Originally Posted by Bob the Jobber
It serves multiple purposes.
1. It keeps Cena out of the WWE title picture. He can be a main eventer without tangling with Punk.
2. It fuels the Ziggler/Cena feud.
3. It keeps the most over diva on the roster with significant TV time.
4. It allows Ziggler to get the most mic time he's ever had. It allows them to see what he's capable of before giving him his title reign.
5. It gives a long term storyline for the RAW to be anchored around.
Good or bad, depending on how you look at the actual execution, the idea around it serves a great many of purposes.
1. Where is it said that every feud Cena is in has to be the main event?
2. This worries me because its looking more and more like Dolph is losing and made to look like a fool.
3. She's a diva-she doesn't require nor warrant significant air time. She could go away forever and it wouldn't affect anything, that's how useless she is.
4. I agree, I just wish it was under better circumstances.
5. Raw doesn't need to be anchored around a story like this. Its shit, makes zero sense, is horrendously acted and is just terrible in every way. Shouldn't the long term story be Rock's title match at the Rumble? Seems to me that would be the logical one to go with, or something revolving around the title to build up its importance so that Rock can fly with it. That is gonna draw big money. This story, on the other hand, will be lucky if it draws flies to its aroma of crap.