Daniel Bryan is the best. - Page 13 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #121 (permalink)
It's OK to be Takei.
 
Stone Cold Steve Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Park
Posts: 11,931
Stone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth reading
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Rattlesnake View Post
Daniel Bryan is the greatest wrestler of all time. He has more charisma then The Rock, more toughness then Austin, more ring presence then The Undertaker, more innovation then Michaels. He can carry anyone. when he held the world title it was above the WWE title. The guy puts bums in seats and viewers tune in. Daniel "Ratings" Bryan is the best.

I know you're being a little sarcastic, but you're not as wrong as you probably think.
Stone Cold Steve Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #122 (permalink)
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,245
THANOS has posts worth readingTHANOS has posts worth readingTHANOS has posts worth readingTHANOS has posts worth readingTHANOS has posts worth readingTHANOS has posts worth readingTHANOS has posts worth readingTHANOS has posts worth readingTHANOS has posts worth readingTHANOS has posts worth readingTHANOS has posts worth reading
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
I personally don't get how you guys don't want to take a power drill to your ears when Bryan starts screeching YES and NO. Its so unbelievably annoying. How can people identify that as "awesome" or "comedic genius"? There's no substance behind it. Maybe I'll go to wrestling school, get hired and my character can chant "THE". It makes about as much sense as YES/NO, and apparently all you have to do to be considered good on the stick these days is shout something random and stupid. Oh and make jokes comparing yourself to a domesticated farm animal. Maybe I'll call myself a rooster and make a bunch of cock jokes.

On second thought, there are people who would say Dane Cook is funny (4 words that should under no circumstances be in succession), so I guess some find the promo equivalent of dangling your shiny keys in front of a toddler 'entertaining'.
The thing with Bryan is his delivery has improved amazingly since his ROH days, and this cartoon gimmick, has allowed hiw charisma to improve and shine through. It's obvious that his material is quite trivial and kiddy, but I don't know how anyone could argue my above points. I mean, do remember, this is the same guy who once gave this promo...



Also, on the general topic, I will say that Bryan is amazing in multiple areas for and probably has the best chance at being a funny/serious mega star in the vein of Angle or Rock than anyone else in the company bar maybe Sandow, but, currently, I'd put Punk above him as the best in the company. Sandow would be slightly below Bryan just because how great Bryan is in-ring.
__________________
"Return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood."



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock


Mark for: Daniel Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Bray Wyatt, Kevin Steen, Ambrose, The Kings of Wrestling (Hero and Cesaro), Damien Sandow, BNB, Rollins, Austin Aries, Kane, Brock, Solomon Crowe, Big E, Enzo Amore, Sami Zayn, Prince Devitt.

Last edited by THANOS : 01-24-2013 at 10:26 AM.
THANOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #123 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Agmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,697
Agmaster needs to take rep more seriousAgmaster needs to take rep more seriousAgmaster needs to take rep more seriousAgmaster needs to take rep more seriousAgmaster needs to take rep more seriousAgmaster needs to take rep more seriousAgmaster needs to take rep more seriousAgmaster needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Heh, what's a Cena from 2004-2009? What has that guy done for us lately? Come on people, your bias is bleeding out like a hardon. On both sides. But objectively speaking, DBD never gets crickets. No matter what. So calling him mediocre or blase is laughable.

Especially when you compare Punk who can't get booed to save his life, Cena who everyone is just too dumb to realize that by being silent he would go away (ooh my bias...noone wants cena around anymore...they just dont know how to say that). What's left? has beens and part timers? I'll even give Sandow his due. Rolling after so many moves is slick. But name a crappy DBD match. Then explain specifically what you see to define it as crappy. THEN bring up who you say is better, and watch me decimate your arguments. Even lampshading my bias. This is sad, but consensus is a pipedream.

Also, I can explain yes and no. It's his ACTING that is so good. His refusal to agree with the crowd. He interacted with them. DBD has what is hard for badasses to emote...comedic timing. And unlike abusers of it (legends, i mean) he (despite how much he yells) uses it with subtlety. I honestly don't know how you don't understand agreeing and disagreeing with whatever he going to do.
__________________
WWE is filled with 'Good Ol' Boys' in power positions. It is just how it is, and I will keep calling WWE, Pro Wrestling in USA, as well as some of it's fans out on this because it is bollox. I do notice an apparent effort being made to mitigate this somewhat, but time will ultimately tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max314 View Post
I'm sick of anything that's been around longer than two weeks.

Last edited by Agmaster : 01-24-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Agmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #124 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Mrs. Austin Aries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Formerly from Tokyo
Posts: 950
Mrs. Austin Aries needs to take rep more seriousMrs. Austin Aries needs to take rep more seriousMrs. Austin Aries needs to take rep more seriousMrs. Austin Aries needs to take rep more seriousMrs. Austin Aries needs to take rep more seriousMrs. Austin Aries needs to take rep more seriousMrs. Austin Aries needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

What is the point of such posts other than to instigate an argument? You'd serve your favs better by at least rephrasing the statement. Any time you say "So and so is the best" you're just asking for the vultures to swoop in. There is no actual best, because it's subjective. It's like saying someone is the most beautiful in the world. Even if you looked at every single person in the world and decided, there would still be no definitive choice because it would be based on personal preference. Some of the "best" wrestlers aren't even in the U.S. for a start. So if someone's looking at just a single promotion, or just a single continent's wrestlers, how can they really know who the best in the world is?

"Does anyone else think Daniel Bryan is the best?" makes more sense to me.
__________________
Pro-wrestling is almost dead. Or maybe it died already and didn't realize it.
Mrs. Austin Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #125 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
KeepinItReal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,254
KeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaMark View Post
What the hell is entertaining about Sandow? The thing is that he seems fresh because he's new but I've seen his gimmick before. It belonged to the Macho Man's brother aka the Genius and it was MUCH more memorable than this. Sandow has a long way to go...doesn't have stand out matches and his one stand out promo was with the Rock. He's nowhere near Bryan's level or especially Bryan's heel run where he just outperformed everyone every fucking week on that mic with ease.
When will ppl realize that its not bad to use a gimmick that hasn't been used in 20 yrs? And Sandow's awesome, btw. I think Bryan's better overall, but Sandow's awesome.
__________________
WWE favorites: Punk, Sheamus, Lesnar, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns,
Del Rio, Orton, Bryan, Ziggler, Wyatt, Usos, Cesaro, Mysterio, Kane
DGPW: Doi, Yoshino, Tozawa, Yamato, Dragon Kid, BxB Hulk, Ricochet, Super Shisa
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #126 (permalink)
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: WF retirement home
Posts: 3,816
Andre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin it View Post
People saying he is only over because of a catchphrase is silly. Same goes for Ryback then. Bryan has connected with the crowd and found a character that I find funny. One of the few people who has got me through some awful Raw's this year.
He wasn't that over until the "yes" schtick started. He got a good pop from the smark Chicago crowd at MITB 2011, but apart from that I struggle to remember him receiving such strong reactions pre-December 2011(in WWE that is, all of you smarks and ).

I can't disregard his in ring skills because they are simply world class. However, he's mediocre at best on the mic and his current run as the goof ball is becoming tedious as fuck, yet the latter point should really be blamed on WWE's creative team.

Does he have the potential to be "the best"? Possibly, but he's certainly not at that level right now.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #127 (permalink)
It's OK to be Takei.
 
Stone Cold Steve Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Park
Posts: 11,931
Stone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth readingStone Cold Steve Austin has posts worth reading
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

How come every time a real 'wrestler' get a pop, it's gotta be smarks? Grow up, they're fans, not smarks.
Stone Cold Steve Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #128 (permalink)
Smarter Than The Average Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,431
King Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friends
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKANDRE View Post
He wasn't that over until the "yes" schtick started. He got a good pop from the smark Chicago crowd at MITB 2011, but apart from that I struggle to remember him receiving such strong reactions pre-December 2011(in WWE that is, all of you smarks and ).
So I take it you were deaf for a short period of time when the fans were chanting "DANIEL BRYAN!" at every live opportunity during his release back in 2010? It was that strong, that WWE rehired the guy. Because the fans recognised TALENT.

Nobody gave a fuck about Nexus, they were all chanting for D-BRY. The real star of NXT. And by the way, nobody is talking about his current character. Yes its bad. Serious Bryan is where its at. I want Bryan Danielson, not this Tom and Jerry bullshit.
King Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #129 (permalink)
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: WF retirement home
Posts: 3,816
Andre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

It was a smark crowd. Heel Cody was getting cheered, as an example.

Why would I need to "grow up" when I've given a fair and balanced assessment of Bryan's abilities (unlike most people in here)?

Quote:
And by the way, nobody is talking about his current character. Yes its bad
Congratulations on making your whole thread/argument irrelevant, Kentonbomb

If he's the best then he would be able to prove it by making his comedy character buyable. Kurt Angle and Steve Austin say hello.

Last edited by Andre : 01-24-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #130 (permalink)
Smarter Than The Average Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,431
King Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friendsKing Bebe needs to make some friends
Default Re: Daniel Bryan is the best.

I never said his character was good. Infact I made it clear that I hate what WWE are doing with him. And Kane for that matter, but he still remains to be popular. And thars why he is GOLD.
King Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios