Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack - Page 32 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Did WWE cross the line with Jerry Lawler tonight?

Yes 191 31.01%
No 404 65.58%
Undecided 21 3.41%
Voters: 616. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #311 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Razor Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 221
Razor Mike 101 - 250Razor Mike 101 - 250
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatekrang View Post
i disagree with it, because they do all that anti bullying, breast cancer, all that shite. its hypercritical to push that while doing this kind of shit. if this is ok, why not having characters who rape women, or make fun of cancer or some shit.
I think within certain boundaries, the WWE should be allowed to have characters that display things in society that aren't considered acceptable. Bullying exists in society and CM Punk is being portrayed as a bad guy, not a face. If he had segments like this when he was a face, in my opinion it wouldn't be acceptable, but this is the whole point of heels. To do unacceptable things so that a guy who is portrayed as a good guy, like John Cena, can stop them from doing those things. The end result being, the face, or the guy who is viewed as an acceptable individual conquers the heel. It's classic wrestling physcology.
Razor Mike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #312 (permalink)
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,254
WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500WrestlingforEverII 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLives View Post
Its two completely different situations. Dont see the reason to bring that up.
Doesn't matter if you feel tha way. I just want to know how many people would still be liking it if he was dead.
WrestlingforEverII is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #313 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Posts: 3,489
DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

This thread is too long to read all posts so I don't know if someone already posted something similar but if Jerry Lawler has no problem with it why should anybody else? It was a scripted segment to make a heel even more hated and maybe it was even the idea of Jerry Lawler to bring this real life situation into it to make a segment more edgy.
Look at the last year and all the jokes Michael Cole made about the mother of Jerry who passed away days earlier and months later both sit at the announce table and laugh together and months later Cole had almost a breakdown because his good friend Jerry had a heart attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
The fact that people are defending this is disgusting. Then again, wrestling is trashy. And fuck, Vince McMahon is one sick dude. The same guy that exploited Eddie's death, had satanic sacrifices performed on TV, and practiced necrophilia.....he has no boundaries.
I defend it because Jerry Lawler is well and Jerry Lawler had no problems with it. If Zach Gowen has no problems or even had the idea to participate in a storyline where his opponents makes fun of his missing leg why should I be disgusted?
You can say that it's disrespectful to other people who suffered a heart attack but that's ridiculous and it's like saying that if Mark Henry makes fun of Big Show because his leg is broken he makes fun of every man in the world with a broken leg.
And nobody would say when watching a movie where somebody is mocked that it's disrespectful because it's only a movie.
This is entertainment, no matter if it's great or disturbing, it's entertainment and I defend it because it's scripted.
I don't need to find a segment funny to defend it, I defend it because it's part of the show.
You can't compare it with the "Eddie is dead" segment. First this tragedy ended with a bad news and not a good news like in the case of the King and second, Eddie was dead and couldn't decide if he wants to be a part of a storyline unlike Lawler who had no problems with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chargebeam View Post
The segment didn't offend me, but I seriously wonder how they will continue promoting their Be A Star bullshit now.
Why should it be a problem? If George Clooney plays a bully in a movie why should it affect George Clooney the actor? There is a difference between entertainment and reality
__________________
DualShock is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #314 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Falkono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,343
Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Goes to show you what kind of world we now live in when people think that is funny.

As for saying it is edgy that is not edgy, that is desperate and scrapping the barrel.
Saying its ok because King thought it was ok is beyond the point. Imagine his family who sat at his bed side not knowing if he would live or die. Do you think they thought it was funny? In the AE they had good writing, they didn't need to resort to someones near death as a way to give someone cheap heat. It is no different then Punk coming out when the cancer segment was happening, ripping up the $1m cheque and taking the piss out of the cancer victims. And if you find that funny then you are one sick fuck....

Also if you replay it your see Cole was not happy about it at all. He said it was pathetic a few times and said it shouldn't of happened. Sounded genuinely annoyed and you can't blame him.
Falkono is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #315 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,033
Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
Goes to show you what kind of world we now live in when people think that is funny.

As for saying it is edgy that is not edgy, that is desperate and scrapping the barrel.
Saying its ok because King thought it was ok is beyond the point. Imagine his family who sat at his bed side not knowing if he would live or die. Do you think they thought it was funny? In the AE they had good writing, they didn't need to resort to someones near death as a way to give someone cheap heat. It is no different then Punk coming out when the cancer segment was happening, ripping up the $1m cheque and taking the piss out of the cancer victims. And if you find that funny then you are one sick fuck....

Also if you replay it your see Cole was not happy about it at all. He said it was pathetic a few times and said it shouldn't of happened. Sounded genuinely annoyed and you can't blame him.
Wrestling is fake.

Sorry to spoil it for you.
Karma101 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #316 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Falkono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,343
Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma101 View Post
Wrestling is fake.

Sorry to spoil it for you.
Sorry but what does that have to do with anything at all?

So what your saying is WWE could come out and rip on people who died and because it is fake it doesn't matter?

Another fine example of the current fan base.....
Falkono is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #317 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,033
Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500Karma101 2001 - 2500
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
So what your saying is WWE could come out and rip on people who died and because it is fake it doesn't matter?
It wasn't a segment designed for laughter, it was a segment designed so that people would hate Punk and it's clearly working.

And yes it's ok to do it because it's fake, stuff like this happens all the time with bad guys in TV shows and movies and I don't see how this is any different.
Karma101 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #318 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
TheF1BOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK, England
Posts: 2,373
TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000TheF1BOB 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Lets make fun of the guy who nearly died because he gave the green light, right?

This is a sick world we live in, a sick world.
__________________


The Moment Wrestling Died
TheF1BOB is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #319 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 292
EmoKidTV 50 - 100
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

No , that was awesome . I hate Jerry Lawler , I hate PG so that was gold .

#InPunkWeTrust
__________________
EmoKidTV is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #320 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Falkono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,343
Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma101 View Post
It wasn't a segment designed for laughter, it was a segment designed so that people would hate Punk and it's clearly working.

And yes it's ok to do it because it's fake, stuff like this happens all the time with bad guys in TV shows and movies and I don't see how this is any different.
Mate no offence but you are fucking deluded.....watching too much tv has warped your ability to tell when something is real and when something isn't.

Bad guys in tv shows is all fake....they do not use a real life event where someone died or nearly died to create a story to then get one of the bad guys hated more... Name me one programme that did that?!
The fact you can't tell the difference tells me all I need to know about you. And it doesn't make people hate punk it makes people hate the company.
Falkono is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios