Daniel Bryan is the best. - Page 14 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #131 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,002
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agmaster View Post
Heh, what's a Cena from 2004-2009? What has that guy done for us lately? Come on people, your bias is bleeding out like a hardon. On both sides. But objectively speaking, DBD never gets crickets. No matter what. So calling him mediocre or blase is laughable.

Especially when you compare Punk who can't get booed to save his life, Cena who everyone is just too dumb to realize that by being silent he would go away (ooh my bias...noone wants cena around anymore...they just dont know how to say that). What's left? has beens and part timers? I'll even give Sandow his due. Rolling after so many moves is slick. But name a crappy DBD match. Then explain specifically what you see to define it as crappy. THEN bring up who you say is better, and watch me decimate your arguments. Even lampshading my bias. This is sad, but consensus is a pipedream.

Also, I can explain yes and no. It's his ACTING that is so good. His refusal to agree with the crowd. He interacted with them. DBD has what is hard for badasses to emote...comedic timing. And unlike abusers of it (legends, i mean) he (despite how much he yells) uses it with subtlety. I honestly don't know how you don't understand agreeing and disagreeing with whatever he going to do.
No one wants Cena anymore.

This is why WWE doesn't listen to the IWC. If they fired Cena they would be broke.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #132 (permalink)
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Getting shit done
Posts: 3,795
Andre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
I never said his character was good. Infact I made it clear that I hate what WWE are doing with him. And Kane for that matter, but he still remains to be popular. And thars why he is GOLD.
Yeah, but you said that he needs to ditch the comedy character and get "serious". Comedy didn't prevent Steve Austin and Kurt Angle from being main event stars, so the fact that you claim he needs to ditch the goofy character suggests that your subconcious tells you that he's not the best. Take away "yes"/"no" and he's not that over. Let's not kid ourselves here.

CM Punk also says hello, for that matter (the original one that is). Not that I'm a massive mark of his but he's difficult to put Bryan over Punk.
__________________
ONLY JOHN RUDDY CAN SAVE YOUR DEBATE FROM ANDRE
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #133 (permalink)
Ignore me. I'm on acid.
 
Stone Cold Steve Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Park
Posts: 11,638
Stone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a push
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKANDRE View Post
It was a smark crowd. Heel Cody was getting cheered, as an example.

Why would I need to "grow up" when I've given a fair and balanced assessment of Bryan's abilities (unlike most people in here)?



Congratulations on making your whole thread/argument irrelevant, Kentonbomb

If he's the best then he would be able to prove it by making his comedy character buyable. Kurt Angle and Steve Austin say hello.

The Austin/Angle comparison is a little off. Austin never used comedy to get over, he just used it when necessary. Angle also mostly used his in ring ability to get over more than the comedy. As for Bryan, he's only been here over 2 years, it's not as if his career is on the downslide. He has several years left in him and there is no way to know how much bigger he can get.
Stone Cold Steve Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #134 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,002
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaMark View Post
Cena is an abomination on the mic..his serious promos dont even make sense. Never did unless when thanks charity organizations. Thats it. Carlito killed jim on the mic before the Sheamus 2009 TLC match...Barrett destroyed him on the mic every fucking week during the Nexus storyline in 2010....Edge and Lita murdered him on the mic in 2006....Jesse Ventura came back and killed him on the mic before the Sheamus match....The Rock had Boston chanting Fruity Pebbles at the idiot. Cenw has never been more entertaining on the mic than Bryan was when he was World Champion last year and never will be.
You're just a mass Cena hater? Where is Carlito now if he killed Cena on the microphone? You claim Edge kileld him on the mic, when that's no shame because Edge is a world class mic worker who has claimed that Cena brought out the best in him. Jesse Ventura didn't kill Cena on the microphone. All he said was that Cena hogs the spotlight. And people chant anything the Rock says. That's more a testament to the Rock's own ability, rather than killing Cena.

You're overrating Bryan. Get Cena's promos from his feud with Edge, Batista, JBL, HHH, Angle, HBK, Edge, Lesnar, The Rock, and tell me he doesn't know how to work a microphone.

Bryan's good on the microphone but the guy is using one word to get over. If Cena didn't have any mic skills, then Mason Ryan would be World Champion.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #135 (permalink)
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Getting shit done
Posts: 3,795
Andre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.W.H. View Post

The Austin/Angle comparison is a little off. Austin never used comedy to get over, he just used it when necessary. Angle also mostly used his in ring ability to get over more than the comedy. As for Bryan, he's only been here over 2 years, it's not as if his career is on the downslide. He has several years left in him and there is no way to know how much bigger he can get.
Nah, the Austin comparison is relevant seeing as he portrayed a goofy jack ass in 2001. Bryan fans seem to suggest that he was just as over pre "yes" so it's a relevant comparison. That's unless you're all going to change tact in order to suit this new argument

Angle achieved practically everything that there is to achieve within the same time that Bryan has spent in WWE, so the "2 years" argument is also negated.

How good/over/much of a draw he's going to be in the future is a pointless thought in this discussion because the thread isn't talking about potential or the future, the op is suggesting that DB is the best now.
__________________
ONLY JOHN RUDDY CAN SAVE YOUR DEBATE FROM ANDRE

Last edited by Andre : 01-24-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #136 (permalink)
Ignore me. I'm on acid.
 
Stone Cold Steve Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Park
Posts: 11,638
Stone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a push
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Well, I never claimed he was the best right now. Punk is the best.
Stone Cold Steve Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #137 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Alkomesh2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,077
Alkomesh2 needs to make some friendsAlkomesh2 needs to make some friendsAlkomesh2 needs to make some friendsAlkomesh2 needs to make some friendsAlkomesh2 needs to make some friendsAlkomesh2 needs to make some friendsAlkomesh2 needs to make some friendsAlkomesh2 needs to make some friendsAlkomesh2 needs to make some friends
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
I don't see the humor. I literally don't. He has an emotional disorder...so? Things need context, you can't just present something and expect us to think its hilarious. In real life, tons of people have anger problems-why is it in Bryan's case we're supposed to think its funny? Because he gets mad? Fuck me, I get mad on a regular basis, I must be the reincarnation of Groucho Marx. Would you like to see a good example of funny anger management?



I can easily identify why this is funny. Its an eclectic group of mismatched individuals all assembled together against their will to complete an anger management program. The situation is completely ridiculous-you've got a wannabe white gangster, a fat school boy (Cartman), a goth elementary student, a Chinese restaurant owner, a conservative redneck, a macho bodybuilder and a feminist, and they've all got anger problems. The episode eventually reveals that the reason everyone is so pissed off is because the American average penis size currently classifies them as below average. When this is highlighted, the government fudges the numbers and changes it so that 1.5 inches is considered average, which makes everyone above average...except Cartman. While everyone else celebrates their new found above average masculinity, Cartman totally loses his shit. However, this is all found out after the anger management group goes on a rampage, taking a local post office hostage and attempting to burn it down. The whole thing is so completely exaggerated and bizarre, and yet it ties together nicely so that it makes perfect sense. The humor comes from the exaggeration and the satire of real life-we know that people don't just get angry from having a small dick, but they make the situation seem so simple in such an off beat way that its hilarious. Notice, too, that everyone actually acts like they're pissed off, what with the whole hostage situation and attempted murder...

What exactly is supposed to be funny about Bryan? He got badly booked at Wrestlemania to get buried, so he gets thrown into a feud with CM Punk when the company realizes that actually got him over. Eventually, he gets overshadowed by AJ and decides to ask her to marry him. She dumps him at the altar. Now suddenly we're told that Bryan has major anger problems and has to go to therapy to try and control them. Wait, what? The worst we'd ever see prior was that Bryan took offense to getting insulted when likened to a goat...a totally normal reaction. But no, we have to make Bryan actually seem crazy now. After all, HE'S IN THERAPY, AND ONLY CRAZY PEOPLE ARE IN THERAPY. So let's just have him chant Yes at the shrink and in his anger management sessions and then see a goat in a Rorschach test. He's random-LAUGH AT HIM. Oh wait, we're not done. Now he and his therapy partner, Kane, are going to be paired up! What a hilarious odd couple tandem-its two guys with anger problems (one guy who legitimately seems crazy through 15 years of build up, the other we're just supposed to believe some half assed story and events) and they have to coexist! What a completely original idea, pairing together two guys who are so different and yet so alike!

Please identify the humor in this. Really, go ahead and try. Is it Bryan complaining about being made fun of when someone says he looks like a goat? I'd say that's maybe a one time slight chuckle the FIRST time you hear it. Is it because he's crazy? He doesn't do a good job of conveying it. On top of that, why is he crazy? Because the fans do a chant when he comes out? People used to chant 'asshole' at Triple H, Vince, Rock, any top heel. Why does it bug Bryan? Furthermore, how in God's name does something like that transform you into a crazy character? Is it because Bryan gets angry? People get angry on a daily basis, why is it supposed to be funny in his case? He acts like...tons of people regularly do. There's nothing humorous or special about it, its extremely routine. South Park was funny because their reaction was so extreme and outlandish (taking hostages at a post office due to insecurity of the size of their penises). On top of all of this, pro wrestling is SUPPOSED to be angry and rage driven. When people tune in, they want to see intensity and emotion, and one of the easiest ways to convey this is to show anger. "Hogan beat me up, stole my girlfriend and spray painted me. I'm gonna kick his fucking ass for being a douchebag." Well, that's simple and identifiable. Its only in today's bullshit WWE where its been so sanitized of any feeling and connection with the characters that we see someone try to get angry to try and sell a feud and instead of it being taken seriously, we're told to laugh at it.

And yeah, I'm gonna play the Attitude card. Were we ever told to laugh when Austin came out and threatened to cripple Vince and assault every member of the Corporation? What about when Mick Foley screamed at the Rock that he'd have to kill him to take his title? Or when Triple H demanded Cactus Jack put his career on the line because he was wanted to end it? We loved those feuds and moments. Now, getting angry or showing emotion is a bad thing. Take a lesson from the top guy-when bad shit happens, when you have the worst year of your career, when you lose the biggest match of your life, how do you react?



Kill me.

Back to Bryan...He screams yes and no...what's the point of that? That he's supposed to control his 'anger' (and its probably the worst representation and faking of anger I've ever seen) and instead he doesn't and let's it get the best of him? If so, why doesn't he just launch into a tirade and verbally rip someone apart instead of acting like a fucking retard and screaming YES and NO? What if to control my anger I hit the deck and start flopping around like a chicken with its head cut off? That makes about as much sense as screaming yes and no.

One of the other thing about this idiotic persona is that is it so completely unconvincing. I'm watching wrestling, I know full well not to expect Citizen Kane on a regular basis, but come on. Bryan looks like he goes out there and says "ok, let's do angry", and what results is the lamest attempts at conveying the emotion of rage in history. He sounds, if anything, a little bit off put.

Glad to see my Dane Cook theory is proven true. Only mental deficients who like Cook would love Bryan.

And comparing Bryan to Angle is so insulting to Kurt. Kurt had charisma out the wazoo and was about a million times more interesting than D-Bry.



What was stupid. Won't lie.

Let's translate these.

Gimme a hell yeah-say hell yeah if you agree with me.

And that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so-that's the last I'm saying on the subject, I'm right, fuck you.

It doesn't matter-whatever you have to say is absolutely meaningless.

If ya smell what the Rock is cookin'-do you understand what I mean?

I am the Game, and I'm that damn good-I am professional wrestling embodied, that's why I'm so amazing at it.

You're welcome-I am taking the initiative to say you're welcome before you've had a chance to thank me for being a patronizing jerk, whereas I see it as taking the time to make you a better person, which is why you should thank me.


When broken down, these actually make total sense, whether they be catchphrases or insults.

YES and NO, on the other hand...make absolutely zero sense. Once upon a time, they kind of did. Bryan once said "I'm going to call it the YES lock because once you're in it, I'll ask if you submit, and you'll scream YES. Finally, some fucking explanation. I doubt anyone remembers that anymore since its NEVER mentioned. And why is NO in existence? It, along with YES, stand for absolutely nothing. Its just something meaningless to yell at the crowd. In fact, I think he started saying NO just because the crowd said YES. So what is Bryan, opposite man? They yell UP, he yells DOWN. They yell THIN, he yells FAT. They shout YOU'RE A CHOCOLATE MIDGET, he screams I'M A VANILLA MIDGET. Except...that's not what they're trying to convey...at all...he's supposed to be crazy, but bellows out random crap that has no reasoning or substance behind it...nothing about this fucking character makes sense.
1. The anger management skits with Kane and D'Bry got old eventually but they had some amazing moments to begin with, if you didn't find Kane retelling his life story funny then... I mean dunno, that was probably the funniest thing I've seen in WWE for a long time. The humour was supposed to be that its funny to see the crazy characters of the WWE in a more normal everyday context, I mean the very concept of a monster who can create fire having to go through anger management seems kinda funny on its face, guess thats not your type of humour but I don't see you can't see how that could be funny to others.

2. D'Bry's current character is a bit silly, its meant to be to appeal to kids, not his choice I'm sure just an unfortunate bi-product of WWE's increased focus towards children.

3. D'Bry has already far surpassed Kurt Angle by so much it isn't even funny, Kurt is awesome and all, but D'Bry is just a step above thanks to his understanding of in ring physiology and ability to tell a compelling story between the ropes and I just don't understand how you can deny that D'Bry is charismatic as hell, he got over huge while the WWE were trying to bury him. Unlike Cena he wasn't just booked on top until people liked (little kids like winners) him he got himself over through charisma, talent and a hell of a lot of hard work.
__________________


"Thats not right, Vickie's not a stick figure!" - Michael Cole
Alkomesh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #138 (permalink)
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Getting shit done
Posts: 3,795
Andre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.W.H. View Post
Well, I never claimed he was the best right now. Punk is the best.
That's fine, but it doesn't make any of your claims less pointless, if anything it makes them more so
__________________
ONLY JOHN RUDDY CAN SAVE YOUR DEBATE FROM ANDRE
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #139 (permalink)
checking the male
 
samizayn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: B+
Posts: 9,853
samizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth reading
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

The reason Daniel Bryan is so popular is because he "gets it", and he showed that in 2012 on a repeated basis. You don't need mic skills to connect with an audience, so his speaking abilities or lack thereof are irrelevant because he gets to the end point, and very effectively so.

I don't particularly understand the hate for his current position, he's been a key part in reviving the tag team division and at this point the longer he stays here the more over he gets. My prediction is they disband him from Hell No in the post-Wrestlemania period, and it's only upwards from there for him.
__________________

samizayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #140 (permalink)
Ignore me. I'm on acid.
 
Stone Cold Steve Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Park
Posts: 11,638
Stone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a push
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Most people seem to think they will fight at Mania, but not me. I think they will split after losing at Mania, then face off at Extreme Rules in a no holds barred match of some kind.
Stone Cold Steve Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios