My problem with The Rock (and The Rock's fans) - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
B. [R]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ocala
Posts: 556
B. [R] should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsB. [R] should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsB. [R] should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsB. [R] should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: My problem with The Rock (and The Rock haters)

Idk man, you have your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, if they really gave him the reigns and the freedom to just go all out on the mic and let it go, then he would end up burying every single talent on the roster. Even more so than him just being there doing what he's doing now, because even though what he delivers in promos is sometimes cliche yes, he brings an intensity, PASSION and starpower that many in the current roster couldn't hope to bring to the table in a million years.

In short, him being there makes the entire roster look extremely lame by comparison, indirectly burying them with fans as a result. The exact opposite of what he's there to do.

The man draws, because he has the charisma to make people watch even years after the fact that he was one of the biggest acts in the company. Everyone has gotten over the nostalgia to realize that they still mark out, because he really is that damn good at what he does. Hell, if anything his Smackdown promo today should have shown everyone that he can make extremely entertaining TV and not rely on his catchphrases every single time out. Hell, it doesn't even matter that CR and Sandow took his finishing moves, they got a hell of a rub just being in the fucking ring with him.

So he may not entertain you, but he does me and every single one of his fans. Therefore, you are entitled to have your opinion, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily valid. Just enjoy CM Punk vs. The Rock for what it has been thus far, sheer entertainment value and stop with the negative bullshit.

Last edited by B. [R] : 01-11-2013 at 11:50 PM.
B. [R] is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
ROGERTHAT21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,242
ROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missed
Default Re: My problem with The Rock (and The Rock haters)

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well OP, Shazayum made you look like a fool. Nice try though.

You do realize he is playing a character, right? He's a trash-talking, loudmouthed, and slightly metrosexual showman. I've never understood why people complain about Rock pandering to fans. A lot of the things many claim he does to pander were things he did to piss off fans back in his heel days (People's Champ, People's Elbow, etc.). It just so happens that he got over as a face and he kept those things and used them to his advantage. Like catchphrases. You can complain about them all you want, and you can complain about his schtick being boring all you want, but the majority of the audience loves it. That's why he still does it. Why fix something that isn't broken? Because you're fickle? Nope.

Yeah, he insults his opponents. You're also missing the part where he puts them over more than anyone else ever will. Did you listen to what he said in his segment with Punk? He put him over more than the oommentary team, Triple H, Vince McMahon, and John Cena ever did in mere minutes.

It's nice that you decided to nitpick so that you'd actually have some viable reason to not like The Rock. Which you don't. But that's fine, you don't have to like him. That's your decision and its your right to have it. But you don't need to come up with nonsense reasons to justify your dislike. Just say you don't like him and move on.
__________________

Sig Credit: Bubba-3D
ROGERTHAT21 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
I think it's time to set this world on fire
 
(just) BANTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 1,253
(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: My problem with The Rock (and The Rock haters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cricket View Post
His insults are obviously limited due to PG era.
Of course they are, but that doesn't stop me from thinking they're cringeworthy and pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. [R] View Post
Idk man, you have your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, if they really gave him the reigns and the freedom to just go all out on the mic and let it go, then he would end up burying every single talent on the roster. Even more so than him just being there doing what he's doing now, because even though what he delivers in promos is sometimes cliche yes, he brings an intensity, PASSION and starpower that many in the current roster couldn't hope to bring to the table in a million years.

In short, him being there makes the entire roster look extremely lame by comparison, indirectly burying them with fans as a result. The exact opposite of what he's there to do.

The man draws, because he has the charisma to make people watch even years after the fact that he was one of the biggest acts in the company. Everyone has gotten over the nostalgia to realize that they still mark out, because he really is that damn good at what he does. Hell, if anything his Smackdown promo today should have shown everyone that he can make extremely entertaining TV and not rely on his catchphrases every single time out.

So he may not entertain you, but he does me and every single one of his fans. Therefore, you are entitled to have your opinion, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily valid. Just enjoy CM Punk vs. The Rock for what it has been thus far, sheer entertainment value and stop with the negative bullshit.
Well I haven't saw his promo on Smackdown yet, but if you say that he managed to cut a promo and be entertaining without the use of his catchphrases then I'll be sure to watch it and then perhaps he might sway me, but until then I'm standing by my point regardless of you or any other person telling me to cut my 'negative bullshit' which is my opinion. You don't have the right to judge my opinion valid or invalid, nor do I have the right to judge your opinion valid or invalid. So stop that.
__________________
(just) BANTER is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Moron
Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,205
Shazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missed
Default Re: My problem with The Rock (and The Rock haters)

Why do you think him using catchphrases is bad? People love it and it'll only bother you if you're looking for it to bother you.
Shazayum is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
B. [R]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ocala
Posts: 556
B. [R] should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsB. [R] should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsB. [R] should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsB. [R] should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: My problem with The Rock (and The Rock haters)

Quote:
You don't have the right to judge my opinion valid or invalid, nor do I have the right to judge your opinion valid or invalid. So stop that.
Fair enough, however you're running down a man who has contributed so much to the superstars. Its like rogerthat said, all Cena did was nearly bury Punk on the mic since he turned heel. But all it took was 5 mins on that promo on Raw to put Punk over more so than anyone has since he became somebody. That's what The Rock does for superstars, so I do have the right to call what you're saying negative, because it is.
B. [R] is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
I think it's time to set this world on fire
 
(just) BANTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 1,253
(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: My problem with The Rock (and The Rock haters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERTHAT21 View Post
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well OP, Shazayum made you look like a fool. Nice try though.

You do realize he is playing a character, right? He's a trash-talking, loudmouthed, and slightly metrosexual showman. I've never understood why people complain about Rock pandering to fans. A lot of the things many claim he does to pander were things he did to piss off fans back in his heel days (People's Champ, People's Elbow, etc.). It just so happens that he got over as a face and he kept those things and used them to his advantage. Like catchphrases. You can complain about them all you want, and you can complain about his schtick being boring all you want, but the majority of the audience loves it. That's why he still does it. Why fix something that isn't broken? Because you're fickle? Nope.

Yeah, he insults his opponents. You're also missing the part where he puts them over more than anyone else ever will. Did you listen to what he said in his segment with Punk? He put him over more than the oommentary team, Triple H, Vince McMahon, and John Cena ever did in mere minutes.

It's nice that you decided to nitpick so that you'd actually have some viable reason to not like The Rock. Which you don't. But that's fine, you don't have to like him. That's your decision and its your right to have it. But you don't need to come up with nonsense reasons to justify your dislike. Just say you don't like him and move on.
It's people like you that really IRK me. Pretentious fans that think they know everything, that think that the person they are marking for or defending are the be all and end all of everything. Here's a little news flash to you, you don't know everything. "Did you realise that The Rock is playing a character?" Do you think I'm 5 years old? Perhaps the audience does love it, and so what? I don't. Other people don't. Are you saying we're not allowed to air our 'grievances', so to speak? Are we not allowed to complain just because we're going against the grain, just because we don't have an opinion that you like? Don't be ridiculous. And explain how Shazayum made me look like a fool... is it because he has an opinion that you like?

Okay I don't like him, and I've given reasons for me not liking, instead of telling ME to move on, (and brace yourself for the hypocrisy, which I'm admitting right now), why don't you just move on without rendering my opinion obsolete and invalid...? Double standards.
__________________
(just) BANTER is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 156
chambillgame is an after thoughtchambillgame is an after thought
Default Re: My problem with The Rock (and The Rock haters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. [R] View Post
In short, him being there makes the entire roster look extremely lame by comparison, indirectly burying them with fans as a result. The exact opposite of what he's there to do.
Then perhaps they deserve to be buried. They are the ones who need to step up. Get over by improving, not by lowering the overall standard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death
No, people enjoy it so it's fair play. The people here are so concerned about "putting over young stars" that they forget to enjoy the moment while it's there. If there's star power problem in the future, it's WWE's concern and not yours, stop worrying so much about that and just enjoy the show instead. No wonder WWE can never win with everyone because most are just looking for some super technical explanation on why something was not done right.
chambillgame is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
-
 
Mr.Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,323
Mr.Cricket has posts worth readingMr.Cricket has posts worth readingMr.Cricket has posts worth readingMr.Cricket has posts worth readingMr.Cricket has posts worth readingMr.Cricket has posts worth readingMr.Cricket has posts worth readingMr.Cricket has posts worth readingMr.Cricket has posts worth readingMr.Cricket has posts worth readingMr.Cricket has posts worth reading
Default Re: My problem with The Rock (and The Rock haters)

Face Punk's insults weren't any better either.

Remember his "you're ugly, dumb, and have no friends" insult? That was way pathetic.
__________________
Mr.Cricket is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
I think it's time to set this world on fire
 
(just) BANTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 1,253
(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here(just) BANTER better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: My problem with The Rock (and The Rock haters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazayum View Post
Why do you think him using catchphrases is bad? People love it and it'll only bother you if you're looking for it to bother you.
It's not necessarily bad. I just don't like it, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. [R] View Post
Fair enough, however you're running down a man who has contributed so much to the superstars. Its like rogerthat said, all Cena did was nearly bury Punk on the mic since he turned heel. But all it took was 5 mins on that promo on Raw to put Punk over more so than anyone has since he became somebody. That's what The Rock does for superstars, so I do have the right to call what you're saying negative, because it is.
You do indeed have the right to call what I said negative, even I'll admit that it's negative. Maybe The Rock does put superstars over, infact I'll admit that he does. But then again I didn't say that he didn't. I'm running him down, yes, I'll admit that.
__________________
(just) BANTER is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Moron
Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,205
Shazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missedShazayum probably won't be missed
Default Re: My problem with The Rock (and The Rock haters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cricket View Post
Face Punk's insults weren't any better either.

Remember his "you're ugly, dumb, and have no friends" insult? That was way pathetic.
Punk pretending to throw up was terrible, worse than a lot of things Cena does. He was a decent face aside from that.
Shazayum is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios