CHECK OUT THE RATINGS Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here] - Page 167 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1661 of 6575 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
.

EDIT - And after posting all that I just saw your signature. What a brilliant waste of time that post will turn out to be.
It's not a waste of time at all. Ignore the sig, it's just a light hearted joke.

Personally I don't see why Taker/HHH couldn't have happened with HHH as heel, would have added a bit more spice to it for me.

In regards to Punk, I completely get your point about his character, attitude etc, when it comes to being the "face" of the company, but really how long can they rely on Cena? Eventually they are going to need new stars. Regardless of whether they fit how the company wants them to be percieved are not. If someone's not going to come out of the pack on their own and make it, then Vince and co are going to have to pounce on every opportunity to make someone. Personally I feel they had had 2 such chances with Punk and Ryback, and as of now, failed.

And don't get me confused with these blind Punk marks, or blind anybody marks for that matter. I just say it how I see it.

Cena is crap.

purple_gloves is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1662 of 6575 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Life's Magic Astral Plane I Travel Through
Posts: 4,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_gloves View Post
The other candidate for me in terms of being knocked back down when they were becoming a threat to Cena, is Ryback. Gaining viewers in his segments, massively over, popping a big buyrate at HIAC. Then has his momentum killed by being jobbed out ppv after ppv. Why? Maybe Cena had something to do with it. It could be a load of bullshit, but I think there's definitely an argument to be had there.

How exactly can an "argument be had" based on an assumption on your part. Yes, Cena may have ordered Vince to job out Ryback, or maybe the Easter Bunny saw Ryback's head, thought it was one of her eggs and ordered Vince to do the exact same thing. Or, maybe Goldberg got tired of hearing his name chanted at every event, called Vince up and said "Bury that bald bitch or I'm gonna sue you." Yeah, that's probably what happened...or at least there is an argument to be had that it did.
Happenstan is offline  
post #1663 of 6575 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Felpent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_gloves View Post
It's not a waste of time at all. Ignore the sig, it's just a light hearted joke.

Personally I don't see why Taker/HHH couldn't have happened with HHH as heel, would have added a bit more spice to it for me.

In regards to Punk, I completely get your point about his character, attitude etc, when it comes to being the "face" of the company, but really how long can they rely on Cena? Eventually they are going to need new stars. Regardless of whether they fit how the company wants them to be percieved are not. If someone's not going to come out of the pack on their own and make it, then Vince and co are going to have to pounce on every opportunity to make someone. Personally I feel they had had 2 such chances with Punk and Ryback, and as of now, failed.

And don't get me confused with these blind Punk marks, or blind anybody marks for that matter. I just say it how I see it.
Because they were running a year long storyline, with undertaker being stretchered out and all, and it was
all about "respect". It wouldn't have worked with HHH as a heel.

Really good rating, even without Rock/Cena.

Last edited by Felpent; 03-15-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Felpent is offline  
post #1664 of 6575 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Life's Magic Astral Plane I Travel Through
Posts: 4,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
Way to be original and conveniently ignore what he's been doing for the past 3 months.

Sorry but I don't think leeching off the Rock and Taker's heat counts. Let's see Punk draw next month when he's fueding with Del Snooze-o.
Happenstan is offline  
post #1665 of 6575 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happenstan View Post
How exactly can an "argument be had" based on an assumption on your part. Yes, Cena may have ordered Vince to job out Ryback, or maybe the Easter Bunny saw Ryback's head, thought it was one of her eggs and ordered Vince to do the exact same thing. Or, maybe Goldberg got tired of hearing his name chanted at every event, called Vince up and said "Bury that bald bitch or I'm gonna sue you." Yeah, that's probably what happened...or at least there is an argument to be had that it did.
I assume your new to wrestling and not aware of backstage politics? Maybe you should read a Chris Jericho or Mick Foley book, or pretty much any wrestler who's ever wrote one.

There's reasons why certain people appear on tv and others don't. There's reasons why wrestlers are presented in certain ways and booked well/poorly. It's perfectly reasonable to assume something like that could happen.

Cena is crap.

purple_gloves is offline  
post #1666 of 6575 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
MikeChase27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Milwaukee,WI
Posts: 369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_gloves View Post
Like what? Superman booking, backstage allies, countless title reigns? Fair enough Cena deserved his place at the top, but he's been there for a long, long time, and I think there is a legitimate argument for him staying there because they won't allow anyone to take his place.

With Punk, maybe, maybe not. Who knows? Personally I think they had a chance with the MITB storyline, but blew it. HHH going corporate heel would have been interesting. Maybe they genuinely didn't think something like that was the best thing to do, or maybe they didn't like the thought of Punk being the top guy, so purposefully stifled his momentum and robbed him of a potentially brilliant storyline and certain stardom. As of now, as much as I'd like to see it, I can't see Punk ever becoming a draw on Cena's level.

Orton lacks mic skills and fucks up all the time, so he was never going to topple Cena.

The other candidate for me in terms of being knocked back down when they were becoming a threat to Cena, is Ryback. Gaining viewers in his segments, massively over, popping a big buyrate at HIAC. Then has his momentum killed by being jobbed out ppv after ppv. Why? Maybe Cena had something to do with it. It could be a load of bullshit, but I think there's definitely an argument to be had there.
lol what?

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg123/nuell227/chevelle_zpsb46fcf61.png
MikeChase27 is offline  
post #1667 of 6575 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Life's Magic Astral Plane I Travel Through
Posts: 4,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_gloves View Post
I assume your new to wrestling and not aware of backstage politics? Maybe you should read a Chris Jericho or Mick Foley book, or pretty much any wrestler who's ever wrote one.

There's reasons why certain people appear on tv and others don't. There's reasons why wrestlers are presented in certain ways and booked well/poorly. It's perfectly reasonable to assume something like that could happen.
Don't do that. Don't play stupid. I'm quite aware of backstage politics. Hogan was a master at them, and there are several dozen guys lined up to tell the tell. Where are the dozens of held down wrestlers chomping at the bit to tell about the "Real John Cena?" Now maybe you are right. Maybe he is protecting his spot, but you present that theory as if it is a no brainer. As if it just has to be true even though you have no proof whatsoever.
Happenstan is offline  
post #1668 of 6575 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happenstan View Post
Don't do that. Don't play stupid. I'm quite aware of backstage politics. Hogan was a master at them, and there are several dozen guys lined up to tell the tell. Where are the dozens of held down wrestlers chomping at the bit to tell about the "Real John Cena?" Now maybe you are right. Maybe he is protecting his spot, but you present that theory as if it is a no brainer. As if it just has to be true even though you have no proof whatsoever.
No I didn't. I said it could be bullshit and only presented it as my opinion.

Cena is crap.

purple_gloves is offline  
post #1669 of 6575 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
SerapisLiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Abydos, Egypt
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happenstan View Post
Don't do that. Don't play stupid. I'm quite aware of backstage politics. Hogan was a master at them, and there are several dozen guys lined up to tell the tell.
Yes, twenty years after the fact, when Hogan is no longer a threat to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happenstan View Post
Where are the dozens of held down wrestlers chomping at the bit to tell about the "Real John Cena?"
Probably likewise waiting until Cena is no longer a threat to their livelihood. I know one example is Ken Anderson since his release has tossed Cena in with the likes of HHH as ruthless backstage politicians. (That's not to excuse Anderson's many other problems that got him released though.) He never bitched about Cena before, he only tattled after he no longer worked with Cena.

There was also that nobody from the Nexus, Tarver something. Only complained after he lost his job.

I can't recall if Tyler Reks was still employed or not when he allegedly started tweeting about Cena holding him down.



Last edited by SerapisLiber; 03-15-2013 at 03:23 PM.
SerapisLiber is offline  
post #1670 of 6575 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Trinidad
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Official Raw Ratings Thread [Post All TV Ratings Discussions Here]

First of all, CM Punk NEVER came close to taking Cena's spot. The only men that ever came close were Batista and Randy Orton. Batista was actually bigger than Cena in 2005-2006 until he got inured and Orton was over as fuck from 2009-2011. Even as a heel he was huuuuge. You just dont get that aura from Punk. Orton and Batista were fighting it out for the 2nd spot for yeaaaaars. Punk has been a main eventer for a year and a half and now he is a threat to Cena? I'm sorry but that is just not true. Orton from 2007 and Batista from 2005 were always close to Cena's level. Punk has had his run and he has done very well but he is not on Batista/ Orton's level far more for Cena.
nwoattitude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome