Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better? - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: ?

Rock/Cena 28-3-2011 32 15.53%
Rock/Punk 7-1-2013 174 84.47%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 01-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #61 (permalink)
HE'S FAT
 
Rocky Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,645
Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

the Rock/Punk promo is much better than any Rock/Cena promo in terms of content, delivery and exchange

however, in terms of the memorable moment, Rock/Cena is much bigger by far, it was so surreal seeing them in one ring for the very first time, it was the most anticipated confrontation (MAYBE) in the history of wrestling
__________________
Rocky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #62 (permalink)
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pricks.
 
HeliWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Walsall, UK
Posts: 1,662
HeliWolf 501 - 1000HeliWolf 501 - 1000HeliWolf 501 - 1000HeliWolf 501 - 1000HeliWolf 501 - 1000HeliWolf 501 - 1000HeliWolf 501 - 1000
Default Re: Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

Rock/Punk by miles and miles. It's like comparing a Spike Dudley vs Hardcore Holly match from Sunday Night Heat to Rock/Austin X7.
HeliWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #63 (permalink)
HE'S FAT
 
Rocky Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,645
Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Rock/Punk easily.

Not only because I love both Punk & Rock,But because you could actually feel the tension between the two and you've actually got many who believe Punk despises Rock legit ever since his shoot in 2011.Rock/Cena was just a random dream match made to make Cena haters/Rock marks happy while Rock/Punk actually feels real.Also Rock/Punk lacked Cena and thats always a plus since Cena always does find a way to annoy the hell out of me.


but I get what you meant

Rock/Cena was just a dream match, but when it became reality it was bad, however Rock/Punk you could sense that it's more of an old school wrestling feud
__________________
Rocky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
WWE_champ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: bizarro land
Posts: 3,000
WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mark View Post
the Rock/Punk promo is much better than any Rock/Cena promo in terms of content, delivery and exchange

however, in terms of the memorable moment, Rock/Cena is much bigger by far, it was so surreal seeing them in one ring for the very first time, it was the most anticipated confrontation (MAYBE) in the history of wrestling
Exactly.

You know , I would've liked to see a heel Cena against Rock. Not pseudo heel like , he was in their feud but a no-holds barred heel. That's always how I envisioned their feud.
Being the "fruity pebble" face limited the potential of the feud, IMO.

Lucky for Punk , he's a heel in this feud which gives him an edge going into this feud.
__________________


Witnessed it, live!
WWE_champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #65 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
TheShield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 165
TheShield 0 - 49
Default Re: Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

There is absolutely no part of The Rock Vs Cena that will be better than The Rock Vs CM Punk.

For me The Rock Vs Cena highlighted how inept John Cena is a top guy and is simply there because of US Army, Casual, Kids fans. Because Cenas promos, mic skills and in ring ability for the entire 1 year feud was terrible. Cena proved that he couldn't hold his own with greats of the past The Rock proved he still had it.
__________________

CM Punk - Dolph Ziggler - Daniel Bryan - Cody Rhodes - Damien Sandow - Seth Rollins - Wade Barrett - Dean Ambrose - Roman Reigns - Christian - Alberto Del Rio



Shawn Michaels - Stone Cold - Chris Jericho - The Undertaker - Bret Hart - Roddy Piper -- Mick Foley

Yokozuna - British Bulldog - Macho Man Randy Savage - Eddie Guerrero


Samoa Joe - Bully Ray - Sting - Austin Aries

Paul Heyman - Jim Cornette - Paul Bearer



Green for Green
TheShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #66 (permalink)
It's Coming.
 
Bob the Jobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,111
Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

The more traditional heel/face dynamic in the Punk/Rock feud allows them to really shoot off at each other without worrying about the jockeying for position that is found in a face/face feud. Punk's promo was top notch, Rock brought the crowd energy into it and their interactions look legit with great chemistry. Where Cena/Rock seemed to be more about not tarnishing the other guy too much, this looks to be a feud with the gloves off. The intensity is much higher than Cena/Rock, but it obviously lacks the enormity due to the drop in star power.
Bob the Jobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #67 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
WWE_champ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: bizarro land
Posts: 3,000
WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500WWE_champ 1001 - 1500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShield View Post
There is absolutely no part of The Rock Vs Cena that will be better than The Rock Vs CM Punk.

For me The Rock Vs Cena highlighted how inept John Cena is a top guy and is simply there because of US Army, Casual, Kids fans. Because Cenas promos, mic skills and in ring ability for the entire 1 year feud was terrible. Cena proved that he couldn't hold his own with greats of the past The Rock proved he still had it.
Sure, Cena has been past "stale" point but no matter what you say or want to believe, it remains a fact that Cena was , at one time, pushed by the fans.

Why do you think most of the IWC had a hard on for the guy ( oh yes, they did,at one time) and wanted to see him feud with The Rock ? Because Cena was on fire and a great mic worker. He still is. just saddled as the ultimate babyface of the company.

Punk and Cena are both great mic workers but also two completly different characters. Would most like Punk's promos if he was saddled as the penultimate babyface? We already had people groaning when he went through his plain face phase.

Punk is great on mic there's no denying it. But, I really find it annoying that just because Cena is a stale cheesy babyface, no one remembers how he made his way to the top, in the first place. Short term memory at it's best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Jobber View Post
The more traditional heel/face dynamic in the Punk/Rock feud allows them to really shoot off at each other without worrying about the jockeying for position that is found in a face/face feud. Punk's promo was top notch, Rock brought the crowd energy into it and their interactions look legit with great chemistry. Where Cena/Rock seemed to be more about not tarnishing the other guy too much, this looks to be a feud with the gloves off. The intensity is much higher than Cena/Rock, but it obviously lacks the enormity due to the drop in star power.
Word.
__________________


Witnessed it, live!

Last edited by Clique : 01-13-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: double post
WWE_champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #68 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
the modern myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 8,990
the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

I definitely prefer Punk/Rock. That said, the Cena/Rock promos had a totally different dynamic because, first of all both men were playing faces and, secondly, because of how epic the Cena/Rock feud was (two of the biggest names in WWE working a year long build up). The Punk/Rock rivalry is more traditional in terms of face/heel. Plus, both men are famous for being great talkers.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt9zbhgZAW1qmssh1o1_400.jpg
the modern myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #69 (permalink)
Paradise
 
Nostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,717
Nostalgia 10001 - 10500Nostalgia 10001 - 10500Nostalgia 10001 - 10500Nostalgia 10001 - 10500Nostalgia 10001 - 10500Nostalgia 10001 - 10500Nostalgia 10001 - 10500Nostalgia 10001 - 10500Nostalgia 10001 - 10500Nostalgia 10001 - 10500Nostalgia 10001 - 10500
Default Re: Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

I preferred the Rock/Punk promo. And unlike the Cena/Rock feud, I actually care about this Punk/Rock feud and I'm fairly invested in it so far. Can't wait for the Rumble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Jobber View Post
The more traditional heel/face dynamic in the Punk/Rock feud allows them to really shoot off at each other without worrying about the jockeying for position that is found in a face/face feud. Punk's promo was top notch, Rock brought the crowd energy into it and their interactions look legit with great chemistry. Where Cena/Rock seemed to be more about not tarnishing the other guy too much, this looks to be a feud with the gloves off. The intensity is much higher than Cena/Rock, but it obviously lacks the enormity due to the drop in star power.
Well said.
__________________
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #70 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
FoxyRoxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 291
FoxyRoxy 251 - 500FoxyRoxy 251 - 500FoxyRoxy 251 - 500FoxyRoxy 251 - 500FoxyRoxy 251 - 500
Default Re: Rock/Cena (28/3 Raw) or Rock/Punk (7/1 Raw),Which promo better?

Cena/Rock was a dream match for me to see both of them in the ring for the first time was epic.

But it never lived up to my expectations, mostly because I wanted Cena to be a heel.
I reckon Punk and Rock will have many good promos together
Rock and Cena was mostly just disappointing, boring and repetitive.
__________________

FoxyRoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios