Kofi Kingston Sucks - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
1TheRockHHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: omaha
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Kofi Kingston Sucks

Kofi Kingston sucks? lol Say what you want about him but when you compare him to someone like Zack ryder he sure doesn't suck

All Time Favorites: Triple H,The Rock,Shawn Michaels,Stone Cold,Randy Orton,Undertaker,Kurt Angle,Edge,Chris Jericho,Eddie Guerrero,Rey Mysterio,Jeff Hardy

Currently Supporting: Randy Orton,The Miz,Wade Barret,Sheamus,Kofi Kingston,The Usos,Damien Sandow,The Shield,
1TheRockHHH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
TheSupremeForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Kofi Kingston Sucks

I don't think Kofi "sucks" but I do agree that he often seems to be phoning in his matches. Watch him compete against top in-ring guys and he looks like he belongs. He grapples well, has good matwork, etc. The rest of the time he pretty much just jumps a lot. He also tends to be sloppier in his execution when he's in say a random tag match than when he's trying to keep up with Ziggler or Jericho.
TheSupremeForce is offline  
post #13 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Kofi Kingston Sucks

Kofi is cool, i expect him to do some athletics stuff every week and he does just that, he has fast paced matches pulls out some cool moves and im always in a good mood watching him..after seeing his stuff in that cribs type of show i like him even more..

i dont take wrestling so damn seriously since ive been watching since the 90's so thinking outside a realistic point of view while being a typical crying IWC member like the threadstarter is something im not accustomed to..but hey to each its own.
alliance is offline  
post #14 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Kofi Kingston Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by x78 View Post
There are worse guys on the roster than Kingston, however I understand where you are coming from.
Yes, there are guys worse than him. There are guys better than him too. That's not really the point though. This all spawned, initially, because I used Kofi as my example for someone that Vince McMahon could make an example out of. The reason I used Kofi is because he is the poster child of everything I hate about current WWE. It might be because moral has been decimated due to the WWE machine chewing up & spitting out anyone that they're not ready to use (like Zack Ryder getting himself over as an example) but Jim Ross made a great point:



Kofi is a WWE guy, trained by OVW & he doesn't know anything other than WWE style. He's not wrestled in other areas to expand his repertoire, he's never worked in a promotion in Mexico or Japan. He didn't work territories or WCW or ECW because they don't exist anymore. He learned how to work one way & he's content with that. That's what the future is. A bunch of WWE trained guys working WWE seven minute, paint-by-the-numbers matches. Nothing new, exciting or innovative. It's why the show is boring. It's why it all feels recycled & rehashed.

"I would rather find another profession if I'm not going to be successful." - Jim Ross
Coffey is offline  
post #15 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Asenath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Kofi Kingston Sucks

I have no idea what you mean. I think he would fill the smiling babyface role Sheamus is awkwardly being shoved in. I think he would already be higher on the card, if it weren't for the WWE (and the audience) and their problematic attitudes on race.
Asenath is offline  
post #16 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Alleluia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Kofi Kingston Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk-In View Post
Maybe try reading the OP before smashing the keyboard with your forehead?
Maybe try realizing that Kofi is actually very talented and plays a good role as a mid-carder?

Alleluia is offline  
post #17 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Kofi Kingston Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia View Post
Maybe try realizing that Kofi is actually very talented and plays a good role as a mid-carder?
COMPELLING ARGUMENT!

That fool proof defense of "no, you're wrong." I'm sure you would be great at politics!
Coffey is offline  
post #18 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 PM
777
Paid My Dues
 
777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cave of the Great Spirit
Posts: 7,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Kofi Kingston Sucks

A little harsh, Kofi can have a really great match given the proper opponent a la Ziggler two weeks ago.


I love professional-wrestling.

"One thing I found out through my experiences in life is that if I don't like something, usually it's me who has to change." - Eddie Guerrero
777 is offline  
post #19 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
TheSupremeForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Kofi Kingston Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
A little harsh, Kofi can have a really great match given the proper opponent a la Ziggler two weeks ago.
That actually makes me like Kofi less. If I thought the guy was limited, that would be one thing, but I know the guy can really go in the ring when he wants to. Instead, he jumps really high in his matches (usually over the guy he's jumping at).
TheSupremeForce is offline  
post #20 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Exclamation Re: Kofi Kingston Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
A little harsh, Kofi can have a really great match given the proper opponent a la Ziggler two weeks ago.
How many guys have had a "bad" match with Dolph Ziggler lately? Especially when given that much time.

Has Kofi ever had a good feud? Outside of that Dolph match & some spots in TLC matches he seems completely forgettable. Sans when he blew his chance by botching his test against Randy Orton.



What does Kofi bring to the table? If it's just he's athletic & he can be carried that means he's completely expendable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSupremeForce View Post
That actually makes me like Kofi less. If I thought the guy was limited, that would be one thing, but I know the guy can really go in the ring when he wants to.
He's half-assing it, which is what I've been saying.
Coffey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome