Here comes another Cena heel turn thread - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 12-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Avon Barksdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 396
Avon Barksdale 251 - 500Avon Barksdale 251 - 500Avon Barksdale 251 - 500Avon Barksdale 251 - 500
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssoeasy23 View Post
Cena WILL NOT turn heel unless they have somebody that can fill in the top face spot.

The reason Stone Cold's heel turn only lasted less than a year was because The Rock wasn't as successful as a top face as they thought he would be. After the Alliance angle was over, Austin turned face again. Not to mention it was probably the biggest mistake the company ever made, because Austin was still a fan favorite when he turned heel. Sure, Cena isn't liked as nearly as much as Austin was, atleast by the older audience. But, turning Cena heel will only result in a flipped situation than what we have now. Instead of the younger audience supporting him while the older audience doesn't like him, it'll be the other way around. What's the use? Also add to the fact that WWE made over 480 million dollars in revenue last year, so the money's not a problem.

They shouldn't turn Cena heel just to do it, they need a reason. Right now, there is no reason. Just like how Austin's heel turn was made with no real reason and it was a big flop. And Cena still had many feuds he can have as a face. Punk again, Barrett again, Randy Orton again, Big Show again, Cesaro, Sandow, Ryback, any member of the Shield, Del Rio again, Daniel Bryan.
Who the fuck wants to see him face the same guys again? Cesaro? Sandow? Del Rio? Wow, you must be into boring feuds. lol lets not pretend like Cena is a super draw now, I don't see him breaking attendance records (don't bring up wrestlemania, that was The Rock's drawing power), ppv buys, and boosting the ratings. Wow he sales toys and shirts to kids, those damn things always sell, just insert Shaemus (cant stand him either) and you'd get the same results, kids are stupid and gullible.

Cena is the tallest of midgets right now, that doesn't in any way make him a "top draw", he's just their only draw right now.
__________________
“I ain’t no suit-wearin’ businessman like you… you know I’m just a gangsta I suppose…”



Avon Barksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Avon Barksdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 396
Avon Barksdale 251 - 500Avon Barksdale 251 - 500Avon Barksdale 251 - 500Avon Barksdale 251 - 500
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jones View Post
At this point, Cena has completely run out of steam and is being put in stupid romance angles because there's nothing else for him to do.
Exactly, this makes more sense than that stupid "he doesn't need to turn heel" argument. Well he doesn't need to do the shit he's doing now either.
__________________
“I ain’t no suit-wearin’ businessman like you… you know I’m just a gangsta I suppose…”



Avon Barksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
attitudEra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,073
attitudEra 101 - 250attitudEra 101 - 250
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

I really don't care about cena turning heel, just give him a fucking bad ass character change for goodness sake.
__________________

End of An Era
My Favorite Five
1) Stone Cold Steve Austin
2) Undertaker
3) The Rock
4) Chris Jericho
5) CM Punk
attitudEra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #34 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Brodus Clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,024
Brodus Clay 1001 - 1500Brodus Clay 1001 - 1500Brodus Clay 1001 - 1500Brodus Clay 1001 - 1500Brodus Clay 1001 - 1500Brodus Clay 1001 - 1500Brodus Clay 1001 - 1500Brodus Clay 1001 - 1500Brodus Clay 1001 - 1500Brodus Clay 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

If he gonna turn needs to be with someone big, he got a chance with The Rock and didn't, theres still Taker if he try to break the streak.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic210014_16.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by doinktheclowns View Post
Thing about this forum is that if 'your' guy is failing and has become boring then it is creatives fault but when it is someone you don't like then it is the wrestlers fault. There is a lack of consistency on this forum.
Brodus Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #35 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
LeaderOfM.D.R.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 673
LeaderOfM.D.R.S. 251 - 500LeaderOfM.D.R.S. 251 - 500LeaderOfM.D.R.S. 251 - 500LeaderOfM.D.R.S. 251 - 500LeaderOfM.D.R.S. 251 - 500
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

-Needs a babyface to fill in the role for him (Sheamus & Ryback are not ready to take over the company)
-Needs big name faces that can legitimately challenge him (There's not one babyface that could do that)
-It has to be written well & done completely as a surprise (One of the WWE's biggest problems is their tendency to make things obvious as well as bland)
-Have Cena get a little edgy in his content (I mean that as he has years of ammunition, the kids & women being the big ammo. If he disses the kids, that's big heat)

Honestly I do think there's a possibility it can happen, but I don't believe it will. My main gripe is there isn't a Rock or Stone Cold or HHH or Shawn Michaels that can challenge him and help bring in the ratings that could make a heel turn possible. The best chance they had with turning him heel was the Kane storyline last year but they fucked up pretty bad with that.

Never say never though, we have to see how these next two years pan out. If nothing happens in that timespan then you might have to say it'll never happen. But to keep things into perspective:

Hulk Hogan was 43 when he turned Heel on Bash at the Beach.
John is 35 and in two years he'll be 37.

We'll see what happens.
LeaderOfM.D.R.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
ROGERTHAT21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,242
ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000ROGERTHAT21 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
Top 3 reasons Cena won't/shouldn't turn heel:


1: It actually won't make money. Cena sells a lot of merchandise to kids who worship him as a hero. Superman became a bad guy mid-story, he wouldn't be the superhero icon that he is today. As cheesy as it sounds, Cena is supposed to stand for good. The one guy kids can count on to not be a selfish bitch like the other ones.

2: The whole point of a Cena heel turn would be to satisfy smarks, who let's face it, whenever they get what they want ratings die and buyrates don't get any better. The show also gets boring after 2-3 months and stays that way for a year+.

Smarks don't know shit about what will be good for the company. They're frequently wrong about everything what has to do with ratings and money making. Idiotic smark logic: "I'll like it, so it must be good for ratings/make money!". Yeah, sure kid.


So there's no point in a Cena heel turn. There aren't any babyfaces who can combat him and take over. Punk is a proven failure as the top guy both as a face and a heel, Sheamus isn't over enough yet due to being a Smackdown guy, and many smark losers hate Ryback because they feel he fits the mold of "what Vince likes" too much.

3: Smark losers will simply hate on the next top babyface like they do every top babyface now. There's always going to be mixed reactions for top babyfaces from this point onward. It's become popular to do that. Whoever they replace Cena with will get hated on in time too.


Zero point in a Cena heel turn or even listening to smarks. It's a bandaid job. Why do it? Just so smark losers don't chant Cena sucks anymore? Fuck 'em. WWE shouldn't give a shit what they want. Ever. They're the worst part of the show. What? What? What? Cena sucks! Goldberg! You can't wrestle! What? What? What?

No reason to appease those losers. They obviously aren't going away.
Amen. Agree 100% Thisx100000000000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jones View Post
I don't understand this "if he turns all the adults will love him". No, it will actually just be fun to boo him and go along with the show. There's such a thing as being a good heel and being entertaining. Ted Dibiase was one of the greatest heels of all time and I don't remember him ever getting huge pops from the crowd. There's a huge difference and you know it. Ted Dibiase was a heel where everyone thought wrestling was real. Nowadays everyone and their mother knows it's scripted. Not to mention the fact that the IWC is now the only vocal part of your typical WWE crowd, and they typically side with heels. Everyone knows that in this era, good heels get cheered. The IWC cheers almost every top heel. CM Punk can't get heat to save his life, neither can Ziggler, or Sandow because a lot of smarks just LOVE them some heel. Everyone should turn heel when it comes to a lot of smarks. You're either a heel no one gives a crap about or one the IWC loves.

Cena will have to go off auto-pilot mode and really display his abilities as an actor. He has enough charisma to make the entire crowd hate him. Austin had only been a face for 3 years when he turned face. Cena has been double that time and more. Austin still had a lot of steam left as a face and HE made the decision to turn. That's because the WWE had The Rock, a guy who actually had enough crowd support and charisma to take over the top face spot. Unfortunately, he wasn't there for a lot of it, so there really was no top face and Austin just became the default top face on accident again. Cena does have a lot of charisma, but it's obvious adult males are just going to start cheering him if he does turn heel. Nothing will change except the demographics that cheer and boo him.

At this point, Cena has completely run out of steam and is being put in stupid romance angles because there's nothing else for him to do. That's true. The guy needs to become more bad ass and stop smirking everytime he suffers a big defeat. He's annoying.

It's all up to Cena to make it work. Will he be willing to go off auto-pilot and actually put forth effort again is the question.
.
__________________

Sig Credit: Bubba-3D
ROGERTHAT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #37 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Avon Barksdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 396
Avon Barksdale 251 - 500Avon Barksdale 251 - 500Avon Barksdale 251 - 500Avon Barksdale 251 - 500
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderOfM.D.R.S. View Post
-Needs a babyface to fill in the role for him (Sheamus & Ryback are not ready to take over the company)
-Needs big name faces that can legitimately challenge him (There's not one babyface that could do that)
-It has to be written well & done completely as a surprise (One of the WWE's biggest problems is their tendency to make things obvious as well as bland)
-Have Cena get a little edgy in his content (I mean that as he has years of ammunition, the kids & women being the big ammo. If he disses the kids, that's big heat)

Honestly I do think there's a possibility it can happen, but I don't believe it will. My main gripe is there isn't a Rock or Stone Cold or HHH or Shawn Michaels that can challenge him and help bring in the ratings that could make a heel turn possible. The best chance they had with turning him heel was the Kane storyline last year but they fucked up pretty bad with that.

Never say never though, we have to see how these next two years pan out. If nothing happens in that timespan then you might have to say it'll never happen. But to keep things into perspective:

Hulk Hogan was 43 when he turned Heel on Bash at the Beach.
John is 35 and in two years he'll be 37.

We'll see what happens.
I doubt Shaemus and Ryback would have a hard time filling in for Cena, he's not bigger than the company. What would be the major loss anyways? Also, there isn't a Rock or Stone Cold type character (not like you can ever make them) because they're just sitting around doing nothing with one man on top. Cena turning heel would help create a top face. If Cena was a monster heel like Triple H, all it would take is a credible face to go over Cena ala Batista or Orton. Every top face has had a heel that helped put them over, Cena could be that heel.
__________________
“I ain’t no suit-wearin’ businessman like you… you know I’m just a gangsta I suppose…”




Last edited by Avon Barksdale : 12-24-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Avon Barksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #38 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
itssoeasy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,736
itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500itssoeasy23 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
Who the fuck wants to see him face the same guys again? Cesaro? Sandow? Del Rio? Wow, you must be into boring feuds. lol lets not pretend like Cena is a super draw now, I don't see him breaking attendance records (don't bring up wrestlemania, that was The Rock's drawing power), ppv buys, and boosting the ratings. Wow he sales toys and shirts to kids, those damn things always sell, just insert Shaemus (cant stand him either) and you'd get the same results, kids are stupid and gullible.

Cena is the tallest of midgets right now, that doesn't in any way make him a "top draw", he's just their only draw right now.
You see that I mentioned that Austin's heel turn was a flop. So, what makes you think Cena's might not be a flop to? If they turn him, "just to turn him," it could be a big mistake for the company. Just like how turning Austin was a big mistake for the company and he turned face again 7 months later because The Rock didn't work as a top face. Who's to say that they guy they choose to fill the top face spot won't be a failure? Sure, there's a risks that can be taken in wrestling, but why take it when there's no reason to.

Cena is loved by the younger audience and hated by a large portion of the older audience. If he was to turn heel I guarantee you, we should see the older audience on his side while the kids boo him. Were back to square one.

There's not losing substantial amount of money every year, their ratings are decent, their buyrates are decent, their attendance is good. So, business wise it makes no sense at all to turn Cena heel.

So, give me a logical reason was to why John Cena should turn heel. And don't give me the "he's boring, he's stale, he need's to change." Because to a large portion of the audience (the kids) that's not true. And you mention the feuds I proposed and how they are boring. Well, tell me what feuds he will have as a heel? And no, Tyson Kidd or Zack Ryder don't count.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I also can't believe how much you let Cena ruin your own lives by doing what he does.

You all may make fun of people with "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!" for the young kids or marks or whatever, but you guys are even worse than them. You have this deep-seeded legitimate rage for Cena and his fans to the point where you let it affect your day to day life.

Grow up. Seriously.
Quote:
If you don't understand why John Cena wins all the time, maybe professional wrestling is not for you.
itssoeasy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #39 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Dr. Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 919
Dr. Jones 501 - 1000Dr. Jones 501 - 1000Dr. Jones 501 - 1000Dr. Jones 501 - 1000Dr. Jones 501 - 1000Dr. Jones 501 - 1000
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssoeasy23 View Post
You see that I mentioned that Austin's heel turn was a flop. So, what makes you think Cena's might not be a flop to? If they turn him, "just to turn him," it could be a big mistake for the company. Just like how turning Austin was a big mistake for the company and he turned face again 7 months later because The Rock didn't work as a top face.
Had nothing to do with the Rock and all to do with the fact that the audience simply didn't want to boo Austin because he had been out for a large part of the previous year. Cena has been the top face of the company for well over 7 years and a large portion of the fan base has been booing him all along.

That never happened to Austin. He felt his character was getting stale and turned of his own volition, not because the crowd was shitting on him.

Cena turning heel would open up a lot of opportunities for younger faces to feud against him. If Cena formed some type of a stable or alliance, the fans would back anyone who dared to go against him. I bet the ratings and buy rates would go up which would compensate for his merch sales. It would be something different and would give the company a MAJOR shot in the arm that it has been needing for a long time.

The only person who would suffer from a mega heel Cena short term is Punk because he would no longer be the top heel. He could take a nice vacation and come back white hot to challenge Cena.
Dr. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #40 (permalink)
There are many copies... and they have a plan.
Premium
 
SrsLii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: At home
Posts: 1,055
SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123bigdave View Post
I think the funniest thing if he does turn heel is that the IWC will immediately start creaming themselves over him.
I don't understand why people say that. 90 percent of Cena's heat is because he is overpushed and painfully unfunny. That isn't going to change with a heel turn. He won't magically learn to wrestle. He still won't sell. Same old douche Cena. Assuming he will get cheers is asinine.
SrsLii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios