a long time during a match instead of Hogan who couldn't barely last 25+ minutes rarely ever. Hogan has been knocked by plenty of guys about how terrible his wrestling ability is.

Hogans best match in wwf aren't even close to being better than any of these

Cena/punk MITB 2011
cena/taker vengeance 03
Cena/HBK WM 23
Cena/HBK raw 07
Cena/lesnar extreme rules
Cena/edge tlc 2006
Cena/Orton ironman match
Cena/angle no mercy 2003

Top 10 all time favorites:

Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Undertaker
Shawn Michaels
Chris Jericho
Brock Lesnar
Kurt Angle
HHH
Edge
CM Punk
Kane (98-04)
xdoomsayerx is offline  
post #37 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 AM
EATS WHILE HUNGER
 
SPAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Tone's Land
Posts: 10,316
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: How would you react to Cena quitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdoomsayerx View Post
what you say is idiotic, saying Hogan didn't put on a good match in wwe because of his character? Nice. Cena has the same character and has had a handful of better matches than Hogan. Hogans moveset like cenas is lame, but at least cena can go a long time during a match instead of Hogan who couldn't barely last 25+ minutes rarely ever. Hogan has been knocked by plenty of guys about how terrible his wrestling ability is.

Hogans best match in wwf aren't even close to being better than any of these

Cena/punk MITB 2011
cena/taker vengeance 03
Cena/HBK WM 23
Cena/HBK raw 07
Cena/lesnar extreme rules
Cena/edge tlc 2006
Cena/Orton ironman match
Cena/angle no mercy 2003

Yea Hogan is shit.

But Cena gets carried in his matches. Everyone you named is either a renowned great wrestler or really, really good at their role.
SPAZ is offline  
post #38 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: How would you react to Cena quitting?

Marking out.
The Cynical Heel is offline  
post #39 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:58 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
WWEUniverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Re: How would you react to Cena quitting?

cena will never quit , because once he even got stabbed into kidneys in a night club by jesus and he still he came back to win titles
WWEUniverse is offline  
post #40 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
YamchaRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Poland
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: How would you react to Cena quitting?

Confused and not happy at all, because that would mean we're getting either Sheamus or Ryback as the top face :lamar

Also, from the bottom of my heart I would feel sad for WWE. Losing the only real (fulltime, of course) star would be a disaster.
YamchaRocks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome