Randy Orton can never become the top heel! - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Humbled
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,074
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Randy Orton can never become the top heel!

Remember when Orton was the pinnacle of being a villian. Whether it was from RATED-RKO or his Legacy days when he assaulted Stephanie McMahon and punted the likes of Vince, Shane and HHH. This is a guy whom had 'Heel' all over him especially in 2009.

Now I dont say Orton wont be a top heel because of injuries, suspension but I mean in terms of how his babyface character is. The guy has been attacked, and fought nearly every heel possible in the WWE. It feels weird that Orton is the guy being attacked by Shield, when a few years ago - he would probably be the one leading them.

Its got to the stage now where if Orton turned heel, it wouldnt feel right - because hes done too much in his babyface role that I cant see him siding with the heels anymore. Even if he did turn heel, hes lot all them villanious traits because his character got watered down to shit.

If orton does turn heel, he wont be the heel you remember at all!
VILLAIN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Power Team
 
King Gimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,971
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Randy Orton can never become the top heel!

Who cares? I'll still enjoy. Orton is one of my favourite heels.



Rekt.
King Gimp is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Monterossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                 
Re: Randy Orton can never become the top heel!

no, everyone will forget about what he did in the past eventually. this is wrestling, everything older than 3 months don't exist.

Monterossa is offline  
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Goatin' ain't easy
 
The GOAT One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Posts: 1,157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Randy Orton can never become the top heel!

He'll never be top heel as long as Punk remains heel.

The GOAT One is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Searching for a new identity
 
sesshomaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Randy Orton can never become the top heel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling_junkie View Post
Remember when Orton was the pinnacle of being a villian. Whether it was from RATED-RKO or his Legacy days when he assaulted Stephanie McMahon and punted the likes of Vince, Shane and HHH. This is a guy whom had 'Heel' all over him especially in 2009.

Now I dont say Orton wont be a top heel because of injuries, suspension but I mean in terms of how his babyface character is. The guy has been attacked, and fought nearly every heel possible in the WWE. It feels weird that Orton is the guy being attacked by Shield, when a few years ago - he would probably be the one leading them.

Its got to the stage now where if Orton turned heel, it wouldnt feel right - because hes done too much in his babyface role that I cant see him siding with the heels anymore. Even if he did turn heel, hes lot all them villanious traits because his character got watered down to shit.

If orton does turn heel, he wont be the heel you remember at all!
That's the reason why Hulk Hogan's NWO turn was so effective. Once people get used to and can only see a wrestler as a face, then a heel turn can be so much bigger.

That dosen't mean that Rey Mystero should turn heel, but Orton's already known to be a great heel, so it should be good. Once they begin his heel turn you'll probably change your mind. WWE will likely have it be a slow transition so it makes sense to the character.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic155408_3.gif
sesshomaru is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
HitMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 910
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Randy Orton can never become the top heel!

He bored me as a heel too. Needs a better gimmick than just punting old people.
HitMark is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Randy Orton can never become the top heel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterossa View Post
no, everyone will forget about what he did in the past eventually. this is wrestling, everything older than 3 months don't exist.
0:50 "You've always been somewhat of a lone wolf"







also http://www.kayfabenews.com/vince-mcm...nymous-raw-gm/
HEELKris is offline  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Randy Orton can never become the top heel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesshomaru View Post
That's the reason why Hulk Hogan's NWO turn was so effective. Once people get used to and can only see a wrestler as a face, then a heel turn can be so much bigger.
This. Exactly, this. I read the original post and was going to say what seehomaru said.

The greatest basis of a heel isn't debuting and beating up a face and saying the crowd sucks, it's when a heel turns their back completely on the fans and their fellow wrestlers. It's why Hogan worked so well at the beginning, and Bret Hart in 1997. It's the stale character embracing the hate.

Yes, Orton has done a lot on the good side and beat up almost every bad guy but that would make it more meaningful if he thought "fuck this," and just began acting like the ruthless heel he once was.
Issues_Sunshyne is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                 
Re: Randy Orton can never become the top heel!

Just because someone turns heel... doesn't mean they have to be friends with all the other heels. ??_??
Geeee is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Randy Orton can never become the top heel!

Of course he can. He's a natural heel and one who could be able to play something other than the cowardly act that every top heel save for Big Show has.
Choke2Death is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome