CHECK OUT THE RATINGS Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here] - Page 33 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #321 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Falkono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,343
Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblonde09 View Post
Ha, making up convenient excuses for Dwayne's poor numbers, I see. If Rock wasn't involved in that overrun, you would've shit all over it.


I wouldn't even bother with him. Not only is he a Punk-hating, troll... he genuinely believes over half a million people tuned in especially to see Ryback in the TLC match, and to see his shitty promo this week - despite the Divas taking up most of the quarter, and Ryback not even being advertised.
What is with all this Punk hater/troll crap. You use that expression to try and imply someone is wrong because they don't share the same like of someone as you. Where because you like him therefore you have to be right....way to argue!

To see Rock and Punk numbers better read the breakdown for the week before.
"The Punk interview before Rock came out did a 3.17 rating"
"The Rock/Punk segment back and forth did a 3.67 quarter rating"

So before Rock came out it was a 3.17 and after he came out it was a 3.67.
To try and imply Rock brought in less viewers then Punk this week even though there was a previous segment where Punk lost viewers is just stupid....
Falkono is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #322 (permalink)
Crumbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Infraction City
Posts: 12,542
Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
Okay so let me put it like this.....

If say Rock was wrestling Brodus Clay would you fast forward it? If Stone Cold was wrestling him? If Undertaker was wrestling him? If HBK was wrestling him? Hell even if Brock was wrestling him? You know you wouldn't so why is Punk any different? It isn't about who they are wrestling it is about the individual. Because by your own logic if Punk goes back to the mid-card and wrestles people around that level you will fast forward them. Meaning how much of a Punk fan would you really be? A draw is someone who pulls in viewers no matter who they face.

Secondly i'm not a Punk hater. I think he isn't as big a deal as people on here try and make out. Some people try and put him in the same bracket as people like Rock and Stone Cold and he shouldn't be there. Hell he is having the longest reign of any champion since 1983. Do I think he is that good? Hell no. So it isn't about hating him it is about pushing someone who isn't actually that good. So when these type of numbers come up it backs up that belief that other people don't think he is that big a deal either. 2012 was up there with the worst years in terms of entertainment level and ratings. Punk was champion for the entire year. That isn't saying he is to blame, far from it. It is saying he is one of the many reasons.

As for the English lesson, many thanks....But YOUR (not you're) opinion is wrong.
I probably would. Just like I fast forward other pointless matches on the card. If I was to DVR, I wouldn't watch anything unless results or people on here suggested me too. Like Ziggler/Cena cage match, I'd have stopped and watched that mainly due to the fact it is a cage match on Raw.

I'd usually just watch for the promos alone and some of The Shield. Punk won't be going down to the mid card and if he does, I'd be fuming with the WWE for doing that to one of the best talents they have to offer. In fact, I'd want him to pack his bags and walk out of that fucked up company.

Who on here has put him in that bracket. Go get me some quotes. NO ONE puts Punk in that bracket. Heck, people don't even put fucking Cena in that bracket. You not thinking he is that good just sum this all up. I understand if in your opinion you're not a fan of him, but how can you straight up say he is not good. The guy is the best on the mic in the company and quite easily the most entertaining superstar they have right now, by a landslide. You may think that regarding 2012, but for me it was one of the best years for WRESTLING. You know, it is a wrestling company after all and there were many many 4 star + matches.

I don't see how he is one of the reasons. He is being who he is. You can blame those shitty Hollywood writers and the so called "creative" team they have though. I'm quite surprised you haven't churned out the usual bullshit of "PG IS KILLING DIS COMPANY"
Cookie Monster is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #323 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,395
Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi Juice View Post
Can you read? Punk's segments gained viewers. Only his match against Clay lost some viewers, but who can blame them, Clay is boring as fuck. They only lost 100,000. Hell, Kingston's match lost 1 MILLION viewers.
Right, so when he has segments with others and it gains viewers, the credit goes to him. But if it's the same scenario and viewers go away, it's all down to however he was in the ring with.

Totally makes sense. 3
__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #324 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Falkono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,343
Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyZo View Post
Simple Punk is there every week so if you miss him wrestle this week, don't worry you can see him next week. The same cant be said about Taker, Rock, Austin, Brock, etc you fucking troll.
But they were there every week for years. People wanted to watch them no matter what they did. That is the difference.

You guys are now saying people only want to watch the current guys if they are fighting top guys i.e adding a condition to it.

If people like someone they will tune in no matter what they are doing. It shows how popular something/someone is.

As for the troll comment....what a way to make your argument (or lack of one) seem more plausible...
Falkono is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #325 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Felpent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,124
Felpent 50 - 100
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread 2013

No point in blaming Punk for low ratings. Yes he is the champion and he doesn't draw but who else can you replace him with? Anyone wants to see Rock/Ryback for Rumble? Rock's typical lame comedy vs feed me more crap? No thank you. Punk/Rock is the best option.

Besides Punk is just there to drop the WWE title to the Rock anyway.
__________________
Felpent is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #326 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England
Posts: 876
purple_gloves 251 - 500purple_gloves 251 - 500purple_gloves 251 - 500purple_gloves 251 - 500
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
But they were there every week for years. People wanted to watch them no matter what they did. That is the difference.

You guys are now saying people only want to watch the current guys if they are fighting top guys i.e adding a condition to it.

If people like someone they will tune in no matter what they are doing. It shows how popular something/someone is.

As for the troll comment....what a way to make your argument (or lack of one) seem more plausible...
Do you have any evidence to support this? Any breakdowns from the Attitude Era that show Rock gaining in random matches against jobbers? I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying you can't really use that if you don't know for sure that it did happen.

The way I see it at the moment is, there are some Punk fans who are on his cock way too much, and there are some Punk haters who are way too critical of him. One wrestler being a huge tv draw on his own, is very rare, and people seem to forget this. Punk is clearly not one of them, but he is the best they have got at the moment and is a fantastic heel whether he draws or not.
__________________
Cena is crap.

purple_gloves is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #327 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
funnyfaces1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,262
funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000funnyfaces1 7501 - 8000
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread 2013

90% of the people in this thread would fail a basic college statistics course.
funnyfaces1 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #328 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,610
murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread 2013

Falkono has a point. Best example is a random HHH vs Taka in the middle of the show on Raw in 2000 (Much like Punk vs Clay this week). Hunter was there wrestling twice on TV each and every week (Punk only wrestles one time a week on TV). And Taka was even less charismatic and less over than Clay.

And still, Hunter/Taka was a huge success (both in the ratings and live) and Punk/Clay wasn't. Can Punk defenders or anybody claiming the champ is not important to the ratings in general explain this situation?
murder is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #329 (permalink)
Crumbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Infraction City
Posts: 12,542
Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000Cookie Monster 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
Falkono has a point. Best example is a random HHH vs Taka in the middle of the show on Raw in 2000 (Much like Punk vs Clay this week). Hunter was there wrestling twice on TV each and every week (Punk only wrestles one time a week on TV). And Taka was even less charismatic and less over than Clay.

And still, Hunter/Taka was a huge success (both in the ratings and live) and Punk/Clay wasn't. Can Punk defenders or anybody claiming the champ is not important to the ratings in general explain this situation?
It's no where near the same. Taka was an unbelievable worker and one of the best in the company at the time. Him and HHH had a superb match which MAIN EVENTED Raw. I still watch it on Youtube and it was a superb TV match, it bares no comparison whatsoever to Clay/Punk.

If Punk had been spouting his mouth off and say someone like Tyson Kidd challenged him for the title back stage and it main evented Raw, THEN you could compare. plus I wouldn't even DVR that because that would be one of the matches of the year. Especially if it was somewhere hot, imagine it being in Canada.

Tyson Kidd would like a million bucks like he always does given the chance, you give him a few false finishes, the crowd go absolutely ape shit, only for CM Punk to end up winning, maybe even add some sort of dirt form in there to get the Canadian crowd really buzzing.
Cookie Monster is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #330 (permalink)
DIRK
 
The Lady Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,151
The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread 2013

Are people really trying to compare HHH/Taka to Brodus/Punk?
__________________




Credit: A$AP
The Lady Killer is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios