CHECK OUT THE RATINGS Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here] - Page 190 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #1891 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,300
Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFall View Post
Edit: Lol 101%
It being 101% proves it to be 100% fake (no pun intended). I created this using paint a few months ago, so when I say it's easy, I mean it.

__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #1892 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
NearFall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,295
NearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
3

101%? ok.

As for the Lesnar/HHH vs Taker/Punk discussion. They did pretty similar numbers on TV because it was the first time we saw Taker on TV in almost a year, but the second biggest and most promoted match is Lesnar/HHH. They planned and booked this program 3 months ago, Taker/Punk is booked like a last minute decision to get a streak match on the card.
I never even noticed the 101% until you said it. Oh well.

As for Lesnar/HHH vs Taker/Punk. It is odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post


Taker/Punk = 3.5, 3.2, 3.4

HHH/Brock = 3.6, 3.6, 3.2
Taking these numbers Lesnar/Triple H has an average of 3.46, Punk/Undertaker has an average of 3.36. So numbers wise, they are pretty much the same. As for a booking standpoint (placement), they have flip-flopped between each other. However Triple H/Brock is being presented as a bigger deal at the moment. Undertaker/Punk does not even seem to fully sell "The Streak". Punk keeps mentioning it in promos however his emphasis is on disrespect and Undertaker hardly talking is hurting the feud. It just doesn't come across well. Whereas Triple H/Brock seems more consistent and "full" with the feud direction/storyline. As for placement on the final WM card, WWE probably sees it as: Punk and The Streak VS Possible HHH retirement. We will have to see how they value each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
It being 101% proves it to be 100% fake (no pun intended). I created this using paint a few months ago, so when I say it's easy, I mean it.

Haha. Good use of paint!
__________________


Thanks Punk

Quote:
Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 2m
I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest.

Last edited by NearFall : 03-29-2013 at 03:50 PM.
NearFall is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #1893 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 6,187
Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
As for the Lesnar/HHH vs Taker/Punk discussion. They did pretty similar numbers on TV because it was the first time we saw Taker on TV in almost a year, but the second biggest and most promoted match is Lesnar/HHH. They planned and booked this program 3 months ago, Taker/Punk is booked like a last minute decision to get a streak match on the card.


I'm not saying you're wrong, but so far the build has been pretty equal between HHH/Lesnar and Taker/Punk. They've been given practically the same amount of build. Both programs have main evented the show, however it is easier to build the Punk/Taker program because Lesnar is a part timer and misses some weeks of TV. It'll be interesting to see how they build these two programs on the final RAW.

I'm hoping a segment involving all four, it only makes perfect sense.

lol Starbuck, you're talking as if your opinion is completely logical and 100% the truth, and anybody that dares disagree with you is a LOLMARK and somebody who can't use any logical thinking. I agree with Rawk and think he's making a lot more sense in his breakdown of the numbers, but it must be because I'm a biased Punk mark. It just has to be.
__________________





best.

Wrestlinfan35 is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #1894 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,794
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Of course I'm talking like what I'm saying is completely logical. It is. And so far nobody has been able to present anything to make me question what I have said. I'm open for debate. That much should be obvious by now. I like to discuss things and can easily be swayed to an opposing opinion if it makes sense. All this however, doesn't and the only people who think it does are being biased. You are lol. I only wish one or both of you would just come out and say it and we could be done with this. Instead we're stuck with Rawk trying to present an unbiased view with skewed and partial logic. It's nonsense.

I haven't been biased in anything I have said. I haven't tried to position one match over another. I have treated all 3 equally. I was consistent in everything I said. I was logical in everything I said. I explained everything I said. I was impartial in everything I said. I haven't changed my position. I haven't contradicted myself. I haven't cherry picked what information to use and what not to make my position stronger because I have no position. All I wanted to do with my original post was set out the ratings. That's it. Then all this nonsense gets started because somebody couldn't accept the facts and had to start twisting things to fit with their own agenda.

As for how WWE views what programs are the biggest, here you go...



Are we going to have another merry-go-round discussion over that as well?
Starbuck is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #1895 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
The Cynical Miracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: u.k
Posts: 2,998
The Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Why do people care at what match is postioned in the promotion?

It doesnt dictate anything on the night.

Edge V Taker was the Number 4 match at WM 24, it main evented and was the MOTN

This debate is very strange and pointless.
__________________
The Cynical Miracle is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #1896 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,174
#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Just to add this in, Taker/Punk and Lesnar/HHH, as far as which match is number 2, is just as by a head scratched as which one is drawing more casual interest. Taker/Punk has main evented more, is the streak match and has the magazine cover, by Lesnar/HHH has been planned for months, and is now put with a HHH retirement storyline. I think WWE have been doing their best to make them equals as far as number 2 goes, and it's clearly been working.

Edit: Starbuck, just keep telling me you're right and Im illogical and I'm sure you'll convince me eventually.
__________________
I've got some bad news...


Last edited by #BadNewsSanta : 03-29-2013 at 06:04 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #1897 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,794
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cynical Miracle View Post
Why do people care at what match is postioned in the promotion?

It doesnt dictate anything on the night.

Edge V Taker was the Number 4 match at WM 24, it main evented and was the MOTN

This debate is very strange and pointless.
I don't.

Agreed.

True except for the MOTN part.

Yes.

And now here we go again lol. Denial all around. Taker/Punk has main evented more times than Rock/Cena too has it not? I guess it's a bigger match than that as well. Dear lord.

What does that commercial promote for Wrestlemania? Rock/Cena and HHH/Brock. What doesn't get mentioned at all? Taker/Punk. This is directly from WWE. Magazine covers lol? Come on. Aside from the solo Rock/Cena commercial, this is the other one they are running. The streak match isn't part of their promotion for the event. It's right there in front of you and in black and white. What more do you need?
Starbuck is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #1898 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,543
Rock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

As for the "main evented more" part, that's not because of importance and higher profile. WWE booked the biggest angles at 9pm as a strategic placement to maximize Rock and Lesnar's segments before the third hour drop, Rock/Cena did there 4.1, the week after Lesnar/Heyman did a 3.6 during a tag match. WWE promotion aside, Lesnar/HHH is still a bigger match because Lesnar means more on PPV than Taker today. Add to it that Punk is not a difference maker and HHH's career stipulation. Another problem with Taker's WM streak match this year is the weak storytelling. The biggest attraction about Taker at WM is the possibility of the streak ending, this year the ultimate payoff to the match is Taker getting revenge on Punk and taking the urn back.
Rock316AE is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #1899 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
The Cynical Miracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: u.k
Posts: 2,998
The Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missedThe Cynical Miracle probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I don't.

Agreed.

True except for the MOTN part.

Yes.

And now here we go again lol. Denial all around. Taker/Punk has main evented more times than Rock/Cena too has it not? I guess it's a bigger match than that as well. Dear lord.

What does that commercial promote for Wrestlemania? Rock/Cena and HHH/Brock. What doesn't get mentioned at all? Taker/Punk. This is directly from WWE. Magazine covers lol? Come on. Aside from the solo Rock/Cena commercial, this is the other one they are running. The streak match isn't part of their promotion for the event. It's right there in front of you and in black and white. What more do you need?
Why are you continuing to respond and argue to others page after page about MATCH PROMOTION then?

This a pointless argument on a minuscule subject matter. Like I said on the night, none of that matters.

I'd rather have Rock316AE give some old school ratings analysis then peeps arguing about what match is promoted on a commercial/magazine cover more.
__________________
The Cynical Miracle is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #1900 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 6,187
Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35
Default Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
What does that commercial promote for Wrestlemania? Rock/Cena and HHH/Brock. What doesn't get mentioned at all? Taker/Punk. This is directly from WWE. Magazine covers lol? Come on. Aside from the solo Rock/Cena commercial, this is the other one they are running. The streak match isn't part of their promotion for the event. It's right there in front of you and in black and white. What more do you need?
Except, Taker/Punk get their own commercial. "Isn't part of the promotion." Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Aiis1OVUcA



As for the debate being pointless. What'd you expect from the ratings thread? It's where pointless discussions and debates live and breathe.
__________________





best.


Last edited by Wrestlinfan35 : 03-29-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Wrestlinfan35 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios