We NEED to see CM Punk in action! - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,791
HEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSHEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSHEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSHEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSHEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSHEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSHEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSHEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSHEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSHEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSHEELKris was rejected by a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: We NEED to see CM Punk in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShield View Post
Reasons your point is flawed.

1. CM Punk has been WWE champion in 2011, 2012, 2013.

2. To blame one person for low ratings is moronic.

3. If he wasn't a 'draw' or success then WWE wouldn't have made him the longest WWE champion in 25 years and something like 4th longest WWE champion in history. If hes was such a failure then he wouldn't have gotten past 2 month let alone 13/14.

Also been his 2nd title reign. The 2nd coming only months after his first. He must have been doing something right.

4. Drawing doesn't just mean PPV ratings and RAW ratings. It means someone who is relevant enough in mainstream media and relevant enough to make people spend money on the product. Look at the his merchandise sales, dvd sales, WWE game cover, twitter followers, appearances on TV shows and radio shows etc.

5. Hes is feuding with The Rock followed in the future by Stone Cold Steve Austin (seems very likely). If he was such a poor draw and failure WWE wouldn't be involve him in such feuds.

6. Wrestler of the year two years in a row.

7. You have a shit load of red rep, which clearly indicates not many people value your opinion.


Whether you like him or not is irrelevant as we are all entitled to our likes and dislikes. But instead of randomly posting links to ratings (which fans shouldn't be to bothered about) at least be able to make an articulate link between 'low' ratings and the product. Like faster internet speeds, streaming, tevo, sky plus, illegal downloads, NBA/NFL/UFC/MLB competition, natural disasters, recession, lack of star power to compete against, THREE HOUR RAWS killing the product, transitional talent period, incompetent booking, too many new WWE programmes.

.

1. So?

2. No, it's not. People watch the show mainly to see the champion in action. The champ plays a part in people tuning in. CM Punk has proven time and time again that he's the best in the world... at driving the viewers away. Of course the low ratings aren't his fault alone, but him as champion isn't helping. At all. Do casual fans care about him? Nope. WWE will put the title on The Rock (then on Cena) to save the ratings

3. They needed a new top face, a new John Cena. Punk failed. They turned him heel. Now he will lose the title to The Rock and no one will remember his title reign. "lols if he wasnt a draw he wouldnt have held the title for so long" lmfao that's like saying the Mae Young giving birth to Hornswoggle segment was good because otherwise it wouldn't have been on TV.

4. too bad he won't be so relevant this year.. I can guarantee he will be end up on SD (where he belongs) by the end of the year. I can also guarantee that the ratings will be higher than they were in 2012 (the average rating was 3.01)... see ya next year lol

5. it's just a set up for Cena vs The Rock II rofl... Punk vs Austin will never happen

6. doesn't mean shit, someone else could make a top 100 wrestlers of all time list and place Hornswoggle at #1 OPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONS

7. my rep is irrelevant to this discussion, I think it's sad that you have resort to defending yourself like that. If you wanna talk about my rep so much, then fine. I'm one of the best if not the best poster on this forum and most people are just jealous... I made a rant about this feel free to read it and share your thoughts http://www.wrestlingforum.com/rants/...leberries.html



edit : If getting the last word in makes you feel good (and I strongly suspect it does), then okay pal. I'm done here. Have a nice day

Last edited by HEELKris : 01-03-2013 at 05:15 PM.
HEELKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
TheShield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 165
TheShield is in rep purgatory
Default Re: We NEED to see CM Punk in action!

Ok seen as you are ignorant to the truth the only fact you need to know is.

CM Punk has been the WWE champion for 410 days, longest champion since the 1980s, surpassed everyone but 3/4 other people.

That fact proves every hater wrong. WWE wouldn't invest all of that time, money, prestige and faith in someone if they were not contributing massively to the product.
__________________

CM Punk - Dolph Ziggler - Daniel Bryan - Cody Rhodes - Damien Sandow - Seth Rollins - Wade Barrett - Dean Ambrose - Roman Reigns - Christian - Alberto Del Rio



Shawn Michaels - Stone Cold - Chris Jericho - The Undertaker - Bret Hart - Roddy Piper -- Mick Foley

Yokozuna - British Bulldog - Macho Man Randy Savage - Eddie Guerrero


Samoa Joe - Bully Ray - Sting - Austin Aries

Paul Heyman - Jim Cornette - Paul Bearer



Green for Green
TheShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
FingersPointedAtMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
FingersPointedAtMe is in rep purgatory
Default Re: We NEED to see CM Punk in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShield View Post
Ok seen as you are ignorant to the truth the only fact you need to know is.

CM Punk has been the WWE champion for 410 days, longest champion since the 1980s, surpassed everyone but 3/4 other people.

That fact proves every hater wrong. WWE wouldn't invest all of that time, money, prestige and faith in someone if they were not contributing massively to the product.
Exactly. It's one thing to help yourself, but to help others as well, that's going the extra mile. CM Punk, champion for over a year, gave a good reason for The Rock to return and compete for the belt itself, AND adjusted the spotlight on injustice so The Shield had something to work with. He definitely contributed to the product, and shattered a window leading into the future, letting young and better talents like The Shield to shine.
__________________
Believe In The Shield


Last edited by FingersPointedAtMe : 01-03-2013 at 05:53 PM.
FingersPointedAtMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: England
Posts: 10,378
Kelly Kelly fan was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSKelly Kelly fan was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSKelly Kelly fan was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSKelly Kelly fan was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSKelly Kelly fan was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSKelly Kelly fan was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSKelly Kelly fan was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSKelly Kelly fan was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSKelly Kelly fan was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSKelly Kelly fan was rejected by a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: We NEED to see CM Punk in action!

Give the guy a break hes just had knee surgery and hes been WWE champion over 400 days which means hes been working his ass for over 400 days with no time off
Kelly Kelly fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #25 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Phenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Death Valley
Posts: 3,734
Phenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missed
Default Re: We NEED to see CM Punk in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShield View Post
Ok seen as you are ignorant to the truth the only fact you need to know is.

CM Punk has been the WWE champion for 410 days, longest champion since the 1980s, surpassed everyone but 3/4 other people.

That fact proves every hater wrong. WWE wouldn't invest all of that time, money, prestige and faith in someone if they were not contributing massively to the product.
He's the world's biggest transitional champion, keeping the belt warm until Rock and Cena get their hands on it. That much is obvious. The WWE know that he is only a generic talent, hence why the spotlight has never been truly on him, despite such a lengthy reign.

He's a mediocre mid carder that was never supposed to go near the main even, but took his place there because the entire product is in such dire straits. If this was the Attitude Era, he wouldn't even have a job. End of story.
__________________
Quote:
He is the cornerstone of WWE and he is the reason that this business runs.
- JBL commentating on the Undertaker.

Last edited by Phenom : 01-04-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
KeepinItReal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,234
KeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: We NEED to see CM Punk in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake"Pure"Holyman View Post
Since RAW 1000, Punk turned into cheap heater, who can gain heat in his segments from insulting the town's favourite team. Also, he kinda reminds me of Triple H, when he was in Evolution. Arrive, speaking how good he is, how he worked harder day in and day out, how he is better than others because he is the WWE Champion. Punk is wasted, because of WWE's lack of starpower and his reign might be 5 years, but fighting against Del Rio, Cena, Ziggler and stuff, doesn't make you credible.
I consider CM Punk and Triple H to be amongst the greatest characters ever, cuz they're good in sooo many different storylines. Triple H has been in huge rivalries with EVERYONE. Hopefully we'll get that many great memories out of CM Punk.
__________________
WWE favorites: Punk, Sheamus, Lesnar, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns,
Del Rio, Orton, Bryan, Ziggler, Wyatt, Usos, Cesaro, Mysterio, Kane
DGPW: Doi, Yoshino, Tozawa, Yamato, Dragon Kid, BxB Hulk, Ricochet, Super Shisa
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #27 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
KeepinItReal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,234
KeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: We NEED to see CM Punk in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
He's the world's biggest transitional champion, keeping the belt warm until Rock and Cena get their hands on it. That much is obvious. The WWE know that he is only a generic talent, hence why the spotlight has never been truly on him, despite such a lengthy reign.

He's a mediocre mid carder that was never supposed to go near the main even, but took his place there because the entire product is in such dire straits. If this was the Attitude Era, he wouldn't even have a job. End of story.
I strongly, strongly disagree with you. I wasn't following wrestling for 7-8 years until I heard about Punk's promo, and I've been addicted since (other guys are great too, btw). The dude's unlike anyone I've seen before, he seems real, even as a bad guy he just seems to have a consistent, meaningful character.
__________________
WWE favorites: Punk, Sheamus, Lesnar, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns,
Del Rio, Orton, Bryan, Ziggler, Wyatt, Usos, Cesaro, Mysterio, Kane
DGPW: Doi, Yoshino, Tozawa, Yamato, Dragon Kid, BxB Hulk, Ricochet, Super Shisa
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #28 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
KeepinItReal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,234
KeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: We NEED to see CM Punk in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEELKris View Post
People watch the show mainly to see the champion in action. The champ plays a part in people tuning in. CM Punk has proven time and time again that he's the best in the world... at driving the viewers away. Of course the low ratings aren't his fault alone, but him as champion isn't helping. At all. Do casual fans care about him? Nope. WWE will put the title on The Rock (then on Cena) to save the ratings

...

They needed a new top face, a new John Cena. Punk failed. They turned him heel. Now he will lose the title to The Rock and no one will remember his title reign. "lols if he wasnt a draw he wouldnt have held the title for so long" lmfao that's like saying the Mae Young giving birth to Hornswoggle segment was good because otherwise it wouldn't have been on TV.

...

it's just a set up for Cena vs The Rock II rofl... Punk vs Austin will never happen
On the ratings point, I have a few things to say. First, three hour Raw's are cleaerly killing ratings; one online article even noted that WWE and USA Network are aware of it, but that the third hour still adds up to more cash in the end. Second, ratings were horrible during HBK's and Hart's time, but they were amazing. Also, ratings didn't start going down under Punk's reign, they've been going down consistently since Austin got his big back injury in November 1999. I don't see anyone bashing The Rock for ruining the Attitude Era, though, and that's when he started to carry the load for a couple years.

Punk turning heel in the middle of 400 day title reign isn't a sign that WWE sees his reign as a failure. If they thought his reign was a failure they would have ended his reign! Instead, they apparently concluded that his face run was getting boring. The fact that he turned heel right in the middle of the longest title reign of the modern era doesn't mean he's a bad champion. In my opinion, that makes him one of the all-time greatest champions.

It's "just a set-up for Cena-Rock II." I'm not even sure how to respond to that. So can you criticize any wrestler or storyline or match as JUST a lead-in to what's coming next? Was Angle-Undertaker No Way Out 2006 just a lead-in to Guerrero-Angle? Was Undertaker-HBK just a lead-in to Undertaker-HHH? If WWE's ultimate goal was Cena-Punk II, there are thousand other scenarios that can lead to that. The route they chose was having The Rock use up one of his rare matches against the guy who sells more merch than anyone else today (except maybe Cena).

Oh, and btw, being moved to SmackDown wouldn't be an insult. Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar and Undertaker were fantastic wrestlers. In fact, I preferred SmackDown to Raw throughout the entire brand extension UNTIL CM Punk got popular last year.

Oh yea, and I'll give Punk the same defense I always give Cena (who I'm not a fan of): don't blame the best wrestlers for ratings failures, blame everyone else for not being as good. Its not Cena or Punk's job to be as popular as Stone Cold Steve Austin (and Austin's supporting cast), its their job to be as entertaining as they can be. John Cena and CM Punk are the LAST to blame for low ratings.
__________________
WWE favorites: Punk, Sheamus, Lesnar, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns,
Del Rio, Orton, Bryan, Ziggler, Wyatt, Usos, Cesaro, Mysterio, Kane
DGPW: Doi, Yoshino, Tozawa, Yamato, Dragon Kid, BxB Hulk, Ricochet, Super Shisa
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle


Last edited by KeepinItReal : 01-04-2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: one more thing
KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Posts: 6,187
Gandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth reading
Default Re: We NEED to see CM Punk in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk's #1 Fan View Post
Ryback more over than ever. Ryback would have been put in the midcard (most likley go over miz for IC title at the time) if cena didnt get injured. the fans would not nearly be behind him as they are now.
He would have been more over if he were sent to midcard to win titles,Him taking shots at the WWE and losing each time has somewhat ruined his image and even ending his winning streak which was one of the main reasons why he was extremely over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEELKris View Post
1. So?

2. No, it's not. People watch the show mainly to see the champion in action. The champ plays a part in people tuning in. CM Punk has proven time and time again that he's the best in the world... at driving the viewers away. Of course the low ratings aren't his fault alone, but him as champion isn't helping. At all. Do casual fans care about him? Nope. WWE will put the title on The Rock (then on Cena) to save the ratings

3. They needed a new top face, a new John Cena. Punk failed. They turned him heel. Now he will lose the title to The Rock and no one will remember his title reign. "lols if he wasnt a draw he wouldnt have held the title for so long" lmfao that's like saying the Mae Young giving birth to Hornswoggle segment was good because otherwise it wouldn't have been on TV.

4. too bad he won't be so relevant this year.. I can guarantee he will be end up on SD (where he belongs) by the end of the year. I can also guarantee that the ratings will be higher than they were in 2012 (the average rating was 3.01)... see ya next year lol

5. it's just a set up for Cena vs The Rock II rofl... Punk vs Austin will never happen

6. doesn't mean shit, someone else could make a top 100 wrestlers of all time list and place Hornswoggle at #1 OPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONSOPINIONS

7. my rep is irrelevant to this discussion, I think it's sad that you have resort to defending yourself like that. If you wanna talk about my rep so much, then fine. I'm one of the best if not the best poster on this forum and most people are just jealous... I made a rant about this feel free to read it and share your thoughts http://www.wrestlingforum.com/rants/...leberries.html



edit : If getting the last word in makes you feel good (and I strongly suspect it does), then okay pal. I'm done here. Have a nice day
1.You do realize they would never give an opportunity of being a champion for this long to just anybody right?

2.Yes,It is moronic.Not everybody watches to see "the champion" people watch the WWE for storylines and mostly wrestling thats why its the WWE.And as for your "ratings" argument...I'm just going to quote this fine gentleman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinItReal View Post
On the ratings point, I have a few things to say. First, three hour Raw's are cleaerly killing ratings; one online article even noted that WWE and USA Network are aware of it, but that the third hour still adds up to more cash in the end. Second, ratings were horrible during HBK's and Hart's time, but they were amazing. Also, ratings didn't start going down under Punk's reign, they've been going down consistently since Austin got his big back injury in November 1999. I don't see anyone bashing The Rock for ruining the Attitude Era, though, and that's when he started to carry the load for a couple years.
Blaming the ratings on Punk is damn silly,You're just blaming him for the ratings because of the fact that you yourself dislike Punk dearly.

3.If anything,Punk's the only reason most wrestling fans keep watching the WWE now.Its obvious Punk is extremely over and has a HUGE fanbase,Its not just "The IWC" you see his fans in the crowd every damn time cheering his name.

4.More "I want this to happen so its true" garbage

5.I'm not even going to bother...I'm glad KeepinItReal wrote all of this for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinItReal View Post
It's "just a set-up for Cena-Rock II." I'm not even sure how to respond to that. So can you criticize any wrestler or storyline or match as JUST a lead-in to what's coming next? Was Angle-Undertaker No Way Out 2006 just a lead-in to Guerrero-Angle? Was Undertaker-HBK just a lead-in to Undertaker-HHH? If WWE's ultimate goal was Cena-Punk II, there are thousand other scenarios that can lead to that. The route they chose was having The Rock use up one of his rare matches against the guy who sells more merch than anyone else today (except maybe Cena).
6.What the actual fuck? Why would anybody vote Hornswoggle wrestler of the year? You're missing the point,Yes it is a matter of opinions and the fact is ALLOT of people have the opinion that CM Punk was the best wrestler of the year two years in a row means CM Punk just isn't another guy on the roster it means he's big wither you like it or not.

7.Your rep is irrelevant to the discussion,Thats the only thing I agree with you on.However no,Nobody is jealous of you and its sad you keep trying to convince yourself people are jealous of you on a damn wrestling forum.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic217556_8.gif

Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry;
When the boys came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away.

Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Evil Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 991
Evil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: We NEED to see CM Punk in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
1.You do realize they would never give an opportunity of being a champion for this long to just anybody right?
Under all his attempts to gain troll reactions he's probably a hopeless romantic that think that WWE gives long title runs just because of the goodness in their hearts.
Evil Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios