Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches] - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #61 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 2,181
NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500NathWFC 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
You didn't say it was easy, but you commented on how "Lesnar and Goldberg could do their moves to Tensai", as if it's just as easy as what Ryback does.

It isn't. At all. Ryback could've thrown his back out doing it the way he does, since he's lifting "incorrectly". Something you SHOULD know as a trainer, and certainly shouldn't warrant comments about how Lesnar could fireman's carry bigger guys when that's about 50% easier than how Ryback was tying to lift a sandbagging Tensai. A straight suplex isn't much easier, but it is a bit easier.

You're also dead wrong about Ryback coming up "considerably short" of Goldberg and Lesnar in the power department too. I will list their actual power numbers later in this post in reply to the other guy too. But in a nutshell, Ryback's confirmed power numbers are 5% higher than Goldberg's confirmed power numbers. Goldberg claimed in interviews that he could do 10% more than his own confirmed numbers (which would mean he was only 4.5% stronger than Ryback); however, nobody else has substantiated it.



You're 1/3rd right. Lesnar is stronger than both. . .now (not before). Goldberg's alleged bench press is more than Ryback, but his confirmed bench press is less. Even if his alleged bench press was what he says it is, it's not "not even close".

Goldberg's alleged bench press: 550 lbs. However, I have seen elsewhere that the most he's ever done is 500 lbs. The only place I've heard Goldberg hitting 550 lbs was from his own mouth. Nobody's seen it and said "yeah I've seen him do 550".

Ryback's: 525 lbs.

Alleged bench press: 25 lbs more, aka 4.5% more.

So he'd have 95.5% of Goldberg's alleged bench press, and 105% of his confirmed bench press.

I can't find a reputable site with their confirmed squat or deadlift numbers, or I'd also post those.

Lesnar's old bench numbers were 475 lbs with WWE, and it has increased over the years to allegedly nearly 600 lbs according to some sources on MMA sites.
Again, I never once said his move is "easy" to do on someone like Tensai, simply that based on everything I've seen of all three I personally would think that Lesnar and Goldberg could pull off the same move 100% of the time, which Ryback clearly cannot, and with more ease.

Also there's a lot more to the sort of explosive power Goldberg and Lesnar had than just unsubstantiated 1 rep max bench press numbers. Even if Ryback could bench 25 lbs more than Goldberg for 1 rep, which I doubt, it doesn't mean that he's as powerful/strong overall. The type of explosive power Goldberg had and displayed during his wrestling career brought a number of different muscles in to play, and it was that overall combination that made him so explosively powerful.

In a lift like a clean and press or clean and jerk, Goldberg would embarrass Ryback.

Last edited by NathWFC : 10-01-2012 at 10:31 PM.
NathWFC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #62 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Stall_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego California
Posts: 2,032
Stall_19 1001 - 1500Stall_19 1001 - 1500Stall_19 1001 - 1500Stall_19 1001 - 1500Stall_19 1001 - 1500Stall_19 1001 - 1500Stall_19 1001 - 1500Stall_19 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

That was embarrassing. And I say this as a Ryback fan. Yeesh....
__________________
Stall_19 is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #63 (permalink)
Praise the Sun
 
SoupBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 14,440
SoupBro 13001 - 13500SoupBro 13001 - 13500SoupBro 13001 - 13500SoupBro 13001 - 13500SoupBro 13001 - 13500SoupBro 13001 - 13500SoupBro 13001 - 13500SoupBro 13001 - 13500SoupBro 13001 - 13500SoupBro 13001 - 13500SoupBro 13001 - 13500
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

Why do ppl think he sandbagged. Ryback just looked weird picking him up. With that move to its prob difficult on bigger guys. He did it on SD but struggled there too seeing how shaky and wobbly his legs were.

I laughed my ass seeing it though. Guy has been jobbing 100 pound feathers for so long.
__________________

Solaire of Astora

SoupBro is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Buckley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boston, MA.
Posts: 3,968
Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderHead View Post
Exactly, and if Lesnar couldn't pick up a sandbagging Holly, i don't see how people think Ryback could lift a sandbagging Tensai, who easily weighs over 100 pound more.
Ding ding ding
Buckley is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #65 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
JAROTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,079
JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

Who cares if he can lift Tensai or not? Tensai should be fired, he sucks so much.
JAROTO is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #66 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
BoulderHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bolton
Posts: 106
BoulderHead 101 - 250BoulderHead 101 - 250BoulderHead 101 - 250
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAROTO View Post
I like Ryback.
So do I, its nice to have someone "new" being pushed correctly, he adds an element of the unknown to the main event. This forum is split though, you either love him or hate him. I just don't know who else people would rather see get a push.
BoulderHead is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #67 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
AnalBleeding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 802
AnalBleeding 251 - 500AnalBleeding 251 - 500AnalBleeding 251 - 500AnalBleeding 251 - 500
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
K, so you've replied to the last sentence of my post. Or rather, you replied to one three letter acronym in my post (for posting "WWE" instead of "NFL"). I never disputed that Lesnar was stronger than Ryback in the first place, I agreed that he was, so that point's been over already. It's in dead horse territory now.

What the rest of it? Such are your claim that Ryback isn't even close to as strong as Goldberg, yet I posted their stats and it's a 5% difference in favor of Ryback, or a mere 4.5% difference in favor of Goldberg if you take his word for it.
You can't just compare their strength via stats anyway (even though Lesnar and Goldberg both are stronger in the weight lifting department)... when it comes to lifting other human beings and in ring strength, you have to take into consideration all that functional strength.

Goldberg has trained in Mixed Martial Arts since the 90s, was also a football player.

Lesnar wrestled amateur for over 18 years, winning an NCAA championship.. claiming the title of best wrestler in the entire United States in 2000, and runner up in 1999.

Both Goldberg and Lesnar have far more functional strength and athleticism when it comes to lifting moving things like other humans, and throwing them around.. and also other humans who resist being picked up... whereas Ryback's strength just comes from pure lifting dead weight in the gym..

In other words, lets say a 290lb Ryback takes you down and puts his weight on you and tries to keep you from moving.... it will probably feel like theres 290lbs on you... whereas if a 290lb Brock put his weight on you and tried to keep you from moving, it will feel like theres 600lbs on top of you because of his functional strength. He knows how to use his weight... then have both of them pick you up and throw you, and resist as much as you can... Ryback will probably have a harder time picking up and throwing a person who is resisting and moving than Brock simply because he isnt as used to it.

in short: Ryback isn't used to picking up and throwing humans who are resisting whereas guys like Brock are due to their experience in MMA and amateur wrestling.
AnalBleeding is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,549
Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500Omega_VIK 5001 - 5500
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

I figured that if he tried his finisher (whatever the fuck it's called) on larger opponents that there would be problems. Ryback sucks as far as I'm concerned. I personally don't like this Goldberg-like gimmick at all. I hate the character because it literally a recycled gimmick that's been run to the ground.
__________________

Daffney > TNA

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #69 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,119
SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500SinJackal 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathWFC View Post
Again, I never once said his move is "easy" to do on someone like Tensai, simply that based on everything I've seen of all three I personally would think that Lesnar and Goldberg could pull off the same move 100% of the time, which Ryback clearly cannot, and with more ease.

Also there's a lot more to the sort of explosive power Goldberg and Lesnar had than just unsubstantiated bench press numbers. Even if Ryback could bench 25 lbs than Goldberg for 1 rep, which I doubt, it doesn't mean that he's as powerful overall. The type of explosive power Goldberg had and displayed during his wrestling career brought a number of different muscles in to play, and it was that overall combination that made him so explosively powerful.
Those actually are substantiated numbers. I even checked multiple sources first before posting.

Also, the comment about "it doesn't mean he's more powerful over all", and that benching power isn't a catch-all definition of overall power (which I never said it was), doesn't actually help you make a point about Goldberg being any stronger.

You cannot use "what ifs" as a logical argument, nor can you use a generic belief that "just because he can bench more doesn't mean he's stronger" as a good reasoning for saying he isn't. But if you can find confirmed lists from reputable sources about their power numbers in various forms of lifting, then that would be a good point to make.

You haven't consolidated your argument or debunked anything I've said yet. I just want to see confirmed facts to support your claims. I've already posted facts that prove Ryback (at least in the most popular form of power measurment), is not weaker than Goldberg at all. Even if you give Goldberg the benefit of the doubt and average his claimed numbers with his confirmed numbers, it equals Ryback's, not exceeds it.

I've also never seen Goldberg or Lesnar pull off the same move on any wrestler, much less a 380lb one. . .so "I think they could" isn't much of a point either. No factual evidence backs that up. Just saying.
SinJackal is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #70 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
AnalBleeding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 802
AnalBleeding 251 - 500AnalBleeding 251 - 500AnalBleeding 251 - 500AnalBleeding 251 - 500
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
Those actually are substantiated numbers. I even checked multiple sources first before posting.

Also, the comment about "it doesn't mean he's more powerful over all", and that benching power isn't a catch-all definition of overall power (which I never said it was), doesn't actually help you make a point about Goldberg being any stronger.

You cannot use "what ifs" as a logical argument, nor can you use a generic belief that "just because he can bench more doesn't mean he's stronger" as a good reasoning for saying he isn't. But if you can find confirmed lists from reputable sources about their power numbers in various forms of lifting, then that would be a good point to make.

You haven't consolidated your argument or debunked anything I've said yet. I just want to see confirmed facts to support your claims. I've already posted facts that prove Ryback (at least in the most popular form of power measurment), is not weaker than Goldberg at all. Even if you give Goldberg the benefit of the doubt and average his claimed numbers with his confirmed numbers, it equals Ryback's, not exceeds it.

I've also never seen Goldberg or Lesnar pull off the same move on any wrestler, much less a 380lb one. . .so "I think they could" isn't much of a point either. No factual evidence backs that up. Just saying.
You think Ryback would be able to pull something like this off?

AnalBleeding is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios