Make your mind up Vince! - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000
Default Re: Make your mind up Vince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
It's a hell of an improvement from the borefest the Foley/Punk tag was going to be.
How so? I don't want to see Cena and Punk wrestle again. Now Ryback is in the equation...the guy who is supposed to not sell and do all the big power moves is gonna be put into a match against another guy who is notorious for no selling and doing big power moves. So either way we're gonna get crappy wrestling or crappy selling. Either way, crap.

And once AGAIN, its Punk who seems to be the one who has the challenges to defy. I don't like to draw parallels with Attitude, considering how much better it was, but this match reminds me in a way of Austin vs Taker vs Kane from Breakdown 1998. It worked in that case because you had the fairly average sized Austin going against two monster heels. Hence, he had real odds to overcome to keep his title. In this case, we have Punk going against two monster babyfaces...Punk is the HEEL in this situation. Why is it he has the most to overcome? Shouldn't it be...you know...the babyface who has to overcome the odds and win? After all, in doing that, we find drama and thus, entertainment? Why would I want to see Punk get beat? He's the babyface in this situation, as far as I'm concerned.

At least with the Foley/Punk tag, I could get some enjoyment out of that because I'm a fan of the traditional Survivor Series style matches. With this...back to the same old crap I don't care about. Lackluster as the prior idea was, it was kinda unique and different-when was the last time a Survivor Series match main evented a Survivor Series PPV? Over 20 years, easily. Now its like...oh, we're back to doing this same crap from last month that I didn't care about or like...pass.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
phreddie spaghetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: taco town tx
Posts: 207
phreddie spaghetti 101 - 250phreddie spaghetti 101 - 250
Default Re: Make your mind up Vince!

'Mania 29:

Ryberg/Cena

Rock/Punk

Bork/Hunter

I was really hoping Sheamus was champ till April and have Dragon get his revenge back then have Ziggles cash in MitB.
__________________
phreddie spaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
It's Coming.
 
Bob the Jobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,111
Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Make your mind up Vince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
How so? I don't want to see Cena and Punk wrestle again. Now Ryback is in the equation...the guy who is supposed to not sell and do all the big power moves is gonna be put into a match against another guy who is notorious for no selling and doing big power moves. So either way we're gonna get crappy wrestling or crappy selling. Either way, crap.
Yes, because that tag match was going to bring the roof down. It's more entertaining because it will have to be a complete clusterfuck not to be. Punk/Ryback/Cena is vastly superior to Team Foley/Punk in every way. Punk will be the sneaky heel that will pick his spot after getting pummeled for most of the match and capitalize when the two faces bicker and start fighting each other. It's pretty simple, they can still book it out as a weaselly win quite easily.
Bob the Jobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
jonoaries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 555 Centaur Dr.
Posts: 4,306
jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Make your mind up Vince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Cena is the bigger star, so Ryback/Cena would draw more than Ryback/Punk. I can't see how you'd argue otherwise. No matter the focus, they have another RAW to shift it back to both Cena and Ryback hunting Punk.

Umm no. That's already ruined. You can't keep jerking back and forth. Ryback lost and Cena got a title shot just because, its nonsense and Survivor Series buyrate isn't going up because this triple threat is on it. In fact I'm sure some people are less inclined to see it now because its back to the same ol' shit. Cena shoehorned into another main event.

This also leads to the decision: who you gonna put over? Cena? 13x WWE champion that doesn't need another title win, Ryback a rookie that hasn't worked a full match yet? Or keep the strap on Punk and make both Ryback & Cena look weak?

By leaving the SS match intact Punk could have lost in a somewhat meaningful fashion that leads to a bigger match at TLC but now what do you have? Clusterfuck? More Cena/Punk or more Punk/Ryback, even though both would have lost twice to Punk already. That's money down the toilet. No point in building Ryback just to have him continually lose in PPV main events 2-3 months straight. No point in giving Cena the strap again and its a waste of Punk's year long run just for Cena to end it.
jonoaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: like a bitch
Posts: 2,959
Rayfu was rejected by a GODDESSRayfu was rejected by a GODDESSRayfu was rejected by a GODDESSRayfu was rejected by a GODDESSRayfu was rejected by a GODDESSRayfu was rejected by a GODDESS
Default Re: Make your mind up Vince!

I think its all planed
Triple threat match was planned, Dople is feuding and will cost Cean the match, will let punk keep the titile, ryback dont get pinned, and cean and dolph fight next ppv
And this whole vikve thing is clear, its like how many fo you said Cena brought this romantic thing form no where, yet cean even asked her out a month before, but oh no, they scraped it together that night, i dont care if there was two months wherte they hinted at it, they just came up with it now, only thing possible, oh and WWE SUCKS.
Rayfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000
Default Re: Make your mind up Vince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Yes, because that tag match was going to bring the roof down. It's more entertaining because it will have to be a complete clusterfuck not to be. Punk/Ryback/Cena is vastly superior to Team Foley/Punk in every way. Punk will be the sneaky heel that will pick his spot after getting pummeled for most of the match and capitalize when the two faces bicker and start fighting each other. It's pretty simple, they can still book it out as a weaselly win quite easily.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because I couldn't care less about Punk/Ryback/Cena. I didn't last month and I certainly don't this month. You may think its superior to Foley/Punk, but at least that had a nostalgic feel and they were apparently gonna try something different. Do you actually think Punk/Ryback/Cena WILL tear the roof down? I don't. And its funny that you say it'd have to be a complete clusterfuck not to be more entertaining because judging by the past couple of main event finishes to the last few PPVs...that's exactly what we're getting.

You're right that they could book to Punk to get a weaselly win pretty easily, same as they did at Summerslam. Except I have zero faith in the WWE anymore. Fuck, they'll probably have it end in a DQ or count out somehow.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
It's Coming.
 
Bob the Jobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,111
Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Make your mind up Vince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoaries View Post
Umm no. That's already ruined. You can't keep jerking back and forth. Ryback lost and Cena got a title shot just because, its nonsense and Survivor Series buyrate isn't going up because this triple threat is on it. In fact I'm sure some people are less inclined to see it now because its back to the same ol' shit. Cena shoehorned into another main event.

This also leads to the decision: who you gonna put over? Cena? 13x WWE champion that doesn't need another title win, Ryback a rookie that hasn't worked a full match yet? Or keep the strap on Punk and make both Ryback & Cena look weak?

By leaving the SS match intact Punk could have lost in a somewhat meaningful fashion that leads to a bigger match at TLC but now what do you have? Clusterfuck? More Cena/Punk or more Punk/Ryback, even though both would have lost twice to Punk already. That's money down the toilet. No point in building Ryback just to have him continually lose in PPV main events 2-3 months straight. No point in giving Cena the strap again and its a waste of Punk's year long run just for Cena to end it.
lol. Yeah, I'm sure that there will be less buys for the PPV because the title will be on the line and the #1, #2 and a future champion will face off in the main event. Cena gets a title shot out of nowhere? Did you forget he was supposed to face Punk at HIAC before the injury. It's easy to connect those dots.

You have Ryback/Cena beat each other up after they whoop on Punk for a bit and have Punk weasel the victory. Simple. Punk walks out the champ and still gets heel heat for not actually earning the victory.
Bob the Jobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
jonoaries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 555 Centaur Dr.
Posts: 4,306
jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Make your mind up Vince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
lol. Yeah, I'm sure that there will be less buys for the PPV because the title will be on the line and the #1, #2 and a future champion will face off in the main event.

You have Ryback/Cena beat each other up after they whoop on Punk for a bit and have Punk weasel the victory. Simple. Punk walks out the champ and still gets heel heat for not actually earning the victory.
From a casual's perspective its not an interesting match and it won't be a well worked match either. You had more options with the original plan, but I digress, you seem to be applying short term WWE-logic to this situation and also....You skipped the part about TLC, you know there is another PPV coming not too long after this one and it needs a main event its almost guaranteed to be some sort of rehash of what's been going on since August. Ho hum
jonoaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
sesshomaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,847
sesshomaru 1001 - 1500sesshomaru 1001 - 1500sesshomaru 1001 - 1500sesshomaru 1001 - 1500sesshomaru 1001 - 1500sesshomaru 1001 - 1500sesshomaru 1001 - 1500sesshomaru 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Make your mind up Vince!

At first I was annoyed, but now that I think about it, at least the card is better now. They can take the Triple Threat in 3 paths:
1. Punk wins and doodles around until January, where he feuds with Rock. Cena/Ryback will feud with no title involved.
2. Cena wins, and Ryback's chasing a Champion that will ultimately pass him the torch at some point, giving Ryback tons of credibility.
3. Ryback wins, and they have another triple threat at TLC.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic155408_3.gif
sesshomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
It's Coming.
 
Bob the Jobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,111
Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500Bob the Jobber 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Make your mind up Vince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoaries View Post
From a casual's perspective its not an interesting match and it won't be a well worked match either. You had more options with the original plan, but I digress, you seem to be applying short term WWE-logic to this situation and also....You skipped the part about TLC, you know there is another PPV coming not too long after this one and it needs a main event its almost guaranteed to be some sort of rehash of what's been going on since August. Ho hum
You're off your rocker.

Punk/Cena/Ryback isn't interesting to casuals? Wow.
Bob the Jobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios