The Shield Discussion Thread - Page 177 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Most impressive member of The Shield?

Ambrose 802 63.35%
Rollins 158 12.48%
Reigns 306 24.17%
Voters: 1266. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #1761 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,720
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Yeah I agree. I was actually worried about how they debuted Ambrose and it was rumoured to be that HHH didn't want to put him on TV without having him in a storyline because he was a fan. I wonder if that is why this seems to be booked well, because it is actually thought through?

I think all 3 men have been booked to look good at the moment and they need to keep the momentum up. A win at TLC should occur, even though it isn't necessarily needed. But for once, I feel the WWE is unpredictable in something other than a main event title feud. It's exciting.
That's probably it. Which is great. I didn't mind the hold off for Ambrose or Rollins if it meant they would be used in a capacity that had a thought process behind it. Someone like Cesaro seemed to appear without much thought until he got slapped with the United States Championship. Granted he's still not doing a program. Only winning and impressing via his matches. Where as The Shield debuted and began with a program from the outset. It's a nice change of pace than the formula of "new guy debuts, squashes, eventually does something with a more credible worker, etc."

I think they'll put out the win. Ryback being involved may make some think otherwise. Like I stated, Danielson or Kane could easily eat the pinfall without it having any negative effect towards Ryback. Who knows, maybe Punk will distract or take out Ryback. It will keep that program alive and add intrigue to whether or not he's aligned with The Shield.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #1762 (permalink)
Crumbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Infraction City
Posts: 12,542
Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
That's probably it. Which is great. I didn't mind the hold off for Ambrose or Rollins if it meant they would be used in a capacity that had a thought process behind it. Someone like Cesaro seemed to appear without much thought until he got slapped with the United States Championship. Granted he's still not doing a program. Only winning and impressing via his matches. Where as The Shield debuted and began with a program from the outset. It's a nice change of pace than the formula of "new guy debuts, squashes, eventually does something with a more credible worker, etc."

I think they'll put out the win. Ryback being involved may make some think otherwise. Like I stated, Danielson or Kane could easily eat the pinfall without it having any negative effect towards Ryback. Who knows, maybe Punk will distract or take out Ryback. It will keep that program alive and add intrigue to whether or not he's aligned with The Shield.
Yeah I completely agree. I'm glad for Cesaro though he's seemed to make it work for himself. Mainly due to the fact that he has impressed many in the ring.

To be honest, I wouldn't be heartbroken at a Shield loss, they'll eventually lose anyway as long as they don't look fucking weak. Like being thrown each through a table, some through the announcers table, numerous beat downs and Kane/Bryan/Ryback all standing tall at the end, otherwise its pointless.

Keep the feud going, add intrigue to it. Let the WWE fans know that this team is the real deal and it will take more than Tag Team Champions and Ryback to beat them. Keep them wondering who can actually beat them and who is behind the whole thing.

Perhaps Maddox interferes?
Cookie Monster is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #1763 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,720
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Yeah I completely agree. I'm glad for Cesaro though he's seemed to make it work for himself. Mainly due to the fact that he has impressed many in the ring.

To be honest, I wouldn't be heartbroken at a Shield loss, they'll eventually lose anyway as long as they don't look fucking weak. Like being thrown each through a table, some through the announcers table, numerous beat downs and Kane/Bryan/Ryback all standing tall at the end, otherwise its pointless.

Keep the feud going, add intrigue to it. Let the WWE fans know that this team is the real deal and it will take more than Tag Team Champions and Ryback to beat them. Keep them wondering who can actually beat them and who is behind the whole thing.

Perhaps Maddox interferes?
Absolutely. He's on a good road right now.

Nor would I. I'm just on the fence that they'll win. Don't know why, but that's what I see. I'll be happy either way. Gonna sit back and enjoy the match. The Shield could use a win. It certainly wouldn't hurt things. As could Ryback and Hell No. Tag champs showing why they're on top and possibly more of a program with Shield.

Maddox is a good possibility. I'm actually one of the guys who thinks he's aligned with the Shield. So, if I had to select anyone to show up - I would pick Maddox.

Although Punk HAS to appear on the PPV in some capacity. Maybe not interfering. Perhaps a promo that could hint foreshadowing? I can't see him missing the event all b/c he's currently inactive.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #1764 (permalink)
Believe in Seth Rollins
 
Sith Rollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 17,613
Sith Rollins has made a name for themselvesSith Rollins has made a name for themselvesSith Rollins has made a name for themselvesSith Rollins has made a name for themselvesSith Rollins has made a name for themselvesSith Rollins has made a name for themselvesSith Rollins has made a name for themselvesSith Rollins has made a name for themselvesSith Rollins has made a name for themselvesSith Rollins has made a name for themselvesSith Rollins has made a name for themselves
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

I could see Roman and Ryback fighting somewhere away from the ring. Leaving the other 4, then DB and Kane do their lil.anger issues thing leading to someone being put through a table and losing. Most likely DB getting slammed through it to lose.

This match is very interesting though, I think Shield should win only because WWE could possibly make huge stars out of the trio. ryback is hot right now but theres so much you can do with someone who cant cut a promo or have a decen one on one match.
__________________

Sig by ChampviaDQ aka Da Graphics GAWD
Sith Rollins is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #1765 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,720
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Interesting is the best word for the match. Quite a bit of possibilities to the throw out involving the booking aspect and match content. I'm pumped for it.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #1766 (permalink)
Crumbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Infraction City
Posts: 12,542
Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
Absolutely. He's on a good road right now.

Nor would I. I'm just on the fence that they'll win. Don't know why, but that's what I see. I'll be happy either way. Gonna sit back and enjoy the match. The Shield could use a win. It certainly wouldn't hurt things. As could Ryback and Hell No. Tag champs showing why they're on top and possibly more of a program with Shield.

Maddox is a good possibility. I'm actually one of the guys who thinks he's aligned with the Shield. So, if I had to select anyone to show up - I would pick Maddox.

Although Punk HAS to appear on the PPV in some capacity. Maybe not interfering. Perhaps a promo that could hint foreshadowing? I can't see him missing the event all b/c he's currently inactive.
I agree. I just can't wait for the match. I mean just to see Ambrose and Rollins in a WWE ring competing is just great stuff for everyone all round. I hadn't seen Ambrose wrestle before WWE but I had obviously seen his mic work and followed him that way, I saw a lot of his FCW work, most notably his matches with Rollins and feud with Regal and I just can't wait. Been a fan of Rollins in ring work for a while, Rollins, Ambrose and Bryan in the same ring? Yes please.

Yeah, I'm with you on the Maddox thing. It can't be coincidence that Maddox screws Ryback out of the title only for The Shield to go and do it the following PPV. Agree about Punk too. it would be very stupid not to have your WWE Champion show up in some capacity. Wouldn't actually surprise me if he does cut a promo during the PPV though, good shout that!
Cookie Monster is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #1767 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Taker-Tribute-Act's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,514
Taker-Tribute-Act needs to take rep more seriousTaker-Tribute-Act needs to take rep more seriousTaker-Tribute-Act needs to take rep more seriousTaker-Tribute-Act needs to take rep more seriousTaker-Tribute-Act needs to take rep more seriousTaker-Tribute-Act needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

I'm liking the 'Sword and Shield' concept. And yeah, announcing Lesnar for a PPV would bring more buys. However, if he appears unannounced, surely that would get more people interested in the product leading up to the Rumble?

I also think it would be a good metaphor for The Shield being there to protect, and the Sword for Attack. Bringing Lesnar in would have a big impact in the role he plays at 'Mania though.
Taker-Tribute-Act is online now  
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #1768 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,720
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
I agree. I just can't wait for the match. I mean just to see Ambrose and Rollins in a WWE ring competing is just great stuff for everyone all round. I hadn't seen Ambrose wrestle before WWE but I had obviously seen his mic work and followed him that way, I saw a lot of his FCW work, most notably his matches with Rollins and feud with Regal and I just can't wait. Been a fan of Rollins in ring work for a while, Rollins, Ambrose and Bryan in the same ring? Yes please.

Yeah, I'm with you on the Maddox thing. It can't be coincidence that Maddox screws Ryback out of the title only for The Shield to go and do it the following PPV. Agree about Punk too. it would be very stupid not to have your WWE Champion show up in some capacity. Wouldn't actually surprise me if he does cut a promo during the PPV though, good shout that!
It's funny. I first saw Ambrose as Jon Moxley in 2006. My interest was less than what it is now for an understatement. Little did I know with a simple gimmick change the man would end up being one of the best I can see work a mic and a character. He's impressed me so much. Yep. I'm i the same boat with being a Black/Rollins fan for a while. The moment I saw him I was hooked. That's why I'm sold on this angle from a personal perspective. Also, from a perspective of it's actually going quite well too. That's the real clincher.

It seems hand in hand. What else could be in store for Maddox if not this? I'm sure to possibly keep trying to earn a win and doing the youtube stuff. But, I think that's all a filler thing for him to establish his character till he could join up with The Shield. They technically don't even have to be partners. They could have made a deal to get themselves known/take care of things themselves.

Punker has to show. Promo from the skybox or something. It's got to happen.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #1769 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
DetroitRiverPhx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,922
DetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friends
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

HHH still needs his win back over Lesnar so he's coming back sooner or later. Brock siding with Heyman and The Shield and running roughshod would be a necessary impetus for HHH coming back one last time.
DetroitRiverPhx is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #1770 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,720
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

I'd prefer no rematch between Lesnar & Game. Personally wouldn't be invested in Triple H becoming involved with this. I guess it would make sense being a figure head, wanting to control his company, that he would get involved.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios