The Shield Discussion Thread - Page 252 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Most impressive member of The Shield?

Ambrose 802 63.35%
Rollins 158 12.48%
Reigns 306 24.17%
Voters: 1266. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #2511 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 365
AntUK 101 - 250AntUK 101 - 250
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

I'm with you guys, theres no leader, the commentators(JBL) are really pushing that they believe in what they are doing, it won't make sense for them to push that angle and then have them be the bitches of a 90 pound crazy chick.

The only concievable way they could tie her in with them is she encouraged them via nxt while she was Raw GM to put the rights wrong, hoping they'd take out the ones that had wronged her, but they took it too far, could even seal more heat on the Shield with her doing the promo where she fesses up, and then we get the "Sierra.." and then some white knight saves her.

Hell knowing WWE they'll probably dream up some convoluted thing where by CM punk and AJ where behind it all along and then we get some super Mcmhaon-Helmsley era faction, with the shield as Punks/AJ's flunkies...god no..

It was my first thought when i saw Raw last night and she brought an NXT guy out, it was ..please ..please dont tie her into the shield, keep her away from the most promising thing in the WWE right now.

any ideas on why they attacked Dreamer what "injustice" will they try to use to justify that, i really dont want them turning into some random thugs, i really liked them playing up the "they have their own beliefs/code/ethics and they stick to that" angle.

Hi all by the way the goodness of the shield made me sign up for some discussion!

And add me to the list of those that are just wondering why they wont take the shackles off the shield and let them cut a live promo.

Last edited by AntUK : 12-18-2012 at 08:49 AM.
AntUK is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #2512 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
krai999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,557
krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

my reaction to aj as leader of the shield
krai999 is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #2513 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
vanboxmeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,941
vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000vanboxmeer 3501 - 4000
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ray View Post
the fuck has happened to the thread? how did AJ get into this? the fuck?

ok, first things first, AJ has nothing to do with The Sheild, secondly...Damn she plays a better heel. Her mannerisms are perfect for a heel, the sort of plotting, ima get you when you're asleep sort. Unfortunatly this forum won't apprieciate her because she is a woman, no other reason behind it, i've seen enough posts about the women to deduce that a large portion of this forum are sexist assholes who view women as inferior (this obviously doesn't apply to everyone). I'm glad, as a woman, that a woman is getting airtime and shes the best one to do so when it comes to being able to speak. unfortunately they haven't allowed her to show off her ring skills which is a shame because her NXT work was a joy to watch.

now thats out of the way, can we all just get back to talking about The Shield without being morons?
What a goof. Playing the sexist card that the lowest common denominator and thinking THAT's the reason people find her grating and annoying. Hardly surprising coming from the type of person who defended the GM AJ pus and the babyface AJ/Cena/Vickie/Dolph angle to death as being compelling television simply because you were an AJ fan who would literally jump in front of any criticism of your precious woman. People hate this crap, because it's first of all terrible television, not just because it's a woman. This is proven because there are tons of female posters who also loathe AJ and her ridiculous push. And 2nd, it does literally nothing for anybody other than a girl that doesn't even wrestle, nevermind wrestle at the quality level that her push would dictate as a main event level and actively hurts every other character that's involved in angles with her. If there was no AJ push, the incredibly stale Vickie wouldn't even be given this amount of television time since her only purpose is to put over this girl.
__________________
I do have one question for anyone who might feel that Dwayne Johnson "owes" the business. Is it just him, or is it anyone who moved on to other things? Should Luna Vachon get heat for running a towing company instead of working on RAW? Should Maven be critiqued on his Home Shopping Network bits instead of wrestling?

Or is it only the ones who go on to highly visible careers in movies that owe something? Why do Johnson (who left after putting people over, doing the traditionally "right thing") and Lesnar (who did not; except for making Eddie a legitimate star) get called sell-outs who "forgot where they came from" when someone who retires to do some regular job get credit (as they should) for moving on and making it without falling into a sea of addiction?
vanboxmeer is online now  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #2514 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
DannyMack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 196
DannyMack 50 - 100
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

I think they'll say that the reason why they targeted Ric Flair and Tommy Dreamer is because they are the past and The Shield is the future and that wrestlers from the past have no place on THEIR show. Also, the reason why they attacked Ricardo is because he protested against their attack on Dreamer, and as Roman Reigns has said himself; "Nobody says no to The Shield". At least...that's what I think they'll say.
__________________
DannyMack is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #2515 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Eddie Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,371
Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanboxmeer View Post
What a goof. Playing the sexist card that the lowest common denominator and thinking THAT's the reason people find her grating and annoying. Hardly surprising coming from the type of person who defended the GM AJ pus and the babyface AJ/Cena/Vickie/Dolph angle to death as being compelling television simply because you were an AJ fan who would literally jump in front of any criticism of your precious woman. People hate this crap, because it's first of all terrible television, not just because it's a woman. This is proven because there are tons of female posters who also loathe AJ and her ridiculous push. And 2nd, it does literally nothing for anybody other than a girl that doesn't even wrestle, nevermind wrestle at the quality level that her push would dictate as a main event level and actively hurts every other character that's involved in angles with her. If there was no AJ push, the incredibly stale Vickie wouldn't even be given this amount of television time since her only purpose is to put over this girl.
i'm noth saying everyone is sexist but htere is a clear sexist attitude on this forum that, I believe, contributes to this hate. Its an observation and i'm not using as a scape goat. Such comments usually involve sexist language so isn't it fair to assume such a thing based on it? just as if someone used homophobic language when refeering to gay character, isn't that a fair observation to make?

The sad thing is, she DOES have in ring talent but for some reason the WWE don't want to show it, which irritates me to death because her strongest point was her in ring skills, shes no Sara Del Rey but she can carry herself through a match better than 70% of the divas roster and her Octopus stretch is a move I mark out for, but we just don't see it, unfortunately.

She is also the best current female on the mic. that is a fact. All the other girls sound like they are reading off a teleprompter. AJ at least puts emotion and character into her words and she has a gimmick. She is also good at nuanced facial expressions which is so vital in creating ones character.

AJ isn't the only woman I mark for but unfortunately the next woman I like is still in NXT (Paige)

Oh and just for the record...the AJ Cena thing was painful to me too...it was kinda pointless and cringeworthy. the kane punk and bryan thing was atleast entertaining and led to Team Hell No being created. Also I still love seeing AJ push Punk into a table. that moment was epic imo.
__________________

TEAM AMBROSE

Last edited by Eddie Ray : 12-18-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Eddie Ray is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #2516 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 365
AntUK 101 - 250AntUK 101 - 250
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMack View Post
I think they'll say that the reason why they targeted Ric Flair and Tommy Dreamer is because they are the past and The Shield is the future and that wrestlers from the past have no place on THEIR show. Also, the reason why they attacked Ricardo is because he protested against their attack on Dreamer, and as Roman Reigns has said himself; "Nobody says no to The Shield". At least...that's what I think they'll say.
Yeah i got the Ricardo beatdown, was wondering about the Flair/Dreamer, but as you "its a injustice that these old guys on the show instead of us,since the shield weren't "officially2 booked on the show and in flairs case disrespecting the WWE champ" that makes sense i can get the logic behind that.
AntUK is online now  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #2517 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Asenath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,432
Asenath 501 - 1000Asenath 501 - 1000Asenath 501 - 1000Asenath 501 - 1000Asenath 501 - 1000Asenath 501 - 1000
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntUK View Post
any ideas on why they attacked Dreamer what "injustice" will they try to use to justify that, i really dont want them turning into some random thugs, i really liked them playing up the "they have their own beliefs/code/ethics and they stick to that" angle.
I think the Dreamer attack was an easter egg for all the Ambrose/Moxley fangirls and fanboys at home. And maybe for him, too. On multiple occasions in interviews, he asserted his own fanboy tendencies for the classic ECW and one of the matches he mentioned frequently was getting to work with Dreamer in the indies.

I don't think it will have long-reaching plotline significance. It's just something for those of us obsessive nuts watching at home.

Edited to Add: Eddie Ray, don't let VanWhatsisface rustle your jimmies. He does this in any thread where women's wrestling is touched on in the slightest. Bless his heart.
__________________
Ainsi sera, groigne qui groigne.


Last edited by Asenath : 12-18-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Asenath is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #2518 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
nemesisdivina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,060
nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500nemesisdivina 3001 - 3500
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Their theme sounds like a remix of Nathan Jones's theme.

__________________
nemesisdivina is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #2519 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 365
AntUK 101 - 250AntUK 101 - 250
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asenath View Post
I think the Dreamer attack was an easter egg for all the Ambrose/Moxley fangirls and fanboys at home. And maybe for him, too. On multiple occasions in interviews, he asserted his own fanboy tendencies for the classic ECW and one of the matches he mentioned frequently was getting to work with Dreamer in the indies.

I don't think it will have long-reaching plotline significance. It's just something for those of us obsessive nuts watching at home.
ahh now i see, sorry im not offay with anything outside of WWE anyones done recently, or well anything wrestling wise since 2005-ish

Nice to know, and makes sense for them to have it on a throwaway slammy show.
AntUK is online now  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #2520 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,142
Telos 501 - 1000Telos 501 - 1000Telos 501 - 1000Telos 501 - 1000Telos 501 - 1000Telos 501 - 1000Telos 501 - 1000Telos 501 - 1000
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asenath View Post
I think the Dreamer attack was an easter egg for all the Ambrose/Moxley fangirls and fanboys at home. And maybe for him, too. On multiple occasions in interviews, he asserted his own fanboy tendencies for the classic ECW and one of the matches he mentioned frequently was getting to work with Dreamer in the indies.

I don't think it will have long-reaching plotline significance. It's just something for those of us obsessive nuts watching at home.
Excellent point. Ambrose and Dreamer probably had a nice hug and laugh about it after the show.
__________________


Thanks to tehOne for the sig
Telos is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios