Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack - Page 19 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Did WWE cross the line with Jerry Lawler tonight?
Yes 191 31.01%
No 404 65.58%
Undecided 21 3.41%
Voters: 616. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Gone. Be back next Monday!
 
Headliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 44,753
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
I agree, I saw alot of people on WWE's FB page and even here saying they stopped watching after that. For some, it was just that segment, and for others it was because the show was so shitty beforehand (awful AJ/Vickie segment) and that was the last straw
I got a call from two people, and called one.

The first one was from someone who was at the arena. Old friend. He said a lot of people around him were pretty upset at the whole thing. One person considered leaving, and others around him found it hard to get back into the show.

The other was someone that you would consider a casual. He tuned out and never turned the TV back on.

The last was someone I called who has been watching since the mid 90's. He said he tuned out and didn't turn back until the main-event. He just felt like the show was going to be very uncomfortable for him to watch after that so he chose to watch something else until the main-event aired because he wanted to see the outcome of Punk/Cena.

Headliner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 AM
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
The One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
Perfectly stable drinking kool-aid atm.

So basically you guys are puppets. If Lawler's ok with it, you're ok with it. If he's not, you're not. Instead of having your own opinion on what's right or wrong?

Wrestling fans.
Oh, cool. About the incident. I think it was a good way for Punk to get heat from the smark crowd. Think about it, why else would they do something so low? It served its purpose.

The One is offline  
post #183 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 75,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
So basically you guys are puppets. If Lawler's ok with it, you're ok with it. If he's not, you're not. Instead of having your own opinion on what's right or wrong?

Wrestling fans.
Ok, so basically you're saying it's wrong no matter what, and FUCK what Lawler thinks himself, right? His opinion, the victim, doesn't matter here. If he's perfectly fine to make a storyline out of his own situation and it doesn't bother him, and he's moved past it, NO GOD DAMN IT IT'S STILL WRONG BECAUSE YOU NEVER PULL THAT KIND OF SHIT!

What kind of sense does that make?

If only...

Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #184 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by You_heard? View Post
Oh, cool. About the incident. I think it was a good way for Punk to get heat from the smark crowd. Think about it, why else would they do something so low? It served its purpose.
It failed, he was still getting cheered by the smarks during and after. When he first came out, people were bowing in the crowd . I could barely hear the boos, and he still got cheered over Cena in the ME. He also got little reaction when he came out in the ME (Foley got none)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline  
post #185 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 AM
46 and 2
 
Hit-Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DO YOU THINK ME WICKED?
Posts: 11,304
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Ok, so basically you're saying it's wrong no matter what, and FUCK what Lawler thinks himself, right? His opinion, the victim, doesn't matter here. If he's perfectly fine to make a storyline out of his own situation and it doesn't bother him, and he's moved past it, NO GOD DAMN IT IT'S STILL WRONG BECAUSE YOU NEVER PULL THAT KIND OF SHIT!

What kind of sense does that make?
Well to be fair, if someone got raped and wanted to make fun of that situation there are some that wouldn't care if he/she was okay with it. Sometimes it goes beyond that with fans. And I can see that.



-sig by CHAMPviaDQ

WE'RE THE BAD NEWS, WE'RE THE YOUNG GUNS, WE'RE THE ONES THAT THEY TOLD YOU TO RUN FROM.
Hit-Girl is offline  
post #186 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Ok, so basically you're saying it's wrong no matter what, and FUCK what Lawler thinks himself, right? His opinion, the victim, doesn't matter here. If he's perfectly fine to make a storyline out of his own situation and it doesn't bother him, and he's moved past it, NO GOD DAMN IT IT'S STILL WRONG BECAUSE YOU NEVER PULL THAT KIND OF SHIT!

What kind of sense does that make?
What's your opinion on Heymans fake heart attack? Do you think that was needed? I sure as fuck don't, it looked like he was making fun of all heart attack victims there. That's where people think it went "over the line".

You could see it in the RAW discussion thread, when Punk first came out people were laughing, when Punk said "I'll beat you to death", still nothing. It only became "what the fuck" when that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline  
post #187 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
PunkDrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

This is why wrestling has a bad name.
You think just because it happened that lawyer approved it? The same way JR approved the palsy skit or being embarrassed in his home state every single time?
It was crass, if you're entertained by someone laughing at another human being for nearly dying only a few weeks ago then well done, trash tv is for you.
Enjoy it. I hear re runs of Jerry springer is on box set, what a christmas present that'll be
PunkDrunk is offline  
post #188 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

nah lawler doesnt give a shit

and i doubt vince would have coerced him. Vince has a huge amount of love for lawler

for some reason

reDREDD is offline  
post #189 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Smoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                   
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

everyone had to know they were going to do that? people are so sensitive it's going to turn the world into a over censored universe where nothing can be talked about with offending someone

this honestly didn't even bother me at all, King survived, he's okay so it makes perfect sense for punk to come out and heel it up but that didn't really matter at the end of the show the fans were still cheering the fuck out of him and booing the hell out of cena.
Smoogle is offline  
post #190 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 75,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit-Girl View Post
Well to be fair, if someone got raped and wanted to make fun of that situation there are some that wouldn't care if he/she was okay with it. Sometimes it goes beyond that with fans. And I can see that.
I HIGHLY doubt a rape victim would want to make fun of that situation, that's not the same as a heart attack. If that person gets over it, though, I'm certainly not gonna judge them for making fun of it. It's better you move on from a bad experience than don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
What's your opinion on Heymans fake heart attack? Do you think that was needed? I sure as fuck don't, it looked like he was making fun of all heart attack victims there. That's where people think it went "over the line".

You could see it in the RAW discussion thread, when Punk first came out people were laughing, when Punk said "I'll beat you to death", still nothing. It only became "what the fuck" when that happened.
I don't think it was NEEDED but it didn't upset me. I never got the impression he was mocking all heart attack victims either, just Lawler, but whatever.

If only...

Tyrion Lannister is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome