Largest arms in the world, BROTHER!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Re: Raw 10/01/2012 Discussion: Will AJ's parents please take her home?
What I Liked:
- The main event tag match was nothing special, but a nice effort from DB & Punk in addition to a great call back with Ziggler walking out on Punk as revenge for Punk walking out on him weeks ago. Ziggler Vs. Punk down the road to unify the belts? I'd be in favor of that.
- Sheamus & Sandow had a solid match. It could have been just a typical "Feed the heel to the babyface" type of bout, but they let Sandow be a little creative in there which made it stand out at least a little bit.
- The tag team tournament match of Rey/Cara Vs. Epico/Primo was a solid outing.
- Cesaro's amazing show of strength on Brodus Clay was cool.
- The interaction between Punk & JR was great as usual.
What I Didn't Like:
- The opening segment was obnoxious. Lets have a ton of characters pile in the ring to talk about who should be in charge and then screech and scream at each other the whole time. It gave me a headache. And the point? Just to set up a tag team main event. Yeah, never seen that before.
- The debate segment was painfully bad. What the hell is there to debate about? You are wrestlers! Athletes! Not politicians. It was just a week attempt at the WWE to relate to current events. I could forgive it if the segment was entertaining, but it was painfully bad with Sheamus being his usual unfunny and obnoxious self. With this & the opening segment, the first half of the show was very hard to sit through.
- Ryback's match was a disaster this week. Watching him fail at picking up Tensai was just terrible was kind of embarrassing. It also looked really bad later when this guy laid an egg earlier in the show and then faced off with Punk when I think a lot of us wanted Austin. It is like "Really? This guy?". He got a loud reaction tonight, which just stuns me. It is incredible the things WWE can get away with sometimes. I remember us as fans collectively mocking WCW for The Renegade which clearly ripped off The Ultimate Warrior (so much so that some of the other kids I knew back then even thought it was The Warrior at first), but WWE does a gimmick that is clearly a watered down Goldberg, and that is OK. Oh well.
- Once again, I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE SHOW!!! And here we are ONCE AGAIN, So and So in charge is "on probation" and people are jocking for the position of power. Yeah...I don't give a shit. Speaking of all that, why did they have to force feed us that executive coach character. Don't they already have an anger management therapist? Why not have him pal around with AJ?
And the rest of the show was fairly forgettable. Overall, a downright disappointing Raw. It felt like they were finally starting to get on track, but they took a step back here. Punk & Heyman continues to be a nice pairing on TV to drive the show, but the writing continues to hurt my head in a lot of cases.
Last edited by TripleG; 10-01-2012 at 11:55 PM.