Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again? - Page 20 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #191 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Creepy Crawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, Tx.
Posts: 1,002
Creepy Crawl 501 - 1000Creepy Crawl 501 - 1000Creepy Crawl 501 - 1000Creepy Crawl 501 - 1000Creepy Crawl 501 - 1000Creepy Crawl 501 - 1000Creepy Crawl 501 - 1000Creepy Crawl 501 - 1000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

I'll keep it simple... no.
__________________

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!
RIP CLIFF BURTON - 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM ALL!

WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
Creepy Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #192 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,149
Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaneGaming View Post
WrestleMainia 29 - Getting Our Wins Back Staring John Cena And HHH
Yup, and guess what? The two Golden Boys deserve it to, so fuck off.
Elijah89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #193 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 244
Marston 101 - 250Marston 101 - 250
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Fuck no this match should not happen again.
Marston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #194 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,149
Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choc Lesnar View Post
This. I wouldnt even have a problem with Cena beating Rock clean if it were at Summerslam or Wrestlemania 30.
I guarantee that if Cena/Rock was gonna happen at WM 30 instead of this year, people would still bitch. Simply due to the fact that Cena is getting his win back. That is exactly why smarks do not want to see it again. This whole thing about "Once in a Lifetime" is just being used so they won't have to admit the truth.

And guess what, a Cena win is not really a sure thing. I kind of want him to keep losing big matches until he snaps on Taker at Mania 30.
Elijah89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #195 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,149
Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hardcore Show View Post
Only thing is Cena will no-sell The Rock once again as he has to hide behind the whole Rise Above Hate bullshit. At least Rock & Punk are bringing some sort of heat to this match. All John will do is pretty much what he did on Monday maybe he will complain some more that Rock is not here all time and it's unfair he's WWE Champion. The guy is pretty much a 35 year old man child these days.
What's wrong with being a man child? Life sucks, we need to be a little more lighthearted.
Elijah89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #196 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
RyderPunkRhodes201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roanoke, va
Posts: 175
RyderPunkRhodes201 50 - 100
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Yea I didn't want to see it the first time and when I did see it I was not empress. So I really don't want too it again what gonna happen vince gets his millions of dollers cena make his 2000 comeback when the belt for 100 time have his wrestlmania moment wwe goes back to super cena saga nobody get a push no eyes get draw back to the product and its 2005-2011 all over again
__________________
#Areyouseriousbro?


Woo! Woo! Woo! You Know It
RyderPunkRhodes201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #197 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,149
Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFranticJane View Post
Let's be honest, it's true. I'll admit that Austin had a good run.
But I legitimately don't think anyone has had the longevity and mass market appeal of Hulk Hogan until John came onto the scene.

Austin's run, as lauded as it was, was met with derision from numerous special interests groups. Whereas John is praised for his charity work, seen as a role model and beloved by children and adults worldwide.

In years to come, the kids you all hate will speak about John Cena the way you speak about The Rock and Steve Austin.

I get it, you don't like John's work. You think he's hokey, he lacks in-ring technical skills. But so did Hogan, Warrior, Andre, and they're rightly regarded as legends nowadays.
All I'm saying is give him a chance, don't be so quick to judge!
You are awesome. I thought I was the only one here who was not afraid to support Cena in an anti Cena atmosphere. And guess what? We both are usually right.
Elijah89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #198 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 690
Trumpet Thief 1001 - 1500Trumpet Thief 1001 - 1500Trumpet Thief 1001 - 1500Trumpet Thief 1001 - 1500Trumpet Thief 1001 - 1500Trumpet Thief 1001 - 1500Trumpet Thief 1001 - 1500Trumpet Thief 1001 - 1500Trumpet Thief 1001 - 1500Trumpet Thief 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFranticJane View Post
HAD. WAS.
Rock left that life behind when he went off to Hollywoodland, put on a pink tutu and made a horses ass of himself.
And then he saunters back in and just gets GIVEN a title shot, just gets GIVEN a win over the biggest name in wrestling since Hulk Hogan.

Wrestling is a business that moves quickly, just because you USED to be a somebody, it doesn't give you the right to piss on everyones parade in the here and now.
It was wrong when Hogan did it and it's wrong when Rock's doing it now.

His past contributions do not excuse his glory-hoggishness.
Goddamnit, don't make me do this.

Despite all of my dogging on Cena, I do think that he has the ability to be absolutely captivating (Money in the Bank 2011, ECW One Night Stand vs. RVD). I think that he can wrestle an amazing match (when he puts in his effort), and I think that he's an overall charismatic and important part of the WWE.

I'm only saying this because I don't want you to think that I'm short-selling Cena when I say the rest of this.

First off: Rock, in his years of activity in the WWE, made more of an impact that Cena could EVER. This is affirmed by the fact that The Rock is one hell of a successful actor, while Cena isn't. This is affirmed by the fact that the audience almost unanimously supports The Rock, while Cena gets the shitty mixed reaction every other week. This is affirmed by the fact that virtually everyone pretty much acknowledges that the 'cream of the crop superstars' (Taker, Austin, Rocky, etc.) of the Attitude Era mean more than the 'cream of the crop superstars' of the present era. I'll gladly support the notion that this generations superstars are mighty fine talented, but I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that The Rock's continued relevance is what proves all of this.

Second of all, I don't get why we have to insult Rock following his dreams in the movie world. He accomplished his dreams in wrestling, and on top of that, he wanted to become an actor. He had to star in some pretty shitty roles (The Tooth Fairy), but eventually, he clawed his way to the top. It's funny how no one calls him out for his blockbuster roles (Fast 5, for example). How can we insult a man who was forced to do some crappy things to rise up? Rock had a shitty gimmick when he first entered the WWF too: should we hold that against him? Hell, Cena's mic skills were good but I'll stress that his old rapper gimmick was pretty fucking stupid at times (I'm sure I'll get slain for holding that opinion, not entirely sure why). Everyone has to work from the bottom. Call out Rock for his 'Pink Tutu' but I'll watch that movie over watching that fucking dreadful Cena promo on this week's RAW.

Rock would not have to be a glory-hog if the superstars of this era were of his caliber, when it comes to downright famousness. I'll hold that some of my favorite superstars are of this era. Some of the best mic-workers and wrestlers ever. But the thing is, if everyone were above Rock in marketability, and overall presence (in the world at large), then he wouldn't be able to saunter in and 'ruin everyone's parade' in the first place. The fact that he matters shows you that the current product has failed. I'll put that blame more on creative than on the wrestlers, but my gut instinct tells me that Cena should have enough pull to be able to make his own promos. In fact, I believe that every promo that guy cracks is his own brainchild. With that in mind, you say that Rock's "past contributions do not excuse his glory-hoggishness".

I say that Cena's "current contributions" don't deserve a top spot, and are a good explanation for why Rock's program with CM Punk is much more captivating than Cena's "I'M GOING TO WIN THE ROYAL RUMBLE!!11" shtick.
Trumpet Thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #199 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
omaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,629
omaroo 501 - 1000omaroo 501 - 1000omaroo 501 - 1000omaroo 501 - 1000omaroo 501 - 1000omaroo 501 - 1000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Hell no, for the simple reason I don't want that goofball going over the rock. Why? Because he DOESN'T deserve to.
__________________
omaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #200 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
B. [R]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ocala
Posts: 511
B. [R] 251 - 500B. [R] 251 - 500B. [R] 251 - 500
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Only if someone turned heel, and it sure as heel isn't gonna be The Rock. Honestly I'd rather not, because I always want the image of that first match in my mind to be The Rock standing on the turnbuckle with his fist raised in the air in victory.
B. [R] is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios