Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again? - Page 17 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #161 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
itssoeasy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,710
itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

I understand many people don't want Cena/Rock to happen again because they don't like Cena. But, Cena should have won last year and they could have done away with it. The Rock would have still came out the next night and said he's challenging for the WWE Championship. Nobody would have though less of him since he lost to a guy who's been booked like superman for the last eight years. It's not like he would have lost to a jobber like Yoshi Tatsu, he lost to John Cena. Hell, Hogan lost to Rock at Wrestlemania 18 and he won the WWE Championship a month later.

The only other time I can think of WWE putting over a wrestler from the past era over the previous era in a big time match was Hogan beating Randy Orton. And, well all know Hogan's ego, so that's not a shock.
__________________


HE'S GO THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I also can't believe how much you let Cena ruin your own lives by doing what he does.

You all may make fun of people with "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!" for the young kids or marks or whatever, but you guys are even worse than them. You have this deep-seeded legitimate rage for Cena and his fans to the point where you let it affect your day to day life.

Grow up. Seriously.
Quote:
If you don't understand why John Cena wins all the time, maybe professional wrestling is not for you.
itssoeasy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #162 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
LeCutlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 101
LeCutlock 0 - 49
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbequegirl View Post
The match was bad and didn't really impress me. Rock hadn't wrestled for like a decade, and Cena isn't a carrier.
had taker hhh not been on the card that would have been match of the night.
LeCutlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #163 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,048
The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssoeasy23 View Post
I understand many people don't want Cena/Rock to happen again because they don't like Cena. But, Cena should have won last year and they could have done away with it. The Rock would have still came out the next night and said he's challenging for the WWE Championship. Nobody would have though less of him since he lost to a guy who's been booked like superman for the last eight years. It's not like he would have lost to a jobber like Yoshi Tatsu, he lost to John Cena. Hell, Hogan lost to Rock at Wrestlemania 18 and he won the WWE Championship a month later.

The only other time I can think of WWE putting over a wrestler from the past era over the previous era in a big time match was Hogan beating Randy Orton. And, well all know Hogan's ego, so that's not a shock.
No the reason why they put the Rock over Cena is because they think the fans want to see 3 matches between these two. Also all Cena said for a year was The Rock could not beat him at Wrestlemania so if he won the first match what would that have proven? Getting Cena to walk out and say I told you so?
__________________


http://www.wrestlingforum.com/7652556-post59.html

This explains everything I dislike about John Cena.
The Hardcore Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #164 (permalink)
The Face Of The Company
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,718
Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssoeasy23 View Post
That's how I feel too.

Putting The Rock over Cena was essentially say "this era blows, the Attitude Era was WAYYY better."
Not to mention they made The Rock screw Cena over twice with not comeuppance. It's the only time I could remember WWE putting a superstar from the last era over a superstar from the present era.
What's wrong with telling the truth? :/
__________________
Choke2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #165 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,048
The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
What's wrong with telling the truth? :/
In his eyes it's not and Rock should have put Cena over as the generations Hogan or Austin. He does not understand the plan was for them to work three matches together so don't be shocked if Cena vs Rock III happens at next year's Wrestlemania with Cena retiring The Rock or something like that.
__________________


http://www.wrestlingforum.com/7652556-post59.html

This explains everything I dislike about John Cena.
The Hardcore Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #166 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
doinktheclowns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,628
doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000doinktheclowns 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

The only way I would approve is if it was behing closed doors with no cameras.
__________________
doinktheclowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #167 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
itssoeasy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,710
itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hardcore Show View Post
No the reason why they put the Rock over Cena is because they think the fans want to see 3 matches between these two. Also all Cena said for a year was The Rock could not beat him at Wrestlemania so if he won the first match what would that have proven? Getting Cena to walk out and say I told you so?
Hell, I don't want to see three matches between the two. They should have had it at Wrestlemania 27 and been done with it. Waiting a year build killed alot of anticipation for it, not to mention the bickering between the two. They should have had Rock come back, challenge Cena to a match at WM 27. Had Cena win and at WM 28 Rock could have challenged for The Streak or even the WWE Championship. It's like like a feud with Cena is the ONLY thing they can do with The Rock going into Wrestlemania.

But unfortunately Rock won last year, so it makes sense for the top face to get his biggest win of his career.

Cena winning would have proven that he is the top guy of this company and he's beaten them all besides ending the Streak. They would have booked him as he should be booked, as the top guy who's unstoppable. Making Rock win made no sense but put over The Rock and the Attitude Era a superior to the current era. Which makes no sense at all. It's like if they put over Hogan over Rock at WM 18, same thing. No, they put over the present over the past at that show. For some reason, they put the past over the present which WWE hardy ever does, especially at big time shows.

As for the aftermatch: They could have had him be all happy because he's done with The Rock. have him say his next goal is the WWE Championship. Than, when he's about to leave, Brock Lesnar's music hits. It's basically the night after WM 19 all over again, but Cena doesn't threaten to leave. Lesnar comes back, and wins at Extreme Rules. They have Lesnar dominate Cena, and injure him to the point where he'll take time off. Since Lesnar beat the top face, he runs rough-shot over the entire company, winning the WWE Championship from Punk at Summerslam.

The only reason Cena won at Extreme Rules was because he lost at Wrestlemania to The Rock.
__________________


HE'S GO THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I also can't believe how much you let Cena ruin your own lives by doing what he does.

You all may make fun of people with "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!" for the young kids or marks or whatever, but you guys are even worse than them. You have this deep-seeded legitimate rage for Cena and his fans to the point where you let it affect your day to day life.

Grow up. Seriously.
Quote:
If you don't understand why John Cena wins all the time, maybe professional wrestling is not for you.

Last edited by itssoeasy23 : 01-24-2013 at 05:52 PM.
itssoeasy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #168 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
itssoeasy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,710
itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
What's wrong with telling the truth? :/
Because you can't move on while living in the past.
__________________


HE'S GO THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I also can't believe how much you let Cena ruin your own lives by doing what he does.

You all may make fun of people with "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!" for the young kids or marks or whatever, but you guys are even worse than them. You have this deep-seeded legitimate rage for Cena and his fans to the point where you let it affect your day to day life.

Grow up. Seriously.
Quote:
If you don't understand why John Cena wins all the time, maybe professional wrestling is not for you.
itssoeasy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #169 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
paulborklaserheyma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 780
paulborklaserheyma 251 - 500paulborklaserheyma 251 - 500paulborklaserheyma 251 - 500paulborklaserheyma 251 - 500paulborklaserheyma 251 - 500
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hardcore Show View Post
In his eyes it's not and Rock should have put Cena over as the generations Hogan or Austin. He does not understand the plan was for them to work three matches together so don't be shocked if Cena vs Rock III happens at next year's Wrestlemania with Cena retiring The Rock or something like that.
Yep. I can totally see Rock/Cena third time in a lifetime happening.
__________________
paulborklaserheyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #170 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,048
The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Tell me, does anyone here really want to see Rock vs Cena again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssoeasy23 View Post
Hell, I don't want to see three matches between the two. They should have had it at Wrestlemania 27 and been done with it. Waiting a year build killed alot of anticipation for it, not to mention the bickering between the two. They should have had Rock come back, challenge Cena to a match at WM 27. Had Cena win and at WM 28 Rock could have challenged for The Streak or even the WWE Championship. It's like like a feud with Cena is the ONLY thing they can do with The Rock going into Wrestlemania.

But unfortunately Rock won last year, so it makes sense for the top face to get his biggest win of his career.

Cena winning would have proven that he is the top guy of this company and he's beaten them all besides ending the Streak. They would have booked him as he should be booked, as the top guy who's unstoppable. Making Rock win made no sense but put over The Rock and the Attitude Era a superior to the current era. Which makes no sense at all. It's like if they put over Hogan over Rock at WM 18, same thing. No, they put over the present over the past at that show. For some reason, they put the past over the present which WWE hardy ever does, especially at big time shows.

As for the aftermatch: They could have had him be all happy because he's done with The Rock. have him say his next goal is the WWE Championship. Than, when he's about to leave, Brock Lesnar's music hits. It's basically the night after WM 19 all over again, but Cena doesn't threaten to leave. Lesnar comes back, and wins at Extreme Rules. They have Lesnar dominate Cena, and injure him to the point where he'll take time off. Since Lesnar beat the top face, he runs rough-shot over the entire company, winning the WWE Championship from Punk at Summerslam.
Well first off Brock Lesnar was not going to run through anyone because of the type of contract he has. The reason Cena beat him was to get him off of TV which looking back at it now was not a wrong move considering how they built Lesnar/Triple H.

Now as far as booking Cena has he should in your option Cena had his run as the unstoppable babyface in 2006-2007. In 2012-2013 there is no reason John Cena should still be unstoppable you add that to how guys come out of feuds with him looking like shit and it would make the show very hard to watch. But like I said this most likely this is going to be trilogy which is why The Rock won the first match. As far as it not happening in 2011 I think that was WWE's call they wanted to hype a main event match a year out before it happened.
__________________


http://www.wrestlingforum.com/7652556-post59.html

This explains everything I dislike about John Cena.
The Hardcore Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios